Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

i need some help with buying a camera

Started by TheWatcher, Jun 21, 2008, 12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWatcher

some of you know that next friday ill be going to a live show to see my fav band

i wanna remember it by buying a camera... i was just wonder which brand or which kind would be the best to get...

i want a point and shoot camera

help a brother out  ;)

TheWatcher

ps.

i want one that takes really good "clear" pictures

devilinside

Canon Powershot
Sony Cybershot
Nikon Coolpix
Fuji Finepix
Minolta Dimage

Now,depending on how much you wanna spend I can go into more detail.

devilinside

Quote from: TheWatcher on Jun 21, 2008, 12:35 AM
ps.

i want one that takes really good "clear" pictures

Keep in mind,you will be at a show...smoke,low lighting and camera shake (from people in the crowd) are always major factors in the clearness of pictures.  If you use a low ISO and no flash,the pictures will be grainy somewhat with a point and shoot,and if you use a flash you often get spots.

TheWatcher

Quote from: devilinside on Jun 21, 2008, 12:38 AM
Canon Powershot
Sony Cybershot
Nikon Coolpix
Fuji Finepix
Minolta Dimage

Now,depending on how much you wanna spend I can go into more detail.

the most i wanna spend is 350.00

devilinside

Any of the Canon Powershots would be good,I recommend the Canon PowerShot A650IS 12.1MP Digital Camera with 6x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom or the Canon PowerShot SD1100IS 8MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom . (look on Amazon.com) The Image Stabilization cuts down camera shake TREMENDOUSLY!   

As far as Sony's, the Sony Cybershot DSCW130/B 8.1MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom with Super Steady Shot is good and slim. YOu dont want a big bulky camera at a show.

I would just avoid a Kodak Easyshare. I had one of those and it was a piece of shit.

TheWatcher

Quote from: devilinside on Jun 21, 2008, 12:51 AM
Any of the Canon Powershots would be good,I recommend the Canon PowerShot A650IS 12.1MP Digital Camera with 6x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom or the Canon PowerShot SD1100IS 8MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom . (look on Amazon.com) The Image Stabilization cuts down camera shake TREMENDOUSLY!  

As far as Sony's, the Sony Cybershot DSCW130/B 8.1MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom with Super Steady Shot is good and slim. YOu dont want a big bulky camera at a show.

I would just avoid a Kodak Easyshare. I had one of those and it was a piece of shit.

thanks!

ill be look at these right now

TheWatcher

Canon PowerShot SD1100IS 8MP what does MP stand for?

devilinside

Megapixels. Dont have time to explain right now,but this will help ya.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megapixel#Megapixel

The higher the better,IF you're gonna have the picture blown up really big. But for regular 4x5,5x7 or 8x10 4mp and up is fine.