Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Rep Your Gas Price

Started by TheWatcher, Jun 06, 2008, 12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

My dad just retired as an engineer from the Department Of Energy and he cant figure out for the life of him how anyone would think it safe to be driving around with what he calls a "hydrogen bomb" in their car.  He thinks it is way too combustible.  However, I think somewhere beyond the mind of my father, they figured it out.  Hydrogen cell technology has advanced like crazy in the past decade.

But like I said, Honda is releasing its "clairty" in 2009.  Thats just over 6 months away.  http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/ and from what I understand it has already been released in Europe.  So, regardless of if it can blow up a city block or not, its here.

indychinoluv

NZ$2.12 per litre here.

I don't drive much though, it interfares with my drinking.

devilinside

Quote from: Variable on Jun 15, 2008, 06:00 PM
My dad just retired as an engineer from the Department Of Energy and he cant figure out for the life of him how anyone would think it safe to be driving around with what he calls a "hydrogen bomb" in their car.  He thinks it is way too combustible.  However, I think somewhere beyond the mind of my father, they figured it out.  Hydrogen cell technology has advanced like crazy in the past decade.

But like I said, Honda is releasing its "clairty" in 2009.  Thats just over 6 months away.  http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/ and from what I understand it has already been released in Europe.  So, regardless of if it can blow up a city block or not, its here.

You're dad sounds smart. LOL! But,those cars,along with hybrids are fucking EXPENSIVE! To lease that Honda it's $600 a month...that's just retarded!! It's a lose lose situation.

Variable

its not about money at this point.  Its about a step in the right direction.  More and more hydrogen cars will hit the market and competition will bring down the price.  Just give it a couple years.  The clarity is obviously for some smug ass hole in san francisco who wants to feel that by driving a zero emissions car he is preventing global warming ( even though thats crap ) and has the money to pay for that good feeling.  But eventually the hydrogen car will be for those of us who want to get of foreign dependency for oil.  Plus all that good shit like cheaper fuel and being environmentally friendly and all that.

TheWatcher

its going down a tad bit

Battle-Axe

Variable

lol.  that's really funny how the digital sign with the gas prices just happened to "not be working"

goldpony

Quote from: Variable on Jun 17, 2008, 07:17 AM
lol.  that's really funny how the digital sign with the gas prices just happened to "not be working"

it wasnt intentional or anything *shifty eyes*
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

White Pwny

Quote from: goldpony on Jun 17, 2008, 08:32 PM

hahah... =o)
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Variable

Quote from: goldpony on Jun 17, 2008, 08:32 PM

yeah exactly.  Im surprised that "owner operator" didn't get the shit kicked out of him for that.

Battle-Axe

Hahaha I didn't even notice that :D

But it's like £1.29.9... fuck it pretty much £1.30 per litre... which is about 2 and a half dollars. I was looking through some pictures of me and my friends from about 2 years ago and there's a petrol station in the background and the price is like 80p :/

It's pretty ridiculous and with the way things are going I don't think I'm ever gonna bother to learn to drive. It'd be a waste of money completely for me when I can get a week ticket for the bus for 10 quid. Like, here they're soon introducing congestion charges so to get from my house to city centre where I work [about 6 miles away] I'd have to pay around £30 to £40 a week just to get in and out of town. Then I'd have petrol, insurance, parking [my boss has to pay £10 a day :|], plus however much it'd cost for lessons and to take my test and in the end it's not gonna be worth it.

Variable

yeah, fuck all of that.  I love not driving.  I love how the whole world is freaking out about gas prices and it hasn't effected me one bit.  I say distance yourself from all this bull shit as much as possible until the world gets their shit together.

indychinoluv

They have crazy deals goign on here. If you spend over $150.00 you get 11cents off a littre, if you spend $15.00 in the shop you get $5.00 off your petrol bill. The fucked up thing is that the government takes 12.5% for GST (our govnerment tax) and then a huge section is taken by normal tax.

But, if the price of petrol is affecting everything, why hasn't the price of plastic changed?

Variable

indychinoluv

The nicest plasce on the planet. New Zealand!

Variable

do you have free health care in new zealand?  Or some other form of large government social program?

alvarezbassist17

it's like $3.89/gallon here, only cuz there's a refinery pretty close to here.

i like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algaculture#Algae_as_an_energy_source

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Last I checked, it was 4.39 here. Doesn't affect me though. Can't drive, you see.

Variable

you should get a hydrogen powered wheel chair.  that would be awesome.

goldpony

Quote from: Variable on Jun 27, 2008, 05:51 AM
you should get a hydrogen powered wheel chair.  that would be awesome.

LOL, i would have said just strap like 10 fire extinguishers to the back and release them all at once
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt