Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

the seattle scene

Started by kalhan, May 29, 2008, 09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jizzlobber

gawd, back when i was a little kid the seattle scene, and the sound was everything to me...

it really injected a large ammount of fanatacism for music into me..being so young, it helped define who i became..pretty deep
<

Jacob

the old grunge thread seems to be lost so I'm posting this here instead, even though it's not entirely related.

I've rediscovered an old favorite of mine: Days of The New. a lot of grunge fanatics give this "band" a lot of shit for pretty much copying AIC's acoustic sound and making a career out of it, but imo they deserve a lot more credit than that. it's actually pretty much a solo project from Travis Meeks, as he's switched band members regularly and done all the writing himself. he was 17(!) when he released the first album. and even if he might lack in originality, he is a fantastic songwriter, singer and guitarist. if you're into the grunge sound, especially the more acoustic stuff, then you should check them out. the first two albums are almost entirely acoustic. but they are real rockers nonetheless. here's my favorite song from the first album (not perfect quality, but whatever):

Days of the New - NOW
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Sushi-X

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS!

Hahahaha . . . . .

Rocket Skates '94