Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Rep Your Gas Price

Started by TheWatcher, Jun 06, 2008, 12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireal1222

Quote from: Bayle on Jun 06, 2008, 05:58 AM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 06, 2008, 01:39 AM
its a shame their isnt an alternative to gasoline.. to be honest. its pathetic

we can fucking clone humans. but god forbid we find something to ride around in that doesnt take gas

Bullshit, there are already lots of alternatives. Only nobody wants to pay for it, plus are being held back by oil-companies and the government.
There are hybrid cars, cars (well here mainly busses) that already ride on water etc.
But the government won't get any taxes anymore if we start driving on water. And oil-companies will also be losing a lot of income.
But saying there are no alternative to gasoline is bullshit.

no man. im saying that there is and should be.. but the fact that nothing is released and we continue to rely on gas when we shouldnt have to

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

TheWatcher

Quote from: Corleone on Jun 06, 2008, 06:15 PM
Quote from: White Pwny on Jun 06, 2008, 02:09 PM
I pretty much don't go anywhere without my kids... and there is no "mass transit" in our town.... so.   We have to drive everywhere. 

Gas per gallon here is $3.91

I'm paying a dollar more than you, I wouldn't be too mad. :P

wow.

goldpony

i here nissan is releasing an electric car in 2009-10. The technology for alternative fuels has been around for more than 100 years (steam power!) but the unions (trucking) and oil companies (obvious) have major political influence. and for anyone who says the unions have nothing to do with it is naive. they single handedly got the highway system built, putting an end to the rail era. also the unions have major sway at ALL car companies. now im not saying that unions are bad (hell my dad belongs to one) but they do have extraordinary political muscle. large semis arent efficent (yet) using alternative fuels, can you imagine how expensive diesel would be if there were cheaper alternatives?
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

devilinside

But even with electric cars, the pollution because of making more electricity would be HORRENDOUS. (fossil plants,nuclear plants,hydro)

goldpony

Quote from: devilinside on Jun 06, 2008, 11:15 PM
But even with electric cars, the pollution because of making more electricity would be HORRENDOUS. (fossil plants,nuclear plants,hydro)

again, the technology for geo thermal, solar and wind is quite old. makes you wonder why no one developed them further in the past..... we are just now making it efficent to use these types of sources.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

devilinside

UrZ*

Wankers, i pay 9.30 for 1 gallon (USD)....
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

bright lights, big city

4.19 here pisses me off, but it made be feel better being in NYC this weekend and seeing them paying 4.59
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

Jumped to $3.94 yesterday :(

Frankz0r

Again this post?

I pay sort of US$1.25 to fill up my tank... The whole tank, not a gallon.

Lucky, right? I live in Venezuela.

When I was a kid and I watched american tv and all that stuff I always was kinda concerned about the fact of gas stations having credit cards sources to pay. I was like, WTF I can buy a Coke with the money I use to pay gas, why would anyone pay with credit card?... Now I get it.

Thank you petroleum, you make rich my country... literally.

Corleone

Quote from: TheWatcher on Jun 06, 2008, 08:30 PM
Quote from: Corleone on Jun 06, 2008, 06:15 PM
Quote from: White Pwny on Jun 06, 2008, 02:09 PM
I pretty much don't go anywhere without my kids... and there is no "mass transit" in our town.... so.   We have to drive everywhere. 

Gas per gallon here is $3.91

I'm paying a dollar more than you, I wouldn't be too mad. :P

wow.

yeah and I pay 15 cents tax on every dollar

TheWatcher

Quote from: Frankz0r on Jun 09, 2008, 04:04 PM
Again this post?

I pay sort of US$1.25 to fill up my tank... The whole tank, not a gallon.

Lucky, right? I live in Venezuela.

When I was a kid and I watched american tv and all that stuff I always was kinda concerned about the fact of gas stations having credit cards sources to pay. I was like, WTF I can buy a Coke with the money I use to pay gas, why would anyone pay with credit card?... Now I get it.

Thank you petroleum, you make rich my country... literally.

makes me wanna move

Ras Juda Selassie I

When it comes to evil men and their plans, you just have to let them be, even though it affects you and me, just pray and let it be, theres nothing you can do, don't think your vote counts, it never did, even when they stole the last two elections! but still their gonna do what they always do and keep getting rich because that somehow fulfils them, they never were taught that the best things in life are from nature, the biggest thing they are ruining. not just the ozone and the atmosphere, but humans themselves, and every other mammel for that matter. they themselves are the dirtiest dog sinking their canines into all the dead. SOME FOLKS DON"T EAT MEAT>

UrZ*

Quote from: UrZ* on Jun 07, 2008, 08:47 AM
Wankers, i pay 9.30 for 1 gallon (USD)....

i repeat, stop nagging!
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

oldgentlovecraft

Gas prices?  I syphon and run!

White Pwny

hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Variable

ok so I didnt read through this entire thread, so sorry if I repeat something that has already been said.  But I noticed some bitching about alternative fuels.

I could not agree more.  Its bull shit that we did not move away from our dependence of fossil fuels much earlier.  The oil companies could have been pushed into energy companies years ago.  I just dont think anyone saw the need to push hard enough.  However, no need to get too worked up.  It is in motion.  Honda is coming out with their hydrogen powered car in the US in 2009.  Thats a great first step.  that shit is going to sell out before they even hit the lots.  Thats going to make the other car companies want to compete.  in 5 years, most of us will probably be filling up with hydrogen ( god I hope anyways )

and kelly, totally legit about more energy to produce energy.  But like Josh said, wind and solar power are starting to advance and be used a lot more.  And I dont know if this makes sense to anyone else.  But why not develop a hydrogen plant, that runs on hydrogen.  So you pollute a bit to make a little bit of hydrogen at first.  Then you make a lot of hydrogen with that?  I know in Iceland they have been using hydrogen for a while.  I guess they have a lot of natural steam they use to produce it or something of that sort.  Also lets not forget that Nuclear power ( although it has a bad stigma ) is actually really clean, safe, and effective these days. 

I really believe that regardless of who the next president is.  As soon as bush is out of office there will be a big push towards alternative energy.  Just give it another year or so.

oh and fireal, we are no where near running out of Oil.  We could all drive SUVs until your great great grandkids couldn't even breath anymore and we still wouldn't be out of oil.

But no gas price for me, I have not paid for gas in over 2 years.  Haven't owned a vehicle since I joined the navy.

mr.sinister

It costs me $4.49 to fill up my car.

They have dozens of alternate fuels but no one gives a fuck. Whatever happened to Hydrogen fuel?

Variable

refer to the post right above you smart kid

devilinside

But isn't Hydrogen extremely dangerous as far as combustion? I have family that has worked for TVA (one of the largest producers of energy in America),so i'm aware of all the solar energy and stuff,but unfortunately it can't amount to the  power produced by fossil fuels. Here's a link to the TVA site and their "attempt" at green power.

http://www.tva.gov/greenpowerswitch/index.htm