Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

obama

Started by Nailec, Jun 26, 2008, 02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

yeah.  Or maybe obama is the antichrist.  I guess only time will tell.

White Pwny

Nah, he can't be the Antichrist.   Sylvia Browne said the Antichrist was to be born 2005 or 2006 in Syria.... and around 2030 we will see his rise...  Even tho I think it's complete bullshit...    She actually said it.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Variable

yeah.  there have been a lot of people who have said really stupid things like that.  I dont know why they would want to go down in history is wrong.  But thats their choice. 

samson simpson

who are voting variable

Variable

im voting for myself.  I would make a grand president

samson simpson

mrs_swa

Quote from: Variable on Jul 31, 2008, 01:57 AM
im voting for myself.  I would make a grand president

Oh God...that would be interesting.
...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

Variable

well, i think I would make a good president anyways.

goldpony

Quote from: Variable on Jul 31, 2008, 07:08 AM
well, i think I would make a good president anyways...

...for me to poop on
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

White Pwny

Quote from: goldpony on Jul 31, 2008, 09:20 PM

...for me to poop on

Yer into that kind of stuff, eh?

goldpony

not really, but i couldn't resist the set up :)

"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

White Pwny

mr.sinister

Yeah this is my first year voting, I am leaning more towards Obama. At first I was Ron Paul man and I was excited that he was getting so much recognition and then it all went to hell. Sigh. :'(

theis

apparently the US has 57 states. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

hehehe.

wither-I

this one made me smile :)

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Variable

Quote from: goldpony on Jul 31, 2008, 09:20 PM

...for me to poop on
ohhhh some conan humor nice.  I truly did walk right into that one.
Quote from: wither-I on Aug 01, 2008, 04:17 AM
this one made me smile :)
you smiled because deep down you know you would tell all your friends you were voting for the other guy.  But in reality you would really vote for me.  Its cool man, I wont tell. 

ben

if you think that death is the worst penalty a man can receive, you're sadly mistaken. 

But ugh Obama and his faith-based initiatives.....we'll see if he CHANGES stuff because if he CHANGES stuff he'll have the same fate as the ones who CHANGED stuff before him...Lincoln and JFK.

Variable

Lol, what did JFK ever change?  And Lincoln's greatest act as president was the preservation of the union.  Preservation means that he didn't allow it to change.  The emancipation proclamation was just a means to accomplish the big end, Preserving the Union.  Lincoln was a self proclaimed white supremacist.  I very much admire and respect the man, but he was racist. 

But being the first catholic or black president doesn't constitute as change.  Its just a platform you can run on to convince stupid people that something will be different.  JFK didn't get assassinated because he was making waves of movements across America.  He got assassinated because......well there is a long list.  But because he was fucking with cuba, the cia, the mob, ect ect.  Dirty back door politics, man what a change from all the presidents that came before him.

Im just sick of people already trying to make Obama into a martyr.  He hasn't done anything yet.  He is not president.  But if you're hoping for change, you might look else where.  He is the same as anyone else.  Not to mention he is just exploiting the color of his skin because when people see it, they see different, so he says change.  But what exactly is he promising to change?  All he ever does is just say " I will change shit!" but really doesn't go into what.  Its just a fairy tale that has launched him into being the front runner.  Its sad how stupid voters are.

ben

Lincoln suspended habeas corpus, basically making a mockery of the constitution.  And you're right, JFK fucked a lot of people, figuratively and literally.

I think you've got me wrong-- I don't beleive Obama is any different than anyone who has come before him.  He is just a little more naive and a little more dark.  If he is elected, he won't dare tamper with anything that would lead to radical change.

Variable

Well yeah Lincoln did.  But I mean, come on.  He had a pretty good reason.  And  not too long after congress also suspended Habeas Corpus nation wide.  So its not like Lincoln really acted alone.  I agree that it does kind of make a mockery of the constitution though.  I guess suspending Habeas Corpus can serve its purpose if done properly and quickly restored.  But, in the wrong hands.  Bad day.  Just adds the importance of paying attention to who you are actually voting for.

I don't really know how I perceived your views of Obama.  I guess I was more lashing out at the national and global attitude towards him.  The United States has A LOT of cleaning up to do.  We are in some tough times, and they are probably only going to get worse no matter who is elected.  But we need to be looking for a strong and truly intelligent leader.  Not some fairy tale that makes us all feel warm inside, but holds no merit. 

Its just really frustrating to me that we live in the year 2008 and people still aren't over race and sex.  I mean Hillary got fucked because she was a chick.  And Hillary VS Obama had nothing to do with the issues.  It was just, That black dude VS that white woman, stay tuned for which demographic will endure.  Its fucking bull shit.  People want to feel progressive so they think " oh if I vote for a black man, I am helping the progression of the civil rights movement in America " when in reality that is not Progression at all.  Real progression would not be seeing him as a black man.  Just the best ( or worst ) presidential candidate.  Not the best man.  Not the best Black man.  Not the Best person who is anything but a White Male.  Just the best person with the best policies and best direction for the nation.  Obama, and the Democrats know this too.  So even though I am irritated with the GOP right now.  Im even more insulted by the Democrats for assuming that im so stupid not to see the game they are playing.  And for nominating a candidate for the one and only reason that they know his race, and charisma would create a ridiculous amount of hype for their party.  Its bull shit.