Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

obama

Started by Nailec, Jun 26, 2008, 11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corleone

Yeah obama will prob win just because of the media and new voters alone.

Variable

Quote from: goldpony on Jul 25, 2008, 06:01 PM
i dont really like either candidate, but dont want to throw my vote away by voting for a third party...i'll probabaly end up voting for obama because it seems like mccain is going to follow the GOP party line, which im pretty tired of at this point. remember waht washington said at his farewell speech (paraphrase) " a two party system will be the death of democracy"
He was so right about the two party system.  but the real reason why is because no one can seem to compromised.  Just let shit go and take a middle ground so that legislation can actually get passed.  They just sit there and drive a hard line and nothing gets accomplished.  Its not that fucking hard

I mean how fucking long is it going to matter what a candidates stance on abortion is?  Can we please get past this shit already.  How bout this.  Abortion is not the business of the federal government.  We will allow the Individual States to make their own Abortion laws.  So if you want an abortion , dont move to Utah.  And if you feel abortion is immoral and want to live in a community who does not support it, dont live in fucking cali.  Boom, compromise made, next

Gun control....are you fucking serious?  We are still talking about this?  Ok hows about this.  The 2nd amendment guarantees the rights of Americans to own weapons for self defense or the formation of a militia in case the central government becomes too powerful and a revolution needs to bust out.  However I cant possibly justify just letting an all out acceptance of every american owning automatic rifles and grenade launchers.  No one needs a 50 caliber machine gun, or sniper rifle.  So here the deal.  You may own hand guns for self defense.  you may own hunting rifles with a max caliber of 7.62 - 308.  You may own semi automatic assault rifles at a caliber no greater 7.62.  And there is no other use for a SMG such as a MP5 or a grenade launcher except to kill people at a cyclic rate.  So dont even ask.  And we will leave it up to the individual state on concealed to carry laws.  compromise made, next

The war in Iraq?  How about this.  We have been there long enough and spent way too much money in doing so.  But if we leave before a stable Iraq can be reasonably assured, then it was all for nothing.  So here is the deal.  We can make a time table ( and keep the dates a fucking secret for once ) and say that we will start to impliment our stradegy to get out by this date.  And we will try.  We will make phases.  But when the time comes, if those dates are too soon to assure victory.  We have to extend them.  Dont get me wrong, we will work our asses off to make it happen.  But we cant just pull out and allow genocide to be on our hands because we moved too fast.  Set the date, make the plan, compromise made, next..........

you get the point?  Its not that fucking hard.  But everyone just wants to look righteous and drive a hard line.  Its fucking pathetic.  But that's why a lot of republicans dont like McCain.  He has a reputation for just taking a compromise or admitting the democrats are right and working with them to pass legislation.  I think that's something we need.  A leader who can stand a middle ground and draw others towards it.  Im not sure obama has that ability.

I agree with being sick of the GOP though.  But at this point, I am convinced that it is not really the GOP, just the Bush administration.  The bush administration went against so many principals that republicans are supposed to stand for.  I dont really see them as the GOP.  But if this shit keeps up after he is gone, I think I will just become an independent. 

Corleone

Variable

you can skip the 3rd, 4th, and 5th paragraph and still be ok.

Muzic Junkie

America is just screwed

- There should be no death peanalty . your just leeting them die they don't live with waht they did there probably happy. and what if your wrongly convicted? then you just get killed instead of having re trials in latter years. Child Rapists. No . They should just go to jail forever and live in there own misery of what they did, there sick they deserve to live in there sick minds away form society
Obama is just an  prick but he's young, hopefully he makes positive changes instead of this crap including V

- Guns ? That should defiently be abolished, so that you HAVE to have A licence. Did any watch the micheal moore doco? People with mental disorders for crying out loud can just run around with guns, Cos there so cheap , Its not about defence , You dont' need a gun to defend, and noone will ahve guns if you abolish that stupid rule

- Iraq Well Bush just screwed you and wantss you to be hated by every country bush was just a dumb prick

- And Change your fast food restruants. I mean your the fattest country in the worlld with like a billion MCD's i meand fast food ain't all that bad but your ridicoulous porportians (sp) I mean Supersize for 50c With a fricken gallon if coke and a bucket full fo fatty chips i mean a gallon fo cokes, way more then 2.5 L and soem drink that in one sitting its insane , You can't stop Fast food reasturants and people going to them but at least stop the ridiclpous poprtions

Basically America is screwed beyond anything mccain is just annoyign an obama wants stupid laws put in place
An Honestly america probably going to start a wold war cos everyoen hates them and where all gonna die of a Nuclear bombs

I think i went a bit of subject but oh well

Variable

you wouldn't happen to be 15 would you?

goldpony

LOL, yeah the US is screwed up, but i could make a case for every country in the world being screwed up. oh, i forgot, everywhere else is full of saints and nobody does anything wrong ever ;D
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Law

I find it amazing that a politician with such experience makes jokes about bombing Iran. Very helpful indeed. I know Ahmadinejad has said some damn right crazy stuff, but you don't throw it straight back. I really hope Obama wins with flying colours as he actually has some respect with dealing with concerning matters.

Variable

have a video or article to show mccain "joke" about bombing Iran?

Corleone

Quote from: Muzic Junkie on Jul 27, 2008, 08:07 AM
America is just screwed

- There should be no death peanalty . your just leeting them die they don't live with waht they did there probably happy. and what if your wrongly convicted? then you just get killed instead of having re trials in latter years. Child Rapists. No . They should just go to jail forever and live in there own misery of what they did, there sick they deserve to live in there sick minds away form society
Obama is just an  prick but he's young, hopefully he makes positive changes instead of this crap including V

- Guns ? That should defiently be abolished, so that you HAVE to have A licence. Did any watch the micheal moore doco? People with mental disorders for crying out loud can just run around with guns, Cos there so cheap , Its not about defence , You dont' need a gun to defend, and noone will ahve guns if you abolish that stupid rule

- Iraq Well Bush just screwed you and wantss you to be hated by every country bush was just a dumb prick

- And Change your fast food restruants. I mean your the fattest country in the worlld with like a billion MCD's i meand fast food ain't all that bad but your ridicoulous porportians (sp) I mean Supersize for 50c With a fricken gallon if coke and a bucket full fo fatty chips i mean a gallon fo cokes, way more then 2.5 L and soem drink that in one sitting its insane , You can't stop Fast food reasturants and people going to them but at least stop the ridiclpous poprtions

Basically America is screwed beyond anything mccain is just annoyign an obama wants stupid laws put in place
An Honestly america probably going to start a wold war cos everyoen hates them and where all gonna die of a Nuclear bombs

I think i went a bit of subject but oh well

Law

Quote from: Variable on Jul 28, 2008, 02:49 AM
Yeah for sure.
[youtube=425,350]o-zoPgv_nYg[/youtube]

"When do we send them an airmail message to Tehran?". Nice.

[youtube=425,350]LldjTWx4cJQ[/youtube]

"I think this is what makes people like John McCain..."

What a dumbass! Sorry but this stuff is crazy!

Nailec

both videos are down which kinda sucks.

i think most of you seen obamas speech. most of you who saw it on tv or youtube actually saw more than me. the place was so stuffed that i just sit down in the grass and listened to what he said... while two friends of mine (girls) talked all the time. the audience was pretty young and i guess most of them were students

so from what i understand the speech was pretty espectable but ok all in all. a little bit short maybe.
i was suprised how open he was concerning the war in iraq and i am glad that obama obviously wants a change in environmental politics. i missed what he said on iran but im pretty sure there was nothing new there.

thanks america for what you have done for germany in the past. obama summed that help up pretty much.

Variable

Quote from: Jambi on Jul 28, 2008, 01:43 PM
Quote from: Variable on Jul 28, 2008, 02:49 AM
Yeah for sure.
[youtube=425,350]o-zoPgv_nYg[/youtube]

"When do we send them an airmail message to Tehran?". Nice.

[youtube=425,350]LldjTWx4cJQ[/youtube]

"I think this is what makes people like John McCain..."

What a dumbass! Sorry but this stuff is crazy!
ehhhhh.  I mean your opinion is yours and that's cool and all.  But I think you might be overreacting just a bit.  McCain has been a jokester his whole career.  He has made all kinds of stupid videos and shit making fun of current events.  Its just his personality.  I make stupid jokes about shit that I dont really mean all the time.  I would imagine that most people do.  I make fun of my friends for being "gay" all the time.  But if one of them actually was gay, I wouldn't care.  I wouldn't like try to kick their ass and start hating them.  They would simply become my gay friend, and I would probably still make fun of them.  I make fun of my roommate all the time when he has moments stereotypical to his mexican heritage.  Its not that I hate mexicans.  Its just a joke.  Just an easy way to get in a chuckle.  And when people do the same to me, I dont take offense to it. 
So yeah, maybe it is a little bit tasteless for a candidate to be making jokes like that.  But I think he was just trying to be charismatic and lighten the mood a bit.  If nothing else it at least shows that there is still a man under there and not just a political robot.  Like I said, it was a bit tasteless.  but nothing near enough to make me want to change my vote.

Law

Don't get me wrong, I am well for politicians being more "human", but the problem with this is that that area of the world don't take much too lightly, especially mentioning "Iran" and "bombs". Sure I know it was a joke, but to be fair he should be wise enough to perhaps make a joke about something else, not about killing Iranians if you see my point. You wouldn't really see that sort of thing in Britain or Germany etc, maybe they're too stiff? I don't know but it's so a tetchy issue, especially with what is going on right now as you well know. People will see that and think "more of the same", i.e. with respect to George Bush.... which quite frankly isn't the best thing for the US.

Variable

I pretty much agree with everything you just said

Jerry_Curls

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Variable

I would actually be surprised if obama knew any of that.  Someone from his campaign was probably just like " oh wow, what a pretty structure.  Lets have a speech in front of it"

tarkil

I'm pretty sure he (or at least his advisors) knew

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Variable

You think?  I think you're underestimating the ignorance of Americans to European culture.

tarkil

Quote from: Variable on Jul 29, 2008, 07:59 AM
You think?  I think you're underestimating the ignorance of Americans to European culture.

Ha ha... Good point though... But I would have thought that to be an advisor to a presidential candidate, you would need to be pretty much aware of this kind of things. Not the candidates themselves obviously (cf. dumb Dubya) but at least their close circle...
Well, who knows... I don't care about this symbol at all though, and I don't think they cared either... Living in the past sucks balls...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.