Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

obama

Started by Nailec, Jun 26, 2008, 11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 29, 2008, 10:12 PM
Quote from: Variable on Aug 29, 2008, 04:54 PM
He hasnt done shit.  All he has is talk.  That's the difference. 
actually he has done shit. as an illinois state senator he did shit, and in his 4 years as us senator he has done shit to try to get out of iraq and get more troops into afghanistan, among many other issues he's tried to deal with.
what he was done in illinois is what he trying to do to the rest of the nation.

i've been wanting to see him as president for about the last 12 months or so, i guess my vote will go to Obama on nov. 4
Um, trying to do something is not the same as doing something.  I said that he has not accomplished anything. Not that he did not try to accomplish anything.

And the reason you have had your eye on him for so long is because he has been campaigning for that long instead of standing his office.

devilinside

And what really did Bush do that was soo fab to land him in office?

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Variable on Aug 30, 2008, 03:44 AM
actually he has done shit. as an illinois state senator he did shit, and in his 4 years as us senator he has done shit to try to get out of iraq and get more troops into afghanistan, among many other issues he's tried to deal with.

i've been wanting to see him as president for about the last 12 months or so, i guess my vote will go to Obama on nov. 4
Um, trying to do something is not the same as doing something.  I said that he has not accomplished anything. Not that he did not try to accomplish anything.

And the reason you have had your eye on him for so long is because he has been campaigning for that long instead of standing his office.

thats exactly my point, he DID help reform health care, welfare, and taxes on the south side of Chicago. then as a US senator, he's done at least this ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Policy_Act_of_2005 ) and this ( http://nwitimes.com/articles/2007/02/07/news/illiana/doc65cc98d8dc6506b28625727b0011edb5.txt )

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Aug 30, 2008, 03:47 AM
fool a bunch of idiots.  Just like obama is doing

Variable

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 30, 2008, 04:01 AM
Quote from: Variable on Aug 30, 2008, 03:44 AM

thats exactly my point, he DID help reform health care, welfare, and taxes on the south side of Chicago. then as a US senator, he's done at least this ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Policy_Act_of_2005 ) and this ( http://nwitimes.com/articles/2007/02/07/news/illiana/doc65cc98d8dc6506b28625727b0011edb5.txt )

Cool so Obamas big accomplishment was getting the day and month of day lights saving changed.  WOW.

Im JK man I know your not an idiot, sorry if I have been talking to you like you are.  Im just a little worked up today.  But I didn't see Obamas name anywhere on that bill.  Actually the only name on it that I was was George W. Bush.  But believe me, ill get the inside scoop.  Albuquerque, NM just happens to be my home town because my Father ( who just retired ) worked for the DOE, the organization in charge of Sandia Labs.  Ill see what he thinks about that bill.

And the 2nd link didn't work.

Variable

Quote from: Variable on Aug 30, 2008, 04:27 AM
Quote from: devilinside on Aug 30, 2008, 03:47 AM
fool a bunch of idiots.  Just like obama is doing
And yes Kelly.   I know what you are thinking.  I did vote for Bush ( only once because I was a freshman in high school in 2000) But I can admit that I was being stupid.  Didn't pay enough attention to the actual facts.  And voted based on political party instead of the best person for the job.  HOWEVER,  Gore? Kerry? Fuck, the democrats didn't really give me much of a choice. 
But I am disappointed in myself for not seeing through the W. bull shit.

bright lights, big city

its all cool, Variable, the second link was just about him getting troops out of Iraq.
i know i'm liberal, i'm obviously a big obama supporter, but this is just the democrats' golden opportunity. there is no hope, if they manage to screw this election up.

they should've won that 2000 election, and then in '04....ugh, even John Kerry should admit he was a crappy choice for the nomination...
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Variable

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Aug 29, 2008, 11:42 PM
Reducing oil consumption by 10% in 10 years is a pretty big change and a much MUCH needed one.
except that he wont even be president in 10 years.  So that was a stupid thing for him to say.

and I thought he said that he would set a clear course to be off foreign oil in 10 years.  In other words " im going to say that I want to be off foreign oil in 10 years.  Wether it happens or not is a totally different story.  CHANGE!"

Variable

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 30, 2008, 05:00 AM
its all cool, Variable, the second link was just about him getting troops out of Iraq.
i know i'm liberal, i'm obviously a big obama supporter, but this is just the democrats' golden opportunity. there is no hope, if they manage to screw this election up.

they should've won that 2000 election, and then in '04....ugh, even John Kerry should admit he was a crappy choice for the nomination...
That's the thing though dude.  As someone who just got back from afghanistan, and is going to be going to Iraq here fairly soon.  I dont want less troops in Iraq.  The more guns I have on my side, the better my chances are of getting out alive.  We have these guys pinned against the wall because of the troop surge that Obama didn't support.  Now we want to start drawing down the numbers?  No, that's just a plan to satisfy the american people.  Not win the war.  We have them on the ropes, now we need to finish them once and for all.  Then we can pull out.  And I guarantee you that every single INFINTRY General agrees, wether they can say it out loud or not.  They are also politicians you know.

Im sorry.  But Obama campaigning for a purpose that 1. he didn't succeed in.  2.  the exact opposite was proven to work.  and 3. could get me killed.  Is not a reason for me to like him very much

and trust me, we dont need more troops in Afghanistan.  We need to make the troops who are there actually do their job.  We have  RIDICULOUSLY large forward operating bases ( FOBs ) in Afghanistan (EG Bagrahm Air Field, Jallalabad Air Field, Camp Phoenix ect ect.) that are packed full of personal.  I mean TONS of US service members, who never ever leave the wire.  They dont leave the base at all, ever.  How the fuck are you supposed to win a war like that?  They need to push the forces out of the FOBs and where it matters.  Plus we need every soldier to get the proper cultural training before they go over there.  And a clear message as to exactly what 4th generation war fare is.  Its not the numbers that is the problem in Afghanistan.  And if Obama was as smart as he likes to think he is, he would have figured that out.

And Bill Clinton was the first democrat since FDR to be re-elected.  Democrats dont have a great track record.  I dont think anyone thought they had a chance at a 3rd term in the white house in 2000.  Which is why republicans felt comfortable sending in some idiot like W into the office so that their all star cabinet could really run the show.  And Kerry, oh god.  Lol, fucking Kerry.  He was actually a worse choice than bush.  that says a lot.

deafnotes

after obama.... asian-american for president!
then native american indian for president

devilinside

I'm Native American!! WHOO!!!!!! I'll run for prez when I'm old enough. ;)

deafnotes

Quote from: devilinside on Aug 31, 2008, 01:19 AM
I'm Native American!! WHOO!!!!!! I'll run for prez when I'm old enough. ;)

pure brown indian?

devilinside

My great grandmother lived on a reservation...then went senile.

deafnotes

ohh i see man. :)
what age you plannig to run for president?

Variable

I will be running at age 45

Fireal1222

obama will be the next president

and he will be even worse than bush (even though that sounds impossible)

thats my guess.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Variable

I think he will actually be a very average president.  I think he will start off with some big ambitions and fail miserably.  I think he is underestimating how hard it will be to turn around the mistakes of the Bush administration.  And I think he is underestimating how even a minority house of Republicans can work against him.  He will spend his first bit of time trying and failing.  then he will play it safe because of re-elections.  Then IF he gets re-elected.  He will once again play it very safe to ensure that the first black President of the United states was not seen as a miserable failure.

Hillary on the other hand.  Here is one of my many takes on why she would have been the better democratic choice.

First off, people dont even understand the depth of her intelligence and foresight.  She understands exactly what she is/was getting into.  Her first term.  She would have played it very safe.  And very smart.  Making simple adjustments to the country to ensure that she could be seen as making few mistakes so that her re-election would be ensured.  Then, after getting re-elected.  She would go fucking crazy ( in a good way, as far as democrats are concerned)  If there is one word to describe the clintons, its vain.  they want to be remembered in history.  Hillary would go after some crazy ass shit in order to ensure that she would go down in history not only as the first woman president, part of the first married couple to become president, or the 2nd democrat elected in a row to serve two terms since FDR, But she would also want to go down as an amazing governor and revolutionary policy maker.  She would have been my worst nightmare.

Which is why I cant vote democrat.  They did not pick the best person for the job.  The chose the person they saw most likely to get elected.  I just think the American people deserve better.  Which is why im a bit irritated with McCain right now too for the Sarah Palin stunt.  But at least she is not running for President.

bright lights, big city

i would say it is impossible to be worse than bush; even McCain would be about 10 times better than W.
DERP

Variable

I think that is a point that we can all solidly agree on.

Runs With The Spirit

There is a treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise, but to the foolish man that spendeth it up, you gotta learn now. It won't be no more, no more in your lonely world.