Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Urban Military Training In Denver, CO

Started by Oldnewtype, Jun 19, 2008, 06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indychinoluv

Variable

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 20, 2008, 04:27 PM
i said that to add more power to my post

but u told me to come up with a plan that would better the government. and i came up with one

spend that 12 billion dollars on people who really need it

i wonder why we are in an economic crisis though. its shocking. our government only spent over a trillion dollars on the war.. thats not me just joking around either. thats a fact. over one TRILLION dollars on the war.. but i really have no idea why our economy is in recession

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 20, 2008, 05:00 PM
read my first post

i said we should spend the money for anyone in need on the PLANET. not just the usa. i gave starving people in our own country as an example..

another example for variable on what the government could do to better itself. is help change the schooling systems..

So you said something, that you do not really believe to be true just to add some sort of lame shock value on a post?  Ok.  Believe it or not, that did not make you sound intelligent at all.

And I told you to map out a plan.  Not make general statements.  give me the logistics.  how is this going to happen?  Pretend that you are president and I am the secretary of state and you decided that in July 2008 you are going to spend an additional 12 billion ( as we already give out shit loads ) in foreign aid.  Give me the orders chief so that I can make this happen.  How will we distribute the money?  will it be in the form of money or food, medicine, clothes, water?  what will it be?  how will we make sure it gets to the people and not the corrupt leaders who are allowing their citizens to rot?  How do we decide what is a fair distribution?  IE a starving grown man in Ethiopia VS a starving child in South America?  How will we transport our aid?  Surly not with the Nazi Navy of our government?  What is the Risk VS benefit factor of putting our citizens in harms way to feed the world?  Will you step up and go into harms way to deliver this aid to these people since you feel so strongly about it?  Where will we purchase all of this food from?  Will it meet all cultural and ethnic criteria ( IE The Dietary laws of muslim countries ) ..............how exactly is this going to happen?
same with "fixing" the education system.  how are we going to do that?  Map out your brilliant plan.  dont be a politician promising change here and change there , change you can believe in.  then give no fucking explanation for what or how anything will change.  I dont give a shit if war and world hunger worry you.  I want to know how you are going to fix it.  And if you dont know, then shut your fucking mouth.

here is an idea.  If it really matters to you, that people are starving in america.  Go find one.  just one, and adopt them. Dont throw money at them or buy them cheeseburgers.  Help them.  The whole "give a man a fish........Teach a man to fish" bit.  It has been proven time and time again that poverty has nothing to do with a financial or economic status.  it is a mind set.  A mind set of, I have nothing in life therefore when I do get something I have to use it as quick as possible before I lose it.  You could spend 12 billion on helping these people one month, and they would be starving again the next.  If you went and found one person and took them under your wing and helped them get on their feet and taught them how to save and be financially responsible.  You would do more than that 12 billion would.  And it would only take a couple hundred of thousand people in america to do this.  but people are lazy.  The government should do it this and the government should do it that.  Mean while you sleep 14 hours a day, are high for the entire time you are awake.  And spend more money on video games than you do helping you community.  At least those of us in this evil government are doing what we believe in.  Wether you agree or not.  I believe in the war on terror, so I went and put my boots on the ground and fought it, probably will again very soon.  You are just a shit talking fool who cant back up a word of what he says.  But hey , at least you added power to your post by calling me a nazi ::)

Fireal1222

from the 5 or 6 sentences i read out of that. i agreed with what you said. its easy to sit around and say how everything can be changed. but at the same time there is not nearly enough effort or emphasis on anything anymore

ill give you an example that we can both understand

we ( in america ) basically live our lives like we aren't a country at war. the only people it affects are those with family members who friends who are serving . everyone else is living day to day the exact same way. its a shame too.

all im saying is its like our government wants people to forget almost. that we are at war.. most of the news channels are a joke. talking about britney spears. or who can hold there breath under water the longest

i honestly feel like the end of the world is coming.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

this thread in itself is scary.. the idea of a modern day doomsday

all im saying. is that bush initial intention to go to war was to get the weapons of mass destruction. its like the whole thing was bullshit from the start..

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 21, 2008, 04:08 AM
this thread in itself is scary.. the idea of a modern day doomsday

all im saying. is that bush initial intention to go to war was to get the weapons of mass destruction. its like the whole thing was bullshit from the start..
well yeah
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Fireal1222

i still cant believe i called our soldiers nazis. im sorry man... haha

nazi officer uniforms were the shit.. i love world war II history. its always been my favorite era

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

untz untz untz

Who reads any of this shit that people post?

lithium

💩

Variable

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 21, 2008, 04:06 AM
from the 5 or 6 sentences i read out of that. i agreed with what you said. its easy to sit around and say how everything can be changed. but at the same time there is not nearly enough effort or emphasis on anything anymore

ill give you an example that we can both understand

we ( in america ) basically live our lives like we aren't a country at war. the only people it affects are those with family members who friends who are serving . everyone else is living day to day the exact same way. its a shame too.

all im saying is its like our government wants people to forget almost. that we are at war.. most of the news channels are a joke. talking about britney spears. or who can hold there breath under water the longest

i honestly feel like the end of the world is coming.
you should try reading more.  Reading is how you become educated and actually know what you are talking about.

You're right.  Our country is not at war.  Our military is.  I quoted that from an article I read in the "quote of the day" topic.  With that being true.  It baffles me that people feel so strongly about pulling out.  Their total lack of regard for victory and mission accomplishment would make you think they had cross hairs on their foreheads every day.  But to those of us who actually go and do the job.  Victory is important.  I dont really care how justified or unjustified our original reasons for going to Iraq was.  The fact of the matter is that we took that step, and now we need to finish it and do it properly.  The world could remember this as a huge act of tyranny when one US president declared war on another country for his personal gain.  Or the world could remember this as the event that started the movement of democracy in the middle east.  Which would you rather have?  I wish people would stop worrying about the past and start worrying about the future.  Hang Bush out to dry AFTER we have secured our position in the world.

and yes, Nazi military uniforms were the shit.

Jerry_Curls

But the thing is, it never end. We STAY there. Spending money on keeping our military/navy/army in other countries. Why do they have to stay there if problem is "resolved". It never gets resolved. Why are we still in Korea. Or Japan? Do they have their military here? IF we don't bring them the troops back to protect THIS country and not others, then we will be more safe. Yet, the country's protection will be taken advantage of by the government/FEMA/blackwater army/THUGS. We have let OUR rights go to shit while we try and give other countries our rights. WTF. They need to figure their own shit out. Bring the troops home and the money stays home.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Variable

ok smart kid.  Japan does not have its military in the US because Japan has no military.  Part of the surrender from WW2.  So we agreed to re build japan ( which we did a very good job of ) and keep our military here for the countries protection.
In a very closely related matter we are still in South Korea because North Korea is still a very unstable dictatorship.  We helped South Korea retain its independence from communist china and north Korea and we swore to see it through.  And we have.  The south Koreans are not in the US because they have enough problems right there on their northern borders.  We are already there to help them because they do not have sufficient troops, so how would it make any sense for them to move troops to America? 
Also the forces on Okinawa are here in case something pops off with North Korea.  Every year the plan is revised for if North Korea tries to go back into South Korea.  We just have some troops in Guam, Okinawa, Main land Japan, and South Korea because we listened real good when our moms told us not to put all of our eggs in one basket.  And its not like either of these places are combat zones.  So calm down.  If Iraq resembles these countries in 40 years, our presence there will have been a HUGE success.

so there's the first sign that you have no idea what you are talking about.

the 2nd is that you called issues in Iraq "resolved" things are far from stable in Iraq.  I know americans are used to a fast food lifestyle where they get everything right when they want it.  But believe it or not you cant take a culture of tyranny and corruption and turn it into a peaceful democracy over night.  It takes a lot of time.  And anyone who actually is paying attention would know that huge progress has been made in that direction.  but issues in Iraq are still not "resolved." 

The third sign that you have no idea what you are talking about would be the rest of that incoherent rant.  I hardly see how the "government" ( a hugely broad term ) "FEMA" ( part of that huge broad term you already used) and "blackwater" ( seriously, WTF are you talking about?) are taking advantage of our "protection" but maybe you can elaborate.

And there was a point in time when we "figure their own shit out"  Then Saddam invaded Kuait.  And then repeatedly violated UN resolutions made upon his surrender.  Everything from there on is your own opinion, but that much remains fact.
Afghanistan was also left alone to "figure their own shit out"  then the Taliban allowed Bin Laden to plan the 911 attacks and be a safe haven for terrorist.  Believe me, the country is much better off today.

indychinoluv

Fireal1222

variable is right.. most people dont know what they are talking about as far as the war goes

but most people arent for the idea of killing or taking over. to spread peace

war is never an answer if u ask me.. unless u absolutely have too. and our country didnt have to go to war except to help during world war II.. besides that. it seems like we have went to war. just to go to war

the planet is really backwards.. thats the point everyone is trying to make variable

and there seems to be no solution to all this chaos in sight

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Variable

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 22, 2008, 07:27 PM
variable is right.. most people dont know what they are talking about as far as the war goes

but most people arent for the idea of killing or taking over. to spread peace

war is never an answer if u ask me.. unless u absolutely have too. and our country didnt have to go to war except to help during world war II.. besides that. it seems like we have went to war. just to go to war

the planet is really backwards.. thats the point everyone is trying to make variable

and there seems to be no solution to all this chaos in sight
I understand a lot of those things.  I too think we entered the war in Iraq was too quickly.  I think the war in Afghanistan was a good and necessary response.  And I also dont believe for one second that we are "taking over" to spread peace.  But obviously we are shedding some blood.

I think other wars in American history where "necessary" besides WW2.  But we dont need to get into that now.

I agree that a lot of things in the planet seem backwards.  The world will probably always be backwards to some extent.  But as far as a solution to chaos goes.  We might as well stay and get the job done right.  Allot the people of Iraq and Afghanistan the same rights that we all hold to be self evident.  Give them the opportunity to have the same level of police and military security that we do.  It seems more backwards to me that we would turn our backs on these people and let them live in the midst of tyranny and misery while we all live in opulence and freedom.  The French helped us gain our Independence, why shouldn't we help others gain theirs?

Variable

Quote from: indychinoluv on Jun 22, 2008, 07:23 PM
Fuck, you type heaps.
well yeah, at the beginning of my rant I stated that I hate when people make me get all preachy because of their nonsense.

wither-I

im in taiwan right now. these people are so tender and beautiful and poor. makes me wonder how america breeds assholes so well...

just a thought, no pun intended

"coming into the nearness of distance"

cyppe101

Trey, you are "teh shit" in this thread.. As a fellow man who has been in the army, I appreciate you, you're out there away from home in the fucking war. I give you shit fucking loads of respect from that. Peace.

tarkil

Quote from: wither-I on Jun 22, 2008, 11:57 PM
im in taiwan right now. these people are so tender and beautiful and poor. makes me wonder how america breeds assholes so well...

Say hi to the ladies there for me....

And be sure to check out a club called Luxy, it kicks major ass.... ;)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

wither-I

Quote from: tarkil on Jun 23, 2008, 07:03 AM

where is it in taiwan?

"coming into the nearness of distance"

tarkil

Quote from: wither-I on Jun 23, 2008, 07:37 AM
Quote from: tarkil on Jun 23, 2008, 07:03 AM

where is it in taiwan?

Taipei

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.