Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Wow these kids now adays!

Started by TheWatcher, Jun 06, 2008, 10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

Quote from: deafnotes on Jun 10, 2008, 06:47 AM
is it true white people raise their kids spoiled? lol in american you cant hit your kids. in the other country you can hit your kids

Well,I think you can't help but spoil your children,but they also need to learn how to appreciate what you do for them. I will admit my children are spoiled,but they are grateful for everything they have. When they have great behavior,I don't mind spoiling them. I am very proud of them.

goldpony

Quote from: devilinside on Jun 10, 2008, 02:34 PM
is it true white people raise their kids spoiled? lol in american you cant hit your kids. in the other country you can hit your kids

Well,I think you can't help but spoil your children,but they also need to learn how to appreciate what you do for them. I will admit my children are spoiled,but they are grateful for everything they have. When they have great behavior,I don't mind spoiling them. I am very proud of them.

i think spoiled is a bad term. if you buy your kids a toy, some people think you are spoiling them. being spoiled to me means not being grateful for the things you have and receive and not giving back in kind. in other words being selfish. for instance, since my daughter is the only grandchild, her grandparents buy her stuff all the time, even though she doesnt ask for it. but the funny thing is, she could care less about the material gifts and just likes to spend time with her grandparents
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

oldgentlovecraft

That's learned behavior from somewhere.  I wonder where he got it from.  He sounded like an abusive husband only with that whiny little boy edge to it.

Variable

Quote from: wither-I on Jun 07, 2008, 09:47 PM
Effective discipline "back in the day" produced what you see now... times change, its what happens... theres no break in the link/system...this so called "great generation(s)" did what?? created wars. thats what "nailec" is getting at i see...

"im tired of old men thinking up wars for young men to die in"-hunter s. thompson

the point is its a "society thing". kids see now adays that their parents only fall under the umbrella of society. the thing is; is that in today's society the level of exposure "internet, television, etc etc" to the rest of the "globalized world" has kids seeing their parents as "less than the world". when you speak of back in the day, your talking of a vastly different era where families were much more rural (less industrialized) and contact was limited, -therefore having the family system (reasons for spawning more children than nowadays) was to work the farm and affect the family system in a whole different way. parents in "those" days were much higher in position to their kids... parents were nurturers, teachers, disciplinarians (thanks variable), and most effectively they were "God" in a great sense., in this much more reclusive life style. the amount of exposure these days has kids unconciously seeking out this raw justice of "equal rights" and whatnot. its true, they hear of abuse and all these other domestic malfeasances' (formerly unknown as TABOO to them) and shun their parents authority. just as has already been said, its on television... its on the internet, its everywhere, and if they dont get it at home, they'll damn sure get it in school, the workplace, the playground, or wherever.... some kids trun out alright, but now when kids may be a little "individualistic"-which carries certain, and "different" character traits (like obsessive compulsive issues, and temper/mood differentials) SOCIETY accentuates these issues to greater degrees "than ever thought possible".

"We're in the midst of something new, and the old is all but lost as it dies out. Your dearly famed 'greatest generation' (product of two world wars and countless acts of cruel, pompous agression to Africans, Jews, and countless other racial minorities, The mentally retarded/the mentally ill, homosexuals, and all other things different (or rather unknown), is DYING.... And for fuck sake im glad.... this is the 'back in the day' you speak of, and many besides you, resent!"
Are you a fucking idiot?  The great generation that was being spoke of did not create any wars.  WW1 and WW2 had absolutely nothing to do with America.  That's why we had a delayed entrance into both wars.  Those generations wanted to avoid going to war, and only did so when they saw how bad things were getting.  Then they not only unified as a country ,changed American industry, and made great fanatical sacrifices to achieve a common goal ( victory )  But they also rebuilt the war torn countries that they went into to in order to show the world that they America ( as we are very different today) was not about war and imperialism.  They were a great generation, they accomplished a lot.  And they deserve respect.  Not to be belittled by some bum whose greatest life accomplishment will be doing the creature walk.

You cant hold it against this generation that society had not progressed beyond racism and hate towards certain life styles.  It takes a LONG time for Societies to be enlightened.  You can try to hold you head high and be smug about how progressive you are now.  But without them starting the movement one person at a time, little by little.  You would have never gotten there.  Its really, really sad to see people forget the great accomplishments of the past.  You think the country you were born into was this great over night?  Our founding fathers (men I consider to be some of the best in all of history) Owned slaves and called for war.  Should I write them off as racist war mongers?  Or should I try to understand the time and culture and see them for who they really are.  You really have no right at all to judge that generation.
Quote from: White Pwny on Jun 07, 2008, 04:01 PM
lolz @ back in the day.   There was abuse straight up "back in the day".... also, back in the day.. they had a ton of kids to do their work... Alot of their children didn't go to school as they were busy working, or babysitting the younger children.       

I am all for spankings.. if it's deserved....

I don't have to deal with this bullshit this kid pulls... with my children, as my kids mind me.... I don't have to deal with this because I don't tell my kids to shut up all fucking day long.   Some parents just don't want to deal with their kids, and it's a shame. 
Hey sinner, I hate to go against you.  But there is straight up abuse today too.  And just because parents actually disciplined their kids back then, did not make it abuse.  Sometimes kids need a paddle to their ass.  Other times you need to straight tell them the truth, that they are acting like total fucking morons.  There are obviously lines, obviously.  However many have backed way too far away from that line and have just become cushy. Not only are they raising brats.  But weak brats.  Useless members of society that I personally don't feel like carrying on my back.  I look at the results of that "abuse" "back in the day" and I would take that any day over the shit that we are producing today

Nailec

QuoteBut they also rebuilt the war torn countries that they went into to in order to show the world that they America ( as we are very different today) was not about war and imperialism.

i think this is the positive way to see this. you could also say they needed those countries ( i can only speak of western germany) as allies against russia.

in fact they did not very much for the denazification of germany which was a main reason for the 68 movement in germany.
there still have been old nazis in all institutions: schools, political parties etc. etc.

with what i have written, i just want you to see things a little bit differentiated.

White Pwny

There is a huge difference in what I meant Trey.   Yes, I am aware that there is abuse now... DUH.   But it was nothing back then for the parents to WHIP their kids asses on the fly...   I don't know if it was more helpful, or harmful.   I mean they raised what they thought were "good kids"  because they were "seen and not heard" .... but how many of you have OLD relatives that were alcoholics and such.   I know you know about me being a mom and you have talked to my children.  My point was, I would not even WANT to raise MY kids like they did "in the old days"....   and it's silly for anyone to talk about it even, as everything has changed around us.      I love for my kids to tell me what they think about things... I love that they feel they can talk to me.    I don't agree with the "See and not hear" approach.    You have to be able to listen to your children, and they need to respect and listen to you.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Fireal1222

ok if i was dr. phil. heres what id say

you are both terrible actors. how do i keep my show

but. if this actually was real. id say this

listen miss. your son is a tubbo. he has never gotten any play from any of the ladies his entire life. and that is why he is on complete edge.. you ma'am are past your years of getting any play from the boys. so your personality has become as clamped up as your vag

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I_zaef2ZFUc

these parents are fucking retards man. its actually making me angry.. im on the kids side just by how dumb the parents are acting with the cameras on..

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

White Pwny

Dude, the kid is like 11.   I don't quite think he's quite old enough to be getting "play" and highly doubt that's why he's on edge.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Fireal1222

we are overthinking this anyway. ITS FAKE

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

devilinside

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 11, 2008, 12:22 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=I_zaef2ZFUc

these parents are fucking retards man. its actually making me angry.. im on the kids side just by how dumb the parents are acting with the cameras on..

I'm not even gonna watch it cause i'm sure it will make my headache worse.... And I hate Dr Phil. You'd be amazed at all the fucked up parents in the world. there are very few of us "cool" parents.

Fireal1222

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

wither-I

Quote from: Variable on Jun 10, 2008, 09:31 PM
Quote from: wither-I on Jun 07, 2008, 09:47 PM
Effective discipline "back in the day" produced what you see now... times change, its what happens... theres no break in the link/system...this so called "great generation(s)" did what?? created wars. thats what "nailec" is getting at i see...

"im tired of old men thinking up wars for young men to die in"-hunter s. thompson

the point is its a "society thing". kids see now adays that their parents only fall under the umbrella of society. the thing is; is that in today's society the level of exposure "internet, television, etc etc" to the rest of the "globalized world" has kids seeing their parents as "less than the world". when you speak of back in the day, your talking of a vastly different era where families were much more rural (less industrialized) and contact was limited, -therefore having the family system (reasons for spawning more children than nowadays) was to work the farm and affect the family system in a whole different way. parents in "those" days were much higher in position to their kids... parents were nurturers, teachers, disciplinarians (thanks variable), and most effectively they were "God" in a great sense., in this much more reclusive life style. the amount of exposure these days has kids unconciously seeking out this raw justice of "equal rights" and whatnot. its true, they hear of abuse and all these other domestic malfeasances' (formerly unknown as TABOO to them) and shun their parents authority. just as has already been said, its on television... its on the internet, its everywhere, and if they dont get it at home, they'll damn sure get it in school, the workplace, the playground, or wherever.... some kids trun out alright, but now when kids may be a little "individualistic"-which carries certain, and "different" character traits (like obsessive compulsive issues, and temper/mood differentials) SOCIETY accentuates these issues to greater degrees "than ever thought possible".

"We're in the midst of something new, and the old is all but lost as it dies out. Your dearly famed 'greatest generation' (product of two world wars and countless acts of cruel, pompous agression to Africans, Jews, and countless other racial minorities, The mentally retarded/the mentally ill, homosexuals, and all other things different (or rather unknown), is DYING.... And for fuck sake im glad.... this is the 'back in the day' you speak of, and many besides you, resent!"
Are you a fucking idiot?  The great generation that was being spoke of did not create any wars.  WW1 and WW2 had absolutely nothing to do with America.  That’s why we had a delayed entrance into both wars.  Those generations wanted to avoid going to war, and only did so when they saw how bad things were getting.  Then they not only unified as a country ,changed American industry, and made great fanatical sacrifices to achieve a common goal ( victory )  But they also rebuilt the war torn countries that they went into to in order to show the world that they America ( as we are very different today) was not about war and imperialism.  They were a great generation, they accomplished a lot.  And they deserve respect.  Not to be belittled by some bum whose greatest life accomplishment will be doing the creature walk.

You cant hold it against this generation that society had not progressed beyond racism and hate towards certain life styles.  It takes a LONG time for Societies to be enlightened.  You can try to hold you head high and be smug about how progressive you are now.  But without them starting the movement one person at a time, little by little.  You would have never gotten there.  Its really, really sad to see people forget the great accomplishments of the past.  You think the country you were born into was this great over night?  Our founding fathers (men I consider to be some of the best in all of history) Owned slaves and called for war.  Should I write them off as racist war mongers?  Or should I try to understand the time and culture and see them for who they really are.  You really have no right at all to judge that generation.
my bad dude... i guess i didnt spell it out... i meant "the greatest generation" refering to the period between and/or during the two world wars, I and II... (not sure the exact period when they consider the greatest generation to have been wrought)...not meaning that they created them.

they created vietnam.

and i dont think i live in a "great" place at all (refering to America). freedom (true freedom) is ellusive around the world entire...
all we can do is hope for different. im sorry i just cannot condone any form of opression or violence, whether you see it as conventional and necessary means for instating security or not... i stand for true peace with no exception... i could never kill a man, ever, for no reason, id rather be done.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Variable

That is easy for you to say because you have not grown up in a world that forced you to be violent.  If you were a Jew, and the Nazis were coming.  And the only hope of survival for you and your family were to kill the two boys coming for you.  Ill bet you would kill in a second and get your family to freedom.  Your ideas of war are obviously sculpted around Vietnam and Operation Iraqi Freedom.  Two very unpopular wars that most people found unnecessary.  I dont really care what your opinion of those wars is.  But what is important to remember is that SOMETIMES, war is necessary.  Sometimes fighting is the right thing to do.  And when it was the right thing to do, that generation stood up and sacrificed a lot to do it.  Its fucking sick that anyone would forget what they did and even condemn them for what they did.  You think I like the fact that all those boys died?  Who knows how many more FDRs and Ben Franklins our country could have seen without all that death.  But they stood up and did what was right,because it was right.  Sitting back and doing nothing but preaching peace would have been a horrible tragedy and waste of time.  But you need to remember Its easy to try and think you are progressive and take the high road on this peace bull shit.  But thats just because you are afforded that luxury because of the great life you live due to the country that those "war mongers" created for you.  Try paying attention to history so that you can remember where you actually came from, and how bad it could be.  And stop speaking with absolutes.  Anyone who deals with absolutes is a moron. 

And you're right about the "Greatest generation" being the WW2 era of men and women.  And you can say they created Vietnam.  But you might take a look at French imperialism before you say that(sorry tarkil).  You might also try to truly understand the genuine fear and concern that america felt due to the spread of communism ( refrence Koirea, the violence of the soviet union.....and just for fun,watch "red dawn" ........people were genuinly scared for the survival of democracy.)  You might also want to remember that generation raised the generation that fought the cold war.  Cold because there was not a shot fired.  Sounds like your kind of war.  But go on and forget the great accomplishments of these men and women.  Thats a much more intelligent approach.
Quote from: Nailec on Jun 10, 2008, 10:01 PM
QuoteBut they also rebuilt the war torn countries that they went into to in order to show the world that they America ( as we are very different today) was not about war and imperialism.

i think this is the positive way to see this. you could also say they needed those countries ( i can only speak of western germany) as allies against russia.

in fact they did not very much for the denazification of germany which was a main reason for the 68 movement in germany.
there still have been old nazis in all institutions: schools, political parties etc. etc.

with what i have written, i just want you to see things a little bit differentiated.

Well you could say that.  But seeing as how they rebuilt japan but would not allow them to have a military ( to this very day) I dont quite think you're on the right track.  Im not saying that the government was not thinking of powerful allies and the possibility of the economic gain that can be obtained from building up countries.  But is it really that hard to believe that the average joe American supported their governments decision just because they were sick and tired of seeing the world torn apart and in agony? 

wither-I

Quote from: Variable on Jun 12, 2008, 12:42 AM
That is easy for you to say because you have not grown up in a world that forced you to be violent. 

But what is important to remember is that SOMETIMES, war is necessary.  Sometimes fighting is the right thing to do. 

Who knows how many more FDRs and Ben Franklins our country could have seen without all that death.  

Sitting back and doing nothing but preaching peace would have been a horrible tragedy and waste of time.  But you need to remember Its easy to try and think you are progressive and take the high road on this peace bull shit.  But thats just because you are afforded that luxury because of the great life you live due to the country that those "war mongers" created for you.  Try paying attention to history so that you can remember where you actually came from, and how bad it could be.  And stop speaking with absolutes.  Anyone who deals with absolutes is a moron. 

You obviously have no earthly idea who i am, and much less the life i have lived. you know the greatest deal of nothing concerning my life whatsoever. im going to fail to tell you as well. you believe i am just some rich, novelty kid off the park bench who doesnt know nothing of who i am and where i came from (history which made me)... that i seemingly fell to my convictions because im so "progressive" in my little collegiate funhouse.... i can only spare to you, your pretentious and volatile "ASSUMPTIONS" of who "I" am...

keep dreaming that you "know"

im sure of knowing i have never known anything at all.

if war is necessary to you, i have empathy for your kind.
"there CAN be another way." i sense you just fall shy of the idea of peace because it seems impossible, and therefor you less than hesitate to deem the this life to a "thats how it is..." brand of thinking....this thinking in itself is throwing your hands up, surrendering and letting the greater forces of "common bad" (power) deal you your official hand. beyond your personal sacrifices...

i can understand ben franklin-he was a great thinker, but FDR...? dont play yourself. FDR had the great Huey P. Long assasinated cause he was afraid. you know, "meat=mondays" and "wheat wednesdays", huey p. instated this policy...
"a chicken in every pot!"

and the ideas you proposed, of "peace=bull shit and wasting time, and absolute being moronic"... i can only see these things holding weight in absolutism. in-fact waht you are saying is an "absolute" way of looking at life, there is "this" way, and there is "that" way. you must kill or be killed. its formulated and suicidal. all i can hope for you variable is that you may live your life to the fullest possible and stay away from "isms" because they are not the solution, they are the confinement and containment of the problem. if you or i could want, honestly want and desire true freedom and love and peace day in and day out without succumbing to "real-worldly inhibitions" we may affect greater goods in people, and maybe, just maybe, with all of our unfailing hope and relentless passion we can defeat our only true enemy, -FEAR of one another. we all derive from that singularity as far back as we can count and that we are all related to one another biologically, and all related to the earth chemically, and all related to the universe anatomically... this is enough to make me smile and hold to my convictions of -"life as the only utility"...

"all we are saying, is give peace a chance".... if we dont we may just miss our chance...

Variable

I really dont need to know a thing about you to say that dealing in absolutes  is moronic.  I dont need to know a thing about anyone who says they would rather lay down and die and let their children and wife be raped than pick up a weapon and defend themselves.  These idealistic idiotic statements speak for themselves.

Im not cold man.  I think that a peaceful world where we could all live in peace and prosperity would be beautiful.  I dont think its realistic.  I think life will always fight itself.  But I can see in theory how it is possible.  However just like womens sufferage and the end of slavery ( not just in america ) the formationm of democracy and many other great  progressive movements of history.  These  things take many, many years of small progress before the possibility even presents itself.  So to look back at the generation of WW2 and say they were stupid ignorant war mongers that dont deserve respect, is just ignorant.  Plain and simple

wither-I

Quote from: Variable on Jun 12, 2008, 03:13 AM
who says they would rather lay down and die and let their children and wife be raped than pick up a weapon and defend themselves. 
NEVER said this. NOT ONCE.
sorry didnt think of the whole wife getting raped, and my children/ family, whomever being personally attacked. i meant abruptly to kill. to kill because i am told to kill. mostly never putting myself in the "position to have to make a choice like this" -----> [WAR]
and my family has been attacked before and myself. my brother was murdered 4 years ago, so dont think i havent run this shit through my fucking head a thousand times over man! you DONT know who the fuck i am!

you need to come up with new arguments... you keep spelling out the same thing over and over and over again...
Quote from: Variable on Jun 10, 2008, 09:31 PM

Quote from: Variable on Jun 12, 2008, 12:42 AM
But thats just because you are afforded that luxury because of the great life you live due to the country that those "war mongers" created for you.  Try paying attention to history so that you can remember where you actually came from, and how bad it could be.   
I really dont need to know a thing about you to say that dealing in absolutes  is moronic.
the formationm of democracy and many other great  progressive movements of history.  These  things take many, many years of small progress before the possibility even presents itself.  So to look back at the generation of WW2 and say they were stupid ignorant war mongers that dont deserve respect, is just ignorant.  Plain and simple
i mean are you serious? you keep bringing up the absolute ideal thing when thinking in general (most notably how you do of good and evil, kill or be killed) is absolute. as long as there resides a "bounds" or a "goal" or even "hope". anything in aspiration to "means of achieving an ends" is an absolute way of thinking... shit, "winning a war"... i mean you can go on and play footsie around your war mantra of patriotism and idealism, but your missing the point because you have no defense to offer, rather you take "assumed" personal attacks, contorting my words to fit your passage. let me know when you come up with some real valuable art. some creative thinking. because TRUST ME ive thought all these ideologies, mine, yours, and others times over and the greatest offering is love. and this is what i believe because affection seems all but absolute. keep trying to break apart my words to "find meaning for the objection" and all you will end up with is this narrow vision of yours, and fear that bad things will always mark your world. i hope you come back from that god awful servant system you are ployed in across the world, and i hope you will find love and maybe someday we will reconcile the differeneces of "words".. progress the argument, laundry is quotes behind.

deafnotes

Quote from: goldpony on Jun 10, 2008, 08:11 PM
Quote from: devilinside on Jun 10, 2008, 02:34 PM

i think spoiled is a bad term. if you buy your kids a toy, some people think you are spoiling them. being spoiled to me means not being grateful for the things you have and receive and not giving back in kind. in other words being selfish. for instance, since my daughter is the only grandchild, her grandparents buy her stuff all the time, even though she doesnt ask for it. but the funny thing is, she could care less about the material gifts and just likes to spend time with her grandparents

in america & canada it seems like the parents are scared of their kids.

hulk hogan's son is an example of a rich spoiled kid?

Variable

Quote from: wither-I on Jun 12, 2008, 04:03 AM
who says they would rather lay down and die and let their children and wife be raped than pick up a weapon and defend themselves. 
NEVER said this. NOT ONCE.
ooooooooooooooook buddy lets take a look back here.....ah yeah, there it is
Quote from: wither-I on Jun 11, 2008, 05:54 AM
i stand for true peace with no exception... i could never kill a man, ever, for no reason, id rather be done.
NO EXCEPTION.  You could NEVER kill a man EVER for ANY ( well you should have said any instead of no) reason.  You would rather die than resort to violence because you stand for TRUE PEACE with NO exception. 

That statement right there means that I can come up with any scenario I want, and you would still not turn to violence.  Thats why I called you a moron who deals in absolutes.  And now you are a contradicting moron who deals in absolutes.  Congratulations