Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

'Uncontacted tribes' sighted in Amazon

Started by theis, May 30, 2008, 08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldnewtype

CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

goldpony

so this is now being reported as a hoax, just as i predicted :)
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

theis

goldpony

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/91536/;_ylt=Aj8fmmCodP_Dj4ivmfdoHUrXn414

^^heres the proof. it was basically some guy trying to bring awareness to the effects of deforestation
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

shine down unshy

Oh well, it worked.  Everyone knows

Jacob

well, it wasn't a complete lie. the photos are still of a real tribe, and their reactions towards them helicopter seem real. the difference is that we've known about this tribe for almost 100 years already.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

shine down unshy

Yep, it's still interesting as hell.

Variable

Quote from: goldpony on Jun 24, 2008, 09:05 PM
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/91536/;_ylt=Aj8fmmCodP_Dj4ivmfdoHUrXn414

^^heres the proof. it was basically some guy trying to bring awareness to the effects of deforestation
ahahahahahaha FUCK all of you who called me an idiot and stupid for saying that in the first place. 

Fireal1222

i wonder if any SL members are from that tribe

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Variable

Quote from: Variable on May 30, 2008, 10:48 PM
My story is that some guy from the National Indian foundation was mad because him and his organization dont get enough attention.  So he photoshoped the pics and gave them to the press to raise awareness or get funding or something.  So pretty much this guy is awesome for proving that the US news media is a bunch of morons.

seriously, orange men shooting arrows and airplanes flying overhead?  That's like something out of a bad wana be indiana jones movie.  No way its real.  I believe in uncontacted tribes 100%, just not these pics.
Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on May 30, 2008, 11:30 PM
these pics are real.

you can't possibly be this ignorant.
ahahahahahahaha

nonesuch

yea but this was obvious.   Of course we know there are wild tribes living in the amazon and elsewhere, since when was that up for debate?  This is just about media manipulation.  If every news source starts talking about the dangers of coffee one day, then all of sudden there is a worldwide coffee crisis.  They are turning our heads to look in whatever direction they want us to, so that they can sell some line of products or ideals and further their control of your minds
i drink your milkshake

theis

Quote from: Variable on Jun 26, 2008, 01:59 AM
Quote from: Variable on May 30, 2008, 10:48 PM
My story is that some guy from the National Indian foundation was mad because him and his organization dont get enough attention.  So he photoshoped the pics and gave them to the press to raise awareness or get funding or something.  So pretty much this guy is awesome for proving that the US news media is a bunch of morons.

seriously, orange men shooting arrows and airplanes flying overhead?  That's like something out of a bad wana be indiana jones movie.  No way its real.  I believe in uncontacted tribes 100%, just not these pics.
Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on May 30, 2008, 11:30 PM
these pics are real.

you can't possibly be this ignorant.
ahahahahahahaha

why are you laughing? the tribes are real. they've just been around longer than mentioned first.

Variable

Because that whole situation was exactly as I said.  Some douche that made fake pics and a fake story to get attention and funding.  I straight up said that I believe in uncontacted tribes 100%.  But that I didn't buy those pics or the story.  And it all happened exactly how I said, and you called me ignorant for saying it.  I still dont buy those pics either. They got videos of their huts but couldn't get videos of them shooting arrows at the plane?  No, they were photoshopped into the pre existing scene.  The point is, I was right and you were wrong. So it made me laugh.

Variable

indychinoluv

Variable

indychinoluv

Quote from: Variable on Jul 04, 2008, 03:12 AM
im sure it still rings true
You got me there.
I still annoys me when you're right though. Takes all the fun out of it.

How about trying to be wrong sometiimes

Variable

Its just not in me to be wrong.  Sorry.  There are a whole lot of other people on this board who are wrong a lot though.  You can get some satisfaction from them.

goldpony

"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

wither-I

Quote from: nonesuch on Jul 03, 2008, 02:46 PM
yea but this was obvious.   Of course we know there are wild tribes living in the amazon and elsewhere, since when was that up for debate?  This is just about media manipulation.  If every news source starts talking about the dangers of coffee one day, then all of sudden there is a worldwide coffee crisis.  They are turning our heads to look in whatever direction they want us to, so that they can sell some line of products or ideals and further their control of your minds
exploitation is key for ethic

nonesuchofwhat?

"coming into the nearness of distance"