Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Money and You

Started by Fireal1222, Jul 03, 2008, 05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Pwny

Quote from: ToneDef on Jul 04, 2008, 11:10 PM
really just need money for food, my girl, shit here and there and my car.

Good boy, Trav.  =o)
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

whodunit?

I live in Gdynia, a port-city in the north of Poland. I live in the centre of the city. It's quite modern place and I love it. I work as an English teacher at school in my hometown, 20 km from where I live. Just 200 meters from my flat there is a well-known club.

Variable

Quote from: lithium on Jul 04, 2008, 10:46 PM
i live in a box outside a fast food restaurant, i cry myself to sleep, and i pee myself at the thought of my mother.

...other than that i'm doing pretty good.
way to be a stereo type buddy. 

Moz

Actually me and my gf just rented an appartement (our first) for 900 euros a month (excluding taxes). It's pretty expensive but I'm in one of the largest cities of the Netherlands now and five minutes from the train station. It's big enough as well, I have a room just to function as an office and for my game collection.

I just started as a fulltime journalist for a videogame website and my gf is an event organizator or whatever you call it in English.

ToneDef

That's gotta be cool to have a girl who'd let you have a room to yourself.. Let alone to use it for a video game collection.

Variable

Quote from: Moz on Jul 05, 2008, 04:13 PM
I just started as a fulltime journalist for a videogame website and my gf is an event organizator or whatever you call it in English.
I guess that would be an event coordinator, I think

black coffee

All money that I earn is gone at the end of the month. I don't really save anything for later, even though I could if I stepped a bit shorter and didn't waste all my money on expensive starbucks coffee's, tennis raquets or equipment for my drumset like a brand new double bass pedal or a new crash cymbal. and let's nor forget about the weekends ... oh the weekends.

devilinside

fucking starbucks!

black coffee

I tried that once... my doctor told me I will never have children in my life

devilinside

lol...ok. I too am quite addicted to Starfucks. I could easily spend $50 a week on it. :(

Moz

Quote from: Variable on Jul 06, 2008, 02:25 AM
Quote from: Moz on Jul 05, 2008, 04:13 PM
I guess that would be an event coordinator, I think

Yeah something along the lines. It's for music festivals, art and culture stuff, things like that.

Quote from: ToneDef on Jul 05, 2008, 04:59 PM
That's gotta be cool to have a girl who'd let you have a room to yourself.. Let alone to use it for a video game collection.

Yeah it's all cool. She knows games are pretty important to me, with them also being my profession and all. It's gonna be a 'place to be alone' anyway so if she needs to be alone to do some work she can use it as well.

alvarezbassist17

right now i'm living at home with my parents and working full time at my neighbor's aerospace parts distribution company doing random jobs, makin $11/hour.  that's just for the summer, though.  i usually live up north in duluth, where i go to college, but there isn't shit for jobs up there right now.  i'm going for my accounting degree, which has the highest rate of employment right out of college (or it did when i started).  i'm hoping that should lead to success, i don't want to have to worry about money constantly like i have been since getting out of high school.  i dunno, i think the best thing you can do to get security is get some kind of degree, even if it takes awhile.  more and more jobs are requiring field experience or a post-secondary degree for hiring.

Oldnewtype

i dont have a job or any money and i get by just fine

Variable

I thought you were a burger cook?

whodunit?

Quote from: Variable on Jul 13, 2008, 09:22 AM
I thought you were a burger cook?

hahaha, that's ambitious!

Variable

well if you go for anything more ambitious you are just a slave to the evil government system. 

whodunit?

Quote from: Variable on Jul 13, 2008, 10:33 AM
well if you go for anything more ambitious you are just a slave to the evil government system. 

and you're just a tool in the hands of the US army

and I'm sorry, I shouldn't said such thing, oldnewtype. I think that if one wants one can find much more ambitious job.

Variable

Quote from: whodunit? on Jul 13, 2008, 10:41 AM

US Navy. 

whodunit?

Quote from: Variable on Jul 13, 2008, 11:11 AM
Quote from: whodunit? on Jul 13, 2008, 10:41 AM

US Navy. 

if that would make any difference  ::)

devilinside

uuh yeah...look at the uniforms...duh! lol Navy is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the others.