Started by Zevaka, May 25, 2008, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

kids, I DESIRE ATTENTION

Crazylegs

i totally forgot your old alias

bright lights, big city

hello, sir.

how is the Picturesque Episodes coming along?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

well, the new album is slowly falling into place. so far I've finished (until the FINISH finish phase) seven songs out of sixteen. much work ahead, but I am quite pleased with how I wrote the last part of the album, which is pretty much complete.

yet I still have a very much annoying thing about being a one man project, I feel a bit underappreciated (which is actually the opposite of what I would expect) . I mean I know anyone can create music nowadays, but I feel a bit better than the newbie one man music projects. and yet I feel somewhat unnoticed, especially in my homeland, Lithuania.

anyway. how you've been, both of you?

bright lights, big city

I'm doing well. I miss making music, I just haven't had time since I graduated from college, and all my friends have real jobs, so they never feel like jamming or anything. So that kind of sucks, because every once in a while I'll have an idea for a song or album that would rock. Whatever, though.

As for you, seeing as you have talent, I'm positive you'll find some appreciation and such soon. You and your music are definitely always being noticed here by a bunch of us.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

I hope you'll eventually find someone to rock out with. For people with creativity struggle it's the most important part of life.. I don't know what would I do if I could not completely have contact with writing/playing music. And if to talk about my music and Sharing Lungs, yes, I am very grateful to this community, cause generally like 50 percent of all my listeners come from here :)

btw, do you have any records of your previous music endeavors?

bright lights, big city

yeah I'll have to dig around here somewhere for some old stuff. One project had a myspace page back in the day, but someone shut that down a couple years ago.
DERP

Crazylegs

Quote from: lostpilot on Oct 28, 2009, 12:59 AM
anyway. how you've been, both of you?

i've been good. Recently started jamming with a new band, so i'm hoping something will come of that. Sorry i haven't hooked you up with some drum grooves or anything, like we talked about over last.fm, but i've just not taken the time to come up with anything, i usually can't be bothered to start recording something when i'm behind the drums.

lostpilot

yeah, I remember that. that's okay anyway, cause lately I've been busy like I've never been.. university and shitttttttttttt.

Deftones-argentina

Hey darius, hope we can soon do our musical collaboration man. How's you many man and a dancer band doing by the way?

lostpilot

Hey!

My band is really okay. We're doing quite much these days, playing live shows and stuff, yet our dancer is in Turkey for this season, but she's coming back in January or something.

And yes, I am waiting for all those upcoming collaborations with all of you!

bright lights, big city

So is this Lonesome Sky in H Minor your new album? If so, what's the meaning, because in my musical life, i've never come across an H note lulz
DERP

lostpilot

well, H is obviously not a note.
this is how I explained the title to one of the fans - 'Lonesome Sky' is the story on which album is based (though I am not really thinking about revealing the story in any way to my listeners. I just divided album into "Figures", while the titles used to give off some material of the plot), and H Minor is my personal perspective. What I mean by that - on many occasions I had my nickname regarded as "H". So H Minor is my absolutely independent and personal perspective on music and the album itself. Hope this explains things a bit.

I am still thinking about the story thing.
Cause album does work without story anyway, but.. well I just do not know.

bright lights, big city

haha, it's a good answer.
DERP

lostpilot

TALK TO ME, KIDS, TALK TO ME

anyway, how is everyone?
I feel as if I'm not familiar with any of you guys lately

Deftones-argentina

You've been conecting a lot less latelly Dude. To be honest today for me was a shitty day, my bro and me got into two arguments/close to verbal fights (in 20 minutes or less)  with the douche of the building where we work and a stupid client who got upset because he does his job horribly everyday (which affects directly on us). But after that i got a band reunion, thigs are going cool for the moment, we'll have an entire weekend focus session. We'll be together from friday afternoon to sunday for making new songs and tightening the old ones. Oh, and today for a lack of a better tranpsort I stepped on my old skate, felt like I was 14 again and brought me golden memories, really cool.
    In more general lines it seems I decided to study publicity and have recently chose the university i'm going to. Only 4 blocks fom my work, that's ace!
your life? still with all those violent up n' downs???

lostpilot

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Feb 10, 2010, 02:20 AM
    You've been conecting a lot less latelly Dude. To be honest today for me was a shitty day, my bro and me got into two arguments/close to verbal fights (in 20 minutes or less)  with the douche of the building where we work and a stupid client who got upset because he does his job horribly everyday (which affects directly on us). But after that i got a band reunion, thigs are going cool for the moment, we'll have an entire weekend focus session. We'll be together from friday afternoon to sunday for making new songs and tightening the old ones. Oh, and today for a lack of a better tranpsort I stepped on my old skate, felt like I was 14 again and brought me golden memories, really cool.
    In more general lines it seems I decided to study publicity and have recently chose the university i'm going to. Only 4 blocks fom my work, that's ace!
your life? still with all those violent up n' downs???

yeah, it's all about ups and downs now, though I notice more ups lately.. not sure why though.

I mean, well, first of all, I dropped down in the university rotation lists, therefore I am no more getting my monthly scholarship - which was pretty much my only income, so I'm broke - yeaaaaaaaaaah, very nice. And I actually lost all interest in university, cause it's just too boring, and the people are all soulless shitheads. Though, I'm studying about Radio Media this half-year, and it was absolutely nice, when the lecturer just came to the class and said he's honored to have me (as in the lithuanian musician) as his student. That was pretty sweet.

In other news, I am absolutely tired of winter. I mean, winters in Lithuania are a bitch - it holds for about 6 months, and I'm pretty sure it will still be here for a couple of months - and I want spring NAO. seriously.

All is kind of well with my girlfriend - I can't believe, it's actually my first functioning relationship that lasts this long so far, and it's all really, really good. I love how she is into me, even into my music, and we both listen to pretty much same bands - which for me personally is a base requirement for a chick. And you will not find a lot of chicks in Lithuania that would enjoy bands like MONO, GY!BE, etc like me - and she does. We just have a connection of a deeper level, kinda.

And finally, the major aspect of my life - musicianship. We're kinda stale with slowattack. Though we had a really nice show couple of days ago, just because our old bassist was in the town. And the problem is, that the new one.. kinda sucks. I mean, yeah, he's good at playing at all, but it's been weeks and he still cannot enter our "atmosphere", to get to the vibe that we have. I really hope he will get to it soon.

Def-arg, publicity? How come? is it something along the lines of public relations and journalism?

Deftones-argentina

it's about doing magazine, tv, radio publcitary spots, whatever needs to be sold. To be honest with you, good ideas come to my mind for things like that but I fear to end doing all those shitty and sexist perfumes tv commercials that Foz puts. They get on my nerves, I have to change everytime one of those appears.

lostpilot

well, dude, all I can say is - fight for what you believe; what I mean by this - if you have good ideas - go, try and put them out. And don't take any shit by the people that will try to make you do those shitty photoshop polished commercials :)

bright lights, big city

apendicitis?! fuck. get better soon dooooooood!
DERP