Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

obama

Started by Nailec, Jun 26, 2008, 02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nailec

Quote from: Shaye on Jun 26, 2008, 11:24 PM
Quote from: Nailec on Jun 26, 2008, 11:12 PM
Quote from: Shaye on Jun 26, 2008, 10:46 PM
What is all this bullshit about "digging deeper at the root of the problem"? People have been doing that for years and years already. People who murder (with the exception of crimes of passion or self defense) or rape others are not of sound mind.

So what is the alternative? Sentence them to a 10 or 20 years jail sentence that tax payers pay for, while the scumbag eats 3 meals a day, lifts weights and fools everyone into thinking that he's turned to God to help him get through his struggle. Pedophilia is not curable. People don't go to therapy and rid themselves of the problem. If they do, it's a one in a million chance. How much longer do we spend trying to figure out what millions of different factors could have caused someone to do something so disgusting, while just letting it happen more and more?

What do you say in the meantime, "Don't worry, we're working on it" ? Are child rapists or murderers productive members of society? I sure as fuck don't think so. Frankly, I understand worrying about innocent people who are wrongly accused, but take that out of the equation and think about those who are guilty. What then?

Whether you are for or against the death penalty, please don't for a second think that people who rape or molest children can be rehabilitated. If they could they wouldn't have maps of your neighborhood on the internet showing red dots over the places where convicted molesters live.

yeah you pretty much missed my point.

its neither a decision nor some kind of illness to become a murderer/rapist etc.

its the wrong society who allows them to develop. sure the rape/murdere itself possibly is a decision but it has a longer history. and this is where the politicians should concentrate on.

elaborate what the problem is. spend money in preventive actions. profit.

killing people is a barbaric act. may it e by law or illegal. it may give others a feeling of security of rapists are killed but it wont stop the society from producing rapists.

I didn't miss your point. I took it for what it was and elaborated on the issue and provided some of my own opinions and questions.

What is the preventive actions people are supposed to spend money on? How can you prevent someone from doing something before they do it?

Changing society has nothing to do with rape and/or murder. Both have been happening throughout the world for thousands of years in all different societies and cultures. This isn't something that just popped up here in America one day.

you just need to compare the background of criminals, see the similarities.

and yeah every kind of crime has its own history. i could imagine that for example murderer didnt happen very often until people noticed that they probabbly wont burn in hell for it.

the history of a specific crime could be an interesing read. also the comparision of crimes thorugh different cultures.

you cant assume that the criminal is actually the main reason for a crime.

Variable

Quote from: Shaye on Jun 26, 2008, 11:16 PM
Quote from: Variable on Jun 26, 2008, 03:52 PM
well for those of you who were hoping that he was a genuine new breed of politician.  You can go ahead and let that go. 

A genuine new breed of politician is not what I was thinking, and anyone with a brain shouldn't have thought so either. But he's certainly intelligent, eloquent and IMO a wayyyyyyy better candidate than the other 2 dimwits he was up against. If he beats the his senile counterpart into office this year, only time will tell whether things work out. There is no sure thing when it comes to any of them, meaning Clinton, McCain or Obama.
easy shaye.  You dont have to like senator Mccain.  But he has lived an extraordinary life of service for our country.  I think he deserves a bit more respect than to call him a dimwit.

Jacob

oh noes, he's an army man. only Jesus can be wiser and more powerful than him. let's lick his ass!

;)
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bright lights, big city

Quote from: aenemic on Jun 27, 2008, 12:55 AM
oh noes, he's an army man. only Jesus can be wiser and more powerful than him. let's lick his ass!

;)
lolz
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

mrs_swa

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 27, 2008, 01:20 AM

;)
lolz

;D
...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

Fireal1222

well for those of you who were hoping that he was a genuine new breed of politician.  You can go ahead and let that go.  I dont understand some of the things he has been doing lately.  He was doing so well riding on his wave of change ( and of course never stating what that change actually would be ) Then lately he was been playing some obvious political games.

this was obviously an attempt to gain support from more conservative voters.  He tried to pick a middle ground that no one could disagree is despicable ( child rape ) then throw an ultra conservative punishment at it.  I mean you cant even kill child murderers in every state.  Now he is calling for the death of child rapist?  And its strange because he is so liberal.  So obviously he is counting on the liberal vote of America.  But so many liberals are against the death penalty all together.  It seems that he would loose their vote over this.  Not that he would loose them to Mccain but maybe to Barr or Nader.  And seeing as how Barr is already predicted to take a large % of votes from Mccain.  Obama doesn't need to be losing any himself to a 3rd party.  It is just a strange move to me.

As far as how I feel about the actual Death Penalty for child rape.  I have to agree with Tarkil.  I am not a wise enough man to decide who should die and who should not.  But if I was ever going to support something like this.  It would have to come with undeniable evidence.  The thought of innocent people rotting in Death Row sickens me.  Then again, so does child rape.  So I dont know.  Such a harsh punishment is obviously meant to be a deterrent to prevent the act from ever happening at all.  But eventually you will have to enforce it.  So I dont know.

yes ive always wondered that too

A CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN

okay. but whats the change barrack.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

Quote from: Shaye on Jun 26, 2008, 11:16 PM
well for those of you who were hoping that he was a genuine new breed of politician.  You can go ahead and let that go.

A genuine new breed of politician is not what I was thinking, and anyone with a brain shouldn't have thought so either. But he's certainly intelligent, eloquent and IMO a wayyyyyyy better candidate than the other 2 dimwits he was up against. If he beats the his senile counterpart into office this year, only time will tell whether things work out. There is no sure thing when it comes to any of them, meaning Clinton, McCain or Obama.

hillary clinton was WAY more qualified than obama.. at least she would have known exactly what she was doing

the only good thing about Barrack is that he is young ( but thats also one of the main bad things about him as president )

experience is huge when it comes to being president.

luckily bush was having other people run the country for him. he was just a face. a face for us to point our fingers at. rather than actually do the obvious thing and held rallies in every major city to have him impeached

our government is what needs the change.. capitalism is a bad thing anymore. it helps rich people get really really rich. and has everyone else work for them

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Corleone

I bet none of you vote

edit: maybe variable

Fireal1222

all you have to do is watch the episode of south park. when they are voting for a new school mascot

and the 2 options are a giant douche. and a turd sandwich

thats basically how i feel about our elections

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

devilinside

Quote from: Corleone on Jun 27, 2008, 03:28 AM
I bet none of you vote

edit: maybe variable

Umm dear...I've been voting since 1996. (my birthday usually falls on election day,so I was able to vote my senior year of high school)

mrs_swa

...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

bright lights, big city

i dont vote for governor cuz our state's government blows. but president i do vote for. obama's my boy
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

alvarezbassist17

i think the death sentence thing makes sense for repeat offenders, that's the way it is in a few states.  but i'm also all about putting the child rapers in high security prison with the rawest nigs that'll make them feel like children being raped.  that option is less cost-effective though.

in regards to obama, i REALLY REALLY REALLY don't think that putting a democrat in office is going to benefit the country at all.  Our economy is going down the shitter as it is, and all he's gonna do is increase the size of the government and take even more money out of the private sector, the thing that actually has its existence riding on its ability to do things efficiently, something the government really doesn't have.  then the value of the dollar goes down further, and the country is even more in debt.  not to mention all the environmental bullshit that he's clearly going to support that's going to inhibit the work of the private sector even more, causing even higher energy prices, because the democrats really just can't wait until we have a viable alternative source of energy that we won't need to subsidize entirely for 20 years to completely forgo trying to make gas cheaper.  don't even get me started on al gore. 

that said, i don't think i want to vote for mccain either, he seems like a panderer, but not as bad as obama.  i also want to vote for bob barr because he ate borat's wife's tit cheese.

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 27, 2008, 03:15 AM
our government is what needs the change.. capitalism is a bad thing anymore. it helps rich people get really really rich. and has everyone else work for them

dude capitalism is the shit, it's why our country got so ballin to begin with, and why third world countries are starting to build themselves up (while the jobs created in india and china are notorious for underpayment, they are still jobs that wouldn't have been there if corporations hadn't seen the need for cheap labor, putting more and more money into their economies).  i agree that the people out there with ridiculous salaries shouldn't get such exorbitant amounts of money, but if they weren't allowed to, what would be the incentive to be in a business that's run effectively?  it's the desire to reach the top that makes people work so hard in this country.  but i mean if all we do is tax companies more, they're just going to raise their prices.  take for example the cap and trade act that has been proposed (www.nocapandtrade.com).  yes, it will benefit the environment, but it will throw our economy down the shitter because energy prices will get so high.  i mean companies need their profit margin, they're not just gonna eat the new taxes and be like "oh, it's for the good of the world."  the public just needs to buy environmentally friendly products and support environmentally friendly companies, and the others will follow suit eventually, all the while creating more jobs instead of putting more stress on those already giving away a third of their pay to the government.  i'm going to stop now, but i'm willing to discuss more if you'd like later.

Fireal1222

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Jun 27, 2008, 06:56 AM
i think the death sentence thing makes sense for repeat offenders, that's the way it is in a few states.  but i'm also all about putting the child rapers in high security prison with the rawest nigs that'll make them feel like children being raped.  that option is less cost-effective though.

in regards to obama, i REALLY REALLY REALLY don't think that putting a democrat in office is going to benefit the country at all.  Our economy is going down the shitter as it is, and all he's gonna do is increase the size of the government and take even more money out of the private sector, the thing that actually has its existence riding on its ability to do things efficiently, something the government really doesn't have.  then the value of the dollar goes down further, and the country is even more in debt.  not to mention all the environmental bullshit that he's clearly going to support that's going to inhibit the work of the private sector even more, causing even higher energy prices, because the democrats really just can't wait until we have a viable alternative source of energy that we won't need to subsidize entirely for 20 years to completely forgo trying to make gas cheaper.  don't even get me started on al gore. 

that said, i don't think i want to vote for mccain either, he seems like a panderer, but not as bad as obama.  i also want to vote for bob barr because he ate borat's wife's tit cheese.

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 27, 2008, 03:15 AM

dude capitalism is the shit, it's why our country got so ballin to begin with, and why third world countries are starting to build themselves up (while the jobs created in india and china are notorious for underpayment, they are still jobs that wouldn't have been there if corporations hadn't seen the need for cheap labor, putting more and more money into their economies).  i agree that the people out there with ridiculous salaries shouldn't get such exorbitant amounts of money, but if they weren't allowed to, what would be the incentive to be in a business that's run effectively?  it's the desire to reach the top that makes people work so hard in this country.  but i mean if all we do is tax companies more, they're just going to raise their prices.  take for example the cap and trade act that has been proposed (www.nocapandtrade.com).  yes, it will benefit the environment, but it will throw our economy down the shitter because energy prices will get so high.  i mean companies need their profit margin, they're not just gonna eat the new taxes and be like "oh, it's for the good of the world."  the public just needs to buy environmentally friendly products and support environmentally friendly companies, and the others will follow suit eventually, all the while creating more jobs instead of putting more stress on those already giving away a third of their pay to the government.  i'm going to stop now, but i'm willing to discuss more if you'd like later.

the guy with a fucking lake and a boat in his backyard is gonna tell me who to vote for

yeah okay

plus you sound like you got all your info from a phone conversation between your dad and a friend that you listened in on

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

alvarezbassist17

dude i wasn't telling you shit, i was just saying what was important to me, and frankly, i don't think any of the candidates are going to address those issues well.  and actually, i think my dad is more liberal than i am.  but fuck, man, it's gonna start to get really gay to find a job that's not in the service industry once everybody decides it's too expensive to do business here. 

you sound like you got all your info from the dixie chicks

ps you talk about too much government and shit, and a key liberal position is increasing the size of the government and the amount of control it has over people and businesses. 

Variable

;)
He was a Navy man.

And that is only a small part of his service to the United States.  You dont see me spouting childish bull shit about Obama do you?  I dont think very highly of him.  But I will at least respect the position he is in.  And the fact that he is doing what he thinks is right for the country.  I respect the fact that these are men (and if Hilary was still in, women ) who are passionate enough to subject themselves to extreme stress and ridicule in order to lead their country in a direction that they whole heartily believe is the best for the future of the United States.  I may not support obama, but so far he has accomplished way more with his life than I have.  I respect that.  And I wont make childish remarks to slander him.  As far as im concerned, talk about the issues, but your 2 cents on the candidates themselves is your vote. 

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Variable on Jun 27, 2008, 08:02 AM

;)
He was a Navy man.

And that is only a small part of his service to the United States.  You dont see me spouting childish bull shit about Obama do you?  I dont think very highly of him.  But I will at least respect the position he is in.  And the fact that he is doing what he thinks is right for the country.  I respect the fact that these are men (and if Hilary was still in, women ) who are passionate enough to subject themselves to extreme stress and ridicule in order to lead their country in a direction that they whole heartily believe is the best for the future of the United States.  I may not support obama, but so far he has accomplished way more with his life than I have.  I respect that.  And I wont make childish remarks to slander him.  As far as im concerned, talk about the issues, but your 2 cents on the candidates themselves is your vote. 

yeah i agree with that, it's super shitty that people can't just concentrate on the issues :(  i mean they're all trying to attack everyone's personal integrity, like we couldn't impeach them if they turned out to be a psycho.

Variable

Its because they dont have the first fucking clue what the issues actually are.  Or what the candidates actually say about the issues.

alvarezbassist17

here's a little public service from alvarezbassist

www.ontheissues.org

Variable

lol.  You wouldn't actually expect Americans to take the time to read that would you?  Its a long standing tradition to vote for presidents based on their charisma and ability to lie and manipulate.  Why ruin a perfectly good and logical tradition?