Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crystal Skulls: the year 2012 and other Myths

Started by Corleone, Jun 02, 2008, 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Pwny

Dude it's just funny to think that they are looking down... then glancing at their watches... just waiting til we fuck up bad enough.   
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Variable

uh, get on yahoo

and yeah its cool to think about, but totally unrealistic

Battle-Axe

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 11, 2008, 07:01 PM
Quote from: Battle-Axe on Jun 11, 2008, 02:52 PM
Quote from: Oldnewtype on Jun 03, 2008, 04:38 PM
i could say a whole lot on this topic but. as usual. im lazy, so all im gonna say is we have too much shit left to fuck up for the world to end in just 4 years.

It's not about the world ending - it's about this current universal cycle ending.

My boss is waaay into this stuff and so I'm not 100% sure on this, but he said something like the universal cycle is like 26,000 years long and is based around the moon revolving around us revolving round the sun revolving round whatever it does. The Mayans were the ones who worked it all out and they were the first to pioneer calendars and stuff like that and he said it was proved somewhere their calendars were only like 13 seconds out. Out from what, I dunno, but they were pretty fuckin accurate. Apparantly every 26,000 something catastrophic happens and this has been "proven" too, and they say that on 21st December 2012 or roundabouts something is gonna happen and it'll bring about "collective consciousness" because we're coming to the end of the universal cycle.

He said there's always like a 5 year transition or something and December last year marked that 5 year transition to the end of this universal cycle and long story short, shit is apparantly about to hit the fan :P

I'm not 100% sure I believe it but I'm not gonna completely deny it could happen either. I just find these things interesting more than anything :]

theres alot of great videos about it.. the best one i saw was on the history channel. its on youtube.. its called the decoding the past. the mayan prophecy

but its really interesting stuff. and i must admit i believe it..

Thanks, I'll try watching it later when youtube decides to work for me :]

Quote from: Variable on Jun 16, 2008, 08:09 PM
yeah, plus its pretty arrogant to think that a whole species is sitting around watching us just waiting to help in case of a huge disaster. 

I agree with this BUT I do to some extent believe there is other life out there. Some people believe like the bible is a big sort of... "astrological metaphor" or something... I'm crap at explaining things :/ But the general gist of that is that they believe Jesus is the sun, his 12 disciples are the 12 zodiac constellations and that angels are actually aliens. There's all sorts of other stuff ties into that as well such as the great star the 3 wise men etc. supposedly followed has something to do with how Orion's belt changes slightly in December but again, this isn't something I believe in but I'm not gonna dismiss it either. These are just things my boss talks about at work that I find interesting :)

LIFEAFTERDEATH

Quote from: Variable on Jun 16, 2008, 02:18 PM
Quote from: LIFEAFTERDEATH on Jun 16, 2008, 05:32 AM
I have so many thoughts. I feel rightous just because I am not scared of death and trust me fellow homo sapians if anybody has been scared of death it is I! Oh the lord has tested me immensly, i've faced myself many times feeling the impending doom of life, getting thoughts so far out i couldnt even comprehend them and made me feel not alive, but I'm a man, i'm going to keep living, i can't stop my heart, i don't want too, I luv too much.

there is many thoughts and ideas and prophecies in life, i really in the end just think it's beautiful.

For a long time I ignored alot of things, my back was against the wall, i couldnt understand why nobody was fighting for their freedom, people just accept things, i wanted to not care too, but this system pulled me into it and made me fight back, instilled me with hate, but i dont hate, i just want my rights!

God is amazing isnt he? I mean 4.6 billion years and goin on this earthly situation and he we are. the world has destroyed and rebuilt itself many times, and will continou to do so! so what if another apocalypse is coming, god wants his children back! and I will be there seated at mount zion with him!

but while im here, im gonna make music, wheter only i hear it or everybody alive does doesnt matter, what matters to me is that I leave it here on earth and whatever form of life comes next, I hope they have anthropologists so they can dig up my thoughts and ideas on tape and listen to it! thats all i care about.
if an "anthropologists" dug you up and was able to some how tape your thoughts.  they would say " wow, what a moron who uses so many words to say absolutely nothing except, im a moron"
Quote from: LIFEAFTERDEATH on Jun 16, 2008, 10:02 AM

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jun 16, 2008, 08:36 AM
"Today, we need a nation of minutemen citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life, and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-John F. Kennedy (March 29th, 1961)

And just as every other man that was trying to portray freedom in america in the 1960's the goverment wiped him out too! not only him, but his brother, and they framed the hitman too!

he was a good president, and his successor, bill clinton, also had his campaign ruined by the goverment.
obviously Clinton was not JFK's successor.  And Clinton was elected twice.  His campaign that was not ruined by the government.  he was the fucking government for 8 years, idiot.

No he wasn't, he was a figurehead, just like every president, the thing is, yes, he actually did some work, didn't have all the people behind him and the rest of the pentagon forming plans, he did his part, but still those behind him that were jealous did everything they could to character assasinate him.

Jizzlobber

Quote from: Variable on Jun 16, 2008, 02:29 PM
Quote from: Jizzlobber on Jun 16, 2008, 09:07 AM
I read something relating to 2012 that involved the extra-terrestrial alien 'greys' making a massive uncovering of their observations of us, and making themselves available to help us with whatever may happen on Dec 21 2012.

coz they have advanced beyond us, and we have somehow fucked up the way we were meant to evolve as a civilisation by our technological advances causing global environmental catastrophies the likes of which we will not know how to deal with or reverse...i'e global warming.

lots of 2012 stuff egtting talked about lately.
No offense but I think your post in total BS, except for one point.  Humans fucking up their evolutionary process.  There is really no more "survival of the fittest" In American society today.  And I imagine that it is the same in most European countries ( I cant really say because I have never been there )  but I mean we have social programs, affirmative action , special needs classes, political correctness....ect ect ect.  It used to be that if you were too weak to make it, you were either lower class , or you died.  The world used to be a place where only the strong survived.  Today no one really has to survive.  Our survival is our technology and "social progress"  Darwinism is gone.  evolution has stopped.  There is no more need to adapt to anything.  Its a strange thing to think about. 

yeah its can be BS. Its someone elses BS though. i find the whole scenario intriguing as hell!

the alien shit, probably unlikely, but our evolution...i think its obvious to everyone, even 5 year old kids that we fucked up something.
<

Jacob

Quote from: Variable on Jun 16, 2008, 08:13 PM
and yeah its cool to think about, but totally unrealistic

dude, have some imagination. just because something doesn't fit what you learned in school doesn't mean it's unrealistic. when I think about these things, or science in general, I always remind myself how much science has changed over the years and how "unrealistic" a lot of recent discoveries would be to scientists a few hundred years ago.

that said, I don't necessarily believe there's an alien species watching over us. but I believe in aliens to 100% and I wouldn't be one bit surprised if they're here, and have been here before, being part of the human races history.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Variable

I have a huge imagination.  But I dont see how that has much to do with me believing in aliens.  I see no reason to believe in aliens.  However I also see no reason not to believe in aliens.  So im sort of an aliennostic I guess.  I think a lot of people believe in shit just because they really really really want it to be true.  But that seems like a stupid reason to believe in something to me. 

Even if I did 100% believe in aliens I would still say its unrealistic to say that a superior species is just sitting and watching us and then boom right at the last minute will come and sweep in to rescue us from ourselves.  I mean , that's just stupid.

Jizzlobber

wanting something to be true is silly. But i find when respectable, high ranking pilots and air force staff hold press conferences on..'aerial phenomena' i cant look at these people and not believe them.

i also highly doubt any form of life is interested enough in us..as if we were an anthill, we as humans can sit and watch ants in their anthill, but we have no reason to try educate them about our technology, coz they are ants, thats sortof what we are like as earthlings, compared other species in the universe. they have no reason to bother us , coz, we kill each other and are un trustworthy and power hungry
<

Variable

or maybe we are more advanced than they are. Why are aliens always portrayed as superior beings?

Do you have any links to what you are talking about with the air force pilots? 

Jacob

Quote from: Variable on Jun 17, 2008, 10:38 AM
or maybe we are more advanced than they are. Why are aliens always portrayed as superior beings?

well, considering there are probably thousands if not millions of alien species somewhere out there we might very well be one of the more advanced. but let's say one species has managed to come here from far away - most likely they will be a lot more advanced than us. who knows, maybe they're advanced beyond our imagination.

I can very well imagine them keeping a look on us (and probably life on other planets) the same way we keep a look on wild animals.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

devilinside

Law

Variable

Quote from: aenemic on Jun 17, 2008, 01:13 PM

well, considering there are probably thousands if not millions of alien species somewhere out there we might very well be one of the more advanced. but let's say one species has managed to come here from far away - most likely they will be a lot more advanced than us. who knows, maybe they're advanced beyond our imagination.

I can very well imagine them keeping a look on us (and probably life on other planets) the same way we keep a look on wild animals.
well I mean what you are saying makes sense.  Except I still just dont see any reason to even believe that there is one alien species out there.  Yet thousands ( and I lived in Roswell, New Mexico for a year.  Believe me that I heard a lot of reasons) It all just sounds like speculation and fantasy to me.  I mean with as far as out telescopes can see out into the universe ( and that's fucking far ) why have we never even seen one of them?  I know that we have found other solar systems and shit.  But it just seems like eventually we would run on some solid proof.  And yeah I know that maybe we have and the government is hiding it.....because somehow that benefits them.  I just dont buy it right now.
Quote from: Jambi on Jun 17, 2008, 06:56 PM
Quote from: Variable on Jun 17, 2008, 08:51 AM
I have a huge imagination.

You're in the wrong job then surely...
how so?

Jizzlobber

Do you have any links to what you are talking about with the air force pilots? 

Well there are a couple video's of pilots from the U.K that was sort of made a story out of in newspapers and stuff.

Capt. Ray Bowyer was one who made a statement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IeJQGPEPrs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSCog5La-yw

Nick Pope of the British Defense ministry was involved too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G4bGWfkrio&feature=related

Normally in the U.K, UFO reporters arent treated like crazy redneck inbreeder tabloid readers who are insane and out of their minds.
I have an image that in the States no one believes that anyone who see's a UFO is sane! and that you MUST be crazy to talk about them, but, they are fact. over 2 thirds of the worlds "crop circles" are found in the U.K , so people become interested in why.

<

blondie

here's a riddle...

why would a race of alien beings travel light years to get here and just fly around moronically, crush a few twigs in circles or peek into retards' windows?

White Pwny

They peek in my windows... but I think we know why.   ;)

White Pwny

blondie

White Pwny

psh, just crush my bubble, why don't ya!?