Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Favorite Guns-Post em here

Started by dictatesofreason, Jun 26, 2008, 08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

Jacob

Quote from: defskull on Jul 04, 2008, 10:49 AM
Such a terrible thread

guns are awful and an invention mankind should be ashamed of. but that doesn't help that they're pretty cool.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Variable

guns are just a natural progression.  Man has tried improving everything.  Its only natural to progress our weapons systems.  If it wasn't guns it would be a cross bow, or bow and arrow, or catapult, or spear, or sword, or sling, or axe........something.  The world has always had weapons.  And im sure in 100 years people will be looking at all these guns like they aren't shit. Its just human nature.  Embrace it.

Nailec

could it be possible that one day there is a resurrection of shields in combat?

you just need some strong and light material. should not be the problem, hm?

perhaps its somehow useless for combats in the city.

i think the marines in starcraft 2 will wear shields for example. no idea why since most of their enemies are creatures with claws or guns that are just to heavy for any personal shield.

bright lights, big city

shields are f'ing sweet but in today's world unnecessary.
we have body armor and vests
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

ToneDef

Jacob

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 06, 2008, 05:09 PM
shields are f'ing sweet but in today's world unnecessary.
we have body armor and vests

don't riot cops use shields to protect them from bricks and other stuff people throw at them? and to easily be able to push people back?

but yeah, if they could make shields that could fully absorb gunfire I could see them being used in close combat. and the soldiers carrying them would have weapons that are most effective up close. with ordinary rifles they'd still be a lot safer at long range anyways.

laser swords and energy field shields ftw.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Variable

police use shields in urban environments all the time.  There is a definite science to Close Quarters Battle.  Used to be that the US military trained to take hallways and go room to room, re stacking in the halls.  Now they teach to fight room to room IE take one room, re stack, then go straight across the hall to the next room.  And in Israel they dont even go through doors anymore.  They just blow through a wall.  Its a science that changes all the time.  And im sure the police have their own twist on it.  I could see why they would use a shield for the point man.  He is the first in the room and most likely to get shot.  So if the bad guys are focusing their fire on this guy, the rest of the stack and go blast the bad guys away.  Kind of takes away from the surprise element of guy hiding in a corner.

But as far as military actually using shields.  I doubt it.  They are too heavy and bulky to hump around.  We have enough shit to carry around without worrying about a 100 pound shield.  Especially marines who are supposed to be light infantry.  Plus the mind set is wrong.  You are supposed to win and survive based on superior fire power.  You are supposed to be aggressive and make the enemy put their head down so that you kill them, not them kill you.  If you sit there are hiding behind armor you cant shoot.  You will just be playing defense.  And more than likely it will cause your death.  One of the most spectacular things to watch would be a group of guys from the special forces doing a shooting package.  Its amazing how fast they can shoot accurately and reload and keep shooting.  You could not do this with a shield...I just dont see it happening.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

indychinoluv

Such a terrible thread
I agree. Guns make me feel sad. Same as when you see two people fighting!

derekautomatica

Quote from: indychinoluv on Jun 29, 2008, 09:29 AM
Quote from: devilinside on Jun 29, 2008, 07:37 AM
No,the only thing dumb about a gun would be the uneducated person behind it.
Nah, they're just dumb.

i like shiny guns.

tarkil

I like shiny vaginas on my side... With some nice silverish glitter...

^5

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Variable

Quote from: indychinoluv on Jul 07, 2008, 03:25 AM
Such a terrible thread
Same as when you see two people fighting!
Its called boxing and UFC.  and its a million, if not billion dollar industry.

indychinoluv

Quote from: Variable on Jul 07, 2008, 10:25 AM
Such a terrible thread
Just because it makes a lot of money, doesn't mean I like it.

And I was meaning when people have fist fights, not a couple of guys in shiny undies dry humping

Variable

I know what you meant.  And those guys in shiny underwear would be the shit out of any couple douche bags fist fighting on the streets.  that's why they get paid for it.  Not that this conversation has anything to do with anything.

wither-I

Quote from: Variable on Jul 07, 2008, 10:25 AM
Such a terrible thread
im drooling already

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Variable

this is not an appropriate thread for coming out of the closet

wither-I

no its just the thought of money makes my dick hard and my ambitions soar.

nonesuch

i want to fuck the shit out of money
i drink your milkshake

wither-I

hahahahahaha yeah

it IS life. make life with it.