Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The MARVEL Thread

Started by bright lights, big city, Jun 16, 2008, 03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nailec

;)

now look how you put your finger on something that is a little bit outside the box.

i would not support my own thesis there (ok i dont know. i just typed it and didnt thought about it) but you have to agree that concepts of super heroes are pretty dull and also pretty old (herakles, odysseus etc. etc.)

marvel did just update this concept and made it attractive for us boys and our secret wish to be just like captain america and co.

i must admit. they also cought me but plz dont overrate it.

its entertainment.

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 17, 2008, 11:39 PM
cool so no one ever enjoyed the spiderman series or x-men series in the 90s. pussies havent even lived then...

I do, they are great and those are the only good series worth recording on Disney channel LOL
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Deftones-88-05-Deftones on Jun 21, 2008, 07:08 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 17, 2008, 11:39 PM
cool so no one ever enjoyed the spiderman series or x-men series in the 90s. pussies havent even lived then...

I do, they are great and those are the only good series worth recording on Disney channel LOL
so damn true man haha
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Variable

Quote from: Nailec on Jun 21, 2008, 04:35 PM
fascist shit.

its all about the unconscious wish to have a leader who rescues us all.
it keeps our own mind weak as our wish to be free people is fullfilled in comics and movies, so we dont need to go out on the streets and demonstrate against the real evil.
I would say that it feeds more on the fantasy of losers who wish to be great.  Most comics have someone who is only ordinary and then by doing absolutely nothing they become great ( IE a spider bite. ) OR they just wake up one day to find out they were born "special." so pretty much the creators of comics found a way to tap into a guaranteed fan base.  Fat lazy geeks who resent life because they suck so bad.  So they read comics and watch movies about super heroes in order to feed their fantasy that some day they may be great.

I dont think it has anything to do with these people wanting to be rescued, I think it is their final thread of hope that someday they wont have to pay for sex.

Nailec

Quote from: Variable on Jun 22, 2008, 08:25 AM
fascist shit.

it keeps our own mind weak as our wish to be free people is fullfilled in comics and movies, so we dont need to go out on the streets and demonstrate against the real evil.
I would say that it feeds more on the fantasy of losers who wish to be great.  Most comics have someone who is only ordinary and then by doing absolutely nothing they become great ( IE a spider bite. ) OR they just wake up one day to find out they were born "special." so pretty much the creators of comics found a way to tap into a guaranteed fan base.  Fat lazy geeks who resent life because they suck so bad.  So they read comics and watch movies about super heroes in order to feed their fantasy that some day they may be great.

I dont think it has anything to do with these people wanting to be rescued, I think it is their final thread of hope that someday they wont have to pay for sex.

made my day

devlin

fascist shit.

lol interesting theories. i think your reading a bit to much into this. like nailec said its entertainment and nothing more. at least to me.

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Quote from: devlin on Jun 22, 2008, 10:59 AM
fascist shit.

lol interesting theories. i think your reading a bit to much into this. like nailec said its entertainment and nothing more. at least to me.

And no to mention that this is coming from a retard who loved the movie Hotrod
LOL
Pathetic
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

Variable

Quote from: Nailec on Jun 22, 2008, 10:57 AM
fascist shit.

made my day
;)
fascist shit.

right.  But its also a pay check to a lot of people.  and they know how to guarantee their audience.  Also for others its a passion.  Because they too are genetically weak geeks who fantasize about being great some day.  It is their release.
Quote from: Deftones-88-05-Deftones on Jun 22, 2008, 06:55 PM
fascist shit.

LOL
Pathetic
Yeah whatever my taste in stupid comedies has to do with you being a lard ass loser.  It totally made sense to bring up hot rod in this topic ::)

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Quote from: Variable on Jun 22, 2008, 09:20 PM
Quote from: Nailec on Jun 22, 2008, 10:57 AM
fascist shit.

made my day
;)
fascist shit.

right.  But its also a pay check to a lot of people.  and they know how to guarantee their audience.  Also for others its a passion.  Because they too are genetically weak geeks who fantasize about being great some day.  It is their release.
Quote from: Deftones-88-05-Deftones on Jun 22, 2008, 06:55 PM
fascist shit.

LOL
Pathetic
Yeah whatever my taste in stupid comedies has to do with you being a lard ass loser.  It totally made sense to bring up hot rod in this topic ::)

Pathetic and worthless reply (Yawns) I think I've told you already use a gun like in your avatar and kill yourself ;)

P.s: Keep on replying retard maybe you will win a medal of the special olympics ;)

Variable

yeeeeah ok

So I saw the Hulk tonight.  Not bad.  I never saw the first Hulk, but I heard it was pretty horrible.  I dont know a thing about "the Avengers" But if they Get Edward Norton and Robert Downey JR on the screen together, its going to be really cool.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Variable on Jun 23, 2008, 12:49 PM
yeeeeah ok

So I saw the Hulk tonight.  Not bad.  I never saw the first Hulk, but I heard it was pretty horrible.  I dont know a thing about "the Avengers" But if they Get Edward Norton and Robert Downey JR on the screen together, its going to be really cool.
yeah it'll be pure magic
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

new Punisher movie trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qttbpPvOwI

it looks pretty good, but I doubt marvel can go 3 for 3 with movies in 2008.
DERP

rainnyx4

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 09, 2008, 05:14 AM
new Punisher movie trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qttbpPvOwI

it looks pretty good, but I doubt marvel can go 3 for 3 with movies in 2008.

Punisher has got to be the easiest comic book to adapt to film and yet they've failed twice with it.  I'm not hopeful for the third try.

bright lights, big city

yeah true but i do enjoy the occasional mindless action, so part of me just hopes they get that right.
plus it's got one guy from The Wire who is an excellent actor, and another guy from Rome on HBO who was pretty badass. im crossin my fingers
DERP

goldpony

i dont care what you guys say, the first punisher was awesome. an excellent b movie. the second was pure shite though.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

uh, that trailer looked like shit.  It looked like a bunch of cheezy one liners followed by cliche action scenes that have been done 1,000 times before.  Kind of like bad boys without the jokes.

"god help you Frank"
"sometimes I would like to get my hands on god"

are you fucking kidding me?

oldgentlovecraft

I thought it looked good but they definitely should move away from all of the Hollywood cliches for once.  What were the other two so I don't get confused on which one I've seen?

bright lights, big city

there was an older one wasnt there? then there was one with Travolta and Thomas Jane a couple years ago that was pretty mediocore
DERP

rainnyx4

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jul 10, 2008, 05:00 PM
I thought it looked good but they definitely should move away from all of the Hollywood cliches for once.  What were the other two so I don't get confused on which one I've seen?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AHt50NsJgwM

Punisher was essentially Marvel's answer to Batman.  They have nearly identical stories and flavor.  There's no reason why that there can be awesome Batman movies and not good Punisher movies.  It's pure Hollywood bullshit.

goldpony

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jul 10, 2008, 05:00 PM

the older one had dolph lundgren as the punisher. i thought it was pretty good for a low budget b flick
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt