Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@ Lostpilot

Started by Zevaka, May 25, 2008, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

yeah, I'm kinda wretched now, thanks for your good thoughts!

I can't walk normally, I am always in pain etc, though I am now back home after 5 days in the hospital, so I think I'll be fine.
I'll just have to make sure I adjust my life to new challenges, lol, like not being able to bend over. Though this is a good thing, right?
lol

anyway,
how have all of you been, my loved ones?

bright lights, big city

good to hear buddy. does this mean you can't perform or anything, because of the appendix? since you can't bend? my old man had surgery around that region a couple weeks ago and still can't lift any weights, do sit-ups, or really much of anything.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

yeah, exactly. today it took me 15 minutes to put on my shoes.
lol, seriously. VERY frustrating

Crazylegs

i was just checking your facebook profile and i have to ask you a question. Is Kaleidoskopijus really part of your name?

lostpilot

no.
it's pretty much like 'Darius Kaleidoscope Gerulis'.
Just a random thing I did a couple of months ago and it just became that way.

I am Darius Gerulis. By the way, my surname, in lithuanian, means "a good man". literally, lol. Some people use "Gerulis" for, like, they see a really really good movie, and they then compliment the movie by "Gerulis". How awesome am I NAO?

E-Money

Darius, My names Eric Stapars.  My dads family is originally from Riga, Latvia.  My pops moved to the states when he was very young, but he still speaks fluent Latvian and German.  Im sure you've been to Latvia b4.  I hear the country is really struggling......

Crazylegs

Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 22, 2010, 09:26 PM
no.

I am Darius Gerulis. By the way, my surname, in lithuanian, means "a good man". literally, lol. Some people use "Gerulis" for, like, they see a really really good movie, and they then compliment the movie by "Gerulis". How awesome am I NAO?

Oh you're awesome allright. Kaleidoskopijus would be a Gerulis name though (can i say that?).

lostpilot

Quote from: stapezee on Apr 22, 2010, 09:31 PM
Darius, My names Eric Stapars.  My dads family is originally from Riga, Latvia.  My pops moved to the states when he was very young, but he still speaks fluent Latvian and German.  Im sure you've been to Latvia b4.  I hear the country is really struggling......

you could have just told me the surname, I'd say you're somehow from Latvia. It has a very latvian sound to it.
Yes, I have been to Latvia, Riga, I usually take my flights from there, or take my connecting flights there etc etc. In my head it's a better country than Lithuania, but those both are in a really bad shape now.

Yes, Lithuania is strugling a lot now. Our politicians are total dumbasses with no sense of direction of what they are doing. Random laws, random shit going on. The media is crazy about any kind of glowing scandals, people are generally very angry, disappointed with everything and very very ignorant in many ways (I'm talking about racism and homophobia here, and generally lithuanians lack the information about better things in the universe).

Yes, we do have the highest suicide rate in the world. No wonder. This place is dark.
I can't wait to escape, but I will always keep my "heritage" as a lithuanian person. i'm not even sure why anymore :)

cheers!

lostpilot

Quote from: Crazylegs on Apr 22, 2010, 09:35 PM
Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 22, 2010, 09:26 PM
no.

Oh you're awesome allright. Kaleidoskopijus would be a Gerulis name though (can i say that?).

well, in some way yes. some versions in lithuanian:
"ble, Kaleidoskopijus tai žiauriai geruuuuuuuuuuulis :D"

translation
"fuck, Kaleidoskopijus is really awesome :D"

Crazylegs

I like how the smiley is the same in both lithuanian and english.

lostpilot

yes, there is a close resemblance in smiling in lithuanian and english, lol

if to speak truthfully, lithuanian is considered to be one of the most difficult languages over the world. It's insane with all the variations, words etc etc. And I have mastered this language quite good! I often notice I am a languages person

Deftones-argentina

How are you recovering darius?? what are the plans for the next month? get better soon bro.

lostpilot

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Apr 23, 2010, 04:59 AM
How are you recovering darius?? what are the plans for the next month? get better soon bro.

Well, I am slowly getting better, but VERY slowly. I think I won't be able to walk normally for a couple of weeks, including any other dynamic movement like bending etc etc etc. The plans, well, are very down to earth - I have to write a paper for the university, a lot of projects and works. Then we will play  a couple of shows with this swedish (?) band Locomotora in Kaunas and Vilnius with slowattack, and we will be recording our album sometime on May.

Then on May 10 I will release Constellations (I have to finish the illustrations, baaaaaah!) and will slowly begin 'Dreams IV'. But slowly, I don't want to rush things. We could think about a release date in summer, july/august probably.

Thanks for your concern, dear dudes and dudettes:)

bright lights, big city

well personally, i can't wait to hear Constellations!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

but be ready.
I mean, it's different.. generally as an album it is less.. coherent? but I put my heart in it.
Today I finished the fucking epic finale.
That was unexpected. There are now two different endings to the album, haha.
The physical copy will contain the more epic one ;)

Vesanic

The server won't let me send PM's with URL... So here's your request, mate:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JM9XZK6I

lostpilot

thanks a ton!

Vesanic

Sick signature, man.

Where's that from ?

lostpilot

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 06, 2010, 09:23 PM
Sick signature, man.

Where's that from ?

that's by an artist who made very much album covers of postmetal bands -
John Baizley.

Google it up - some GREAT artworks :)

Vesanic

Holy hell. Huge amounts of epicness in his style.