Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@ Lostpilot

Started by Zevaka, May 25, 2008, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Pwny

Quote from: bored on Oct 09, 2008, 04:50 PM
I think, Cyn, walking is the only thing why I am not fat apart the fact that my genes give me nice slim body.
Cause I really do walk very very much, and I still have, well, a certain type of shape.. what of course I would not actually call any shape, lol.

Darius you make me laugh.   

Walking is helping to slim me down.   And to tighten up my ass and legs.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

lostpilot

yes, it works that way.
By the way, a bit about my name -

in English technically all your names have no derivative forms for different case.
In Lithuanian Darius is just the first form of the name - it's like, Darius was walking across the lawn, just like Cyn was walking across the lawn.

And now, when one is appealing to someone, it is said (in my case)
Dariau, paduok man puodelį! (eng: Dariau, please give me that cup!).

So, in English you'd have 'Cyn, please give me that cup!', which is not a derivative word.
So, now you'll know the other time you appeal to me, you should write 'Dariau' instead of 'Darius'.

Just a short lesson on Lithuanian, lol!

White Pwny

OMG now I have to remember two derivitaves of your name?!

lostpilot

it isn't that hard.
I mean, Darius in general, as name, is not only used in Lithuania - it's a Greek name,
I think you can meet many Darius'es in USA, don't you?
and the other one is just a technicallity :)
If you want you can not use that, I just pointed out basic information on that.

White Pwny

haha ... ok.. I'll try to remember.  But please remember.  I'm a stoner.

lostpilot

I know, I know.
there are moments I forget your all names too.
Cause, damn, I'm a druggie too

White Pwny

We need to smoke some together!    That would be fun.   

Variable

Quote from: bored on Oct 09, 2008, 04:44 PM
those are the ones I am not able to do home.
basically some stretching, push ups, basic leg excercises, abs.. and self invented way to somehow excercise the back muscles.. less than basics, lol.

gta do pull ups man.  And lunges.  Lots of planks too.  You will be good

lostpilot

Quote from: White Pwny on Oct 09, 2008, 05:22 PM
We need to smoke some together!    That would be fun.  

that would be fun. just buy a plane ticket and we're good to go ;D

White Pwny

haha I was thinkin you buy the ticket... then you can smoke with Jax too!

lostpilot

Quote from: Variable on Oct 09, 2008, 05:28 PM
basically some stretching, push ups, basic leg excercises, abs.. and self invented way to somehow excercise the back muscles.. less than basics, lol.

I am not actually aware how planks are done.
internet's not helping me. I'm sure it has a equal meaning word in Lithuanian, but I can't figure it out.
and as I said, there is nooooo nothing on what I can do pull ups. seriously - not a pipe, not a rail, nothing in my home which would help me do that. sucks, dude

mrs_swa

Quote from: White Pwny on Oct 09, 2008, 05:43 PM
haha I was thinkin you buy the ticket... then you can smoke with Jax too!

yes!! 1 ticket is less expensive than if we had to buy 2., and we would smoke ya up for coming here for sure.
...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

lostpilot

oh, gawd ;D

I gotta go take a walk and smoke a nice self rolled cigarette now,
it's still not dark outside.. later it will all be flooded with fog.
I hope my friend's not busy

Variable

Quote from: bored on Oct 09, 2008, 05:43 PM
Quote from: Variable on Oct 09, 2008, 05:28 PM

I am not actually aware how planks are done.
internet's not helping me. I'm sure it has a equal meaning word in Lithuanian, but I can't figure it out.
and as I said, there is nooooo nothing on what I can do pull ups. seriously - not a pipe, not a rail, nothing in my home which would help me do that. sucks, dude
look up core strenghting excercized

lostpilot

oh, now I got it.
ha, I have actually never heard an exercise of this form.
gotta try it later.

Variable

They are fucking hard man.  Most people don't have a very strong core.  I think the side plank is one of the hardest.  I hold for a min

The bridge is also killer.

http://weightlossexercise.wordpress.com/2008/02/12/core-exercises/

it is also A LOT harder if you lift a leg like this.  Go up, life one leg.  Hold.  Then put it down.  Lift the other.  Hold.  Put it down ( keeping your pelvis straight the whole time) then go back down and rest.  That is 1.  Good shit.

tarkil

We do this kind of things all the time in rugby trainings... Killer indeed......

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

lostpilot

Quote from: Variable on Oct 10, 2008, 01:55 PM
They are fucking hard man.  Most people don't have a very strong core.  I think the side plank is one of the hardest.  I hold for a min

for the first time I held ~50 seconds (side plank), but my dog then bothered me and had to stop.
and yes, it is hard - after the ~35 seconds it all gets kind of shaky - did not count how long could I do the normal plank though..

I think my core is, well, quite strong.
though in school, gym class I always was the weak one, I've beaten most of the guys on abs excercises.. ah, I had nice abs. beer and not too healthy lifestyle did not help me here

by the way, thanks for the input  ;)

Variable

No problem man.  I'm a big advocate of exercise and a healthy life style.  It's just a quality of life type thing.

But for a bit more input.  Your abdominal strength and core strength are two different things.  This is why the core gets ignored so much.  People think that if you just work your lower back and abs, they will be good.  Also most people don't exercise enough to need a really strong core.  But a weak core can cause all kinds of exercise injuries ( I myself am trying to recover from a hip injury from my ridiculously weak core )  A weak core will also limit the strength, endurance, and function of your larger muscles.  won't really help you look better or anything like that.  It's all up to you to do what works for you.  I just personally would recommend doing core strengthening exercises at least once a week.  You can also look up kettlebell exercises for core strength.

lostpilot