"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

lostpilot

anything..

yeah, absurd

goldpony

well, hows the weather in your corner of the earth? its been rainy here, which kinda sucks since the weather has been kick-ass fro the last couple of weeks.

what album(s) are you looking forward to? i can't wait for the cure to drop myself.
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

lostpilot

(that was nice)

erm, nowadays we get enough sun in Lithuania, though the cold fall is coming, and, of course, then the winter.. which used to be all snowy and cold, now only cold or snowy.. sucks.

and about the albums.. the album I look forward to having is The Appleseed Cast's "Sagarmantha", coming out aprox on November.. ah, so anticipated!

Actually I've never been a fan of the Cure.. what do you find in their music? Maybe I was looking in wrong places (dah, albums) after all?

goldpony

i like the cure because the songs are awesome and the lyrics are prety clever. if you need a place to start, i suggest boys dont cry (pre-synth stuff, reminds of alot of shoegaze type stuff) or seventeen seconds (more synthy and dark).

here is a great link to get started http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php?action=search2, all the cure albums should be there. i really recommend starting with the early stuff and moving forward (if you are so inclined). i have to imagine with your taste in music, you should enjoy the early stuff

i've never heard appleseed cast. they intigue me. where do i start?
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

Quote from: goldpony on Sep 09, 2008, 10:07 PM
well, hows the weather in your corner of the earth? its been rainy here, which kinda sucks since the weather has been kick-ass fro the last couple of weeks. 
Its hot as fuck on Okinawa.  But it has stated to like cool off a little bit in the mornings and evenings.  Its pretty great.  My Anglo ancestors were for sure not from a warm - humid climate.  I cant wait to move back to a high altitude desert. 

goldpony

so you can be in hot as fuck non humid climate?
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

lostpilot

Quote from: goldpony on Sep 10, 2008, 12:16 AM
i've never heard appleseed cast. they intigue me. where do i start?

Low Level Owl, Volumes I and II.
Totally.
Epic epic epic!

And yeah, I will try some Cure, thanks!

Hm.. the weather.
I actually like non humid climate too. Cause rain usually pisses me off.. but in Lithuania it rains really often, and in Ireland, where I am going to live in three years time, it rains even mooooooooore..

goldpony

but at least ireland is cool ;D
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

Quote from: goldpony on Sep 10, 2008, 12:24 AM
so you can be in hot as fuck non humid climate?
I agree very well with dry heat.  And Albuquerque is only hot for a couple months out of the year.  Most of the time the weather is cool or cold.  Dont forget that antartica is a desert.  They dont always have to be hot!

lostpilot

Quote from: Variable on Sep 10, 2008, 12:41 AM
I agree very well with dry heat.  And Albuquerque is only hot for a couple months out of the year.  Most of the time the weather is cool or cold.  Dont forget that antartica is a desert.  They dont always have to be hot!

I think a person feels warmer in dry cold.
And now, I have to agree with you, Trey - I actually prefer cold weather too.

and yes, Ireland IS cool!
I love that country!

Variable

word.  Any weather that you can just throw on a hoodie is good weather

lostpilot

Quote from: Variable on Sep 10, 2008, 04:17 AM
Any weather that you can just throw on a hoodie is good weather

nicely put!

how is everyone?

White Pwny

Quote from: Variable on Sep 10, 2008, 04:17 AM
word.  Any weather that you can just throw on a hoodie is good weather

+1   
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Variable

yeah well now a typhoon is headed my way.  So I guess I get to bust out the gortex instead of a hoodie.  And hope the power stays on.  at least I stocked up on food

lostpilot

how typhoonish that typhoon will be?
on the level of destruction..

goldpony

well once it meets trey in all his power and glory, it will probably change direction and slam into indonesia to make itself feel better  ;D
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt