Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Money and You

Started by Fireal1222, Jul 03, 2008, 08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corleone

Quote from: wither-I on Jul 19, 2008, 03:32 AM
Quote from: Moz on Jul 18, 2008, 03:07 PM
Goddamnit  people are you stuck in a weed infested mindset or something. Three years ago or whatever when I was still a regular here we made fun of Variable's army serving stuff but you guys are STILL doing it?

I'm glad I got outta this place.

Peace
somethings will never change... doo doo doo dooooo

thats just the way it is... do doo do doo doooo

It's funny how he sais he's out from here, yet hes still here.

Variable

Quote from: goldpony on Jul 26, 2008, 02:05 AM
Quote from: Variable on Jul 25, 2008, 07:33 PM
We must take the power away from the government and once again build up the value of the dollar with hard work, discretionary spending, free trade, the gold standard, and stay the fuck away from centralized banking......that's what he thinks anyways.
i'm all for free trade but not at the expense of jobs, which is what NAFTA did.
I could not have said that better.  That is exactly how I feel.  Free trade is wonderful until ass holes move American jobs over seas to china so that they can produce a cheaper product.  And the fucked up part is that Americans seem to refuse to boycott these companies. we would rather buy shit for only a small % cheaper than just pay a little bit more and ensure our economy.  Short sighted, that is the way you can sum up pretty much all major events in the past 40 + years of american history.

oh and just for all of you elitist democrats who are so proud to be a part of the party. The democrats Franklin D. Roosevelt was the one who took us off of the gold standard.  And although Bush SR. was working on NAFTA, Clinton was the one who made a really big push for it and got it implemented.  That's why I roll my eyes and automatically assume that someone is an idiot if they start blaming republicans for all of the problems in the country.

tarkil

Sorry guys, but then it's not called free trade any more...

Just saying...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Variable

thats fine by me.  whatever keeps job IN my country.  You can talk about corporate gains all you want.  But if the lower and middle class fall, so will those on top.

tarkil

I didn't say it was good or bad...
I just find funny the fact that you guys are saying that you are all for "free" trade, as long as it doesn't harm you... That's not really "freedom" right there...

Anyway, no big deal, I don't really have a thought of opinion on this kind of stuff, so I'll stay quiet... :)

goldpony

no, we are against policies that allow companies in the US to move to were labor is cheaper with no financial consequence. if you want to move to a country where labor is cheaper, fine. just expect import tariffs on your products. NAFTA basically allows companies to move and not get charged tariffs on their products they produce in other countries. take money out of my pocket and we'll take money out of yours...seems fair to me.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

yeah josh said pretty much exactly how I feel.  I understand the global economy and corporate profits and all that shit.  However the people that are against sending jobs over seas are those who have jobs.  And not some 10 dollar and hour job with 70% medical insurance.  The People who have millions of dollars.  They are the ones who would be complaining if we scraped NAFTA and came up with something more to my liking.  So fuck them.  They have enough money.  Its time to give jobs back to your average joe american.

tarkil

Quote from: goldpony on Jul 28, 2008, 09:08 PM
no, we are against policies that allow companies in the US to move to were labor is cheaper with no financial consequence. if you want to move to a country where labor is cheaper, fine. just expect import tariffs on your products. NAFTA basically allows companies to move and not get charged tariffs on their products they produce in other countries. take money out of my pocket and we'll take money out of yours...seems fair to me.

The fair thing is supposed to be that prices for products made cheaply abroad must be low... Which would counterbalance the loss of capital in your home country by increasing buying power of your home citizens. Unfortunately that's not the case at all, and the only thing happening is increase in profit of major companies... Which is fucked up...
Theoretically, this should be auto regulated in a full and complete capitalistic state, with free concurrence, free trade, etc. Indeed, if Nike decides price for their XXX shoes is $100 (cost of production maybe $10), then in a (theoretical) free trade world, China (or whoever else) could sell its shoes for a waaaaaaaaay cheaper price, making Nike's profit model unviable, and therefore down the shitter.
But we cannot afford having a fully trade system like that yet, cause it's just completely impossible seeing the state of the world right now...

Quote from: Variable on Jul 29, 2008, 12:41 AM
They have enough money.  Its time to give jobs back to your average joe american.

I would agree with that, but in all honesty, do you think your average joe american take any kind of jobs ?
I don't know about your country, but I know that would NEVER happen in France... But France is a shitty country anyway, and people there are mainly arrogant lazy cunts, so I'm not sure how it would be in the other countries...

Variable

Well I dont know.  America was built on industry.  I am mainly speaking to factory jobs and what not that have been shipped over seas.  Those jobs were all held by americans at one point.  I dont see why they would not take them again.  The fucked up part is that the US government has done nothing to protect these jobs.  Oh sure we are quick to hand out food stamps and welfare and get a warm fuzzy about how we are helping those in need.  But fuck me and call me a communist for trying to protect their actual jobs and allow them to support themselves. 

And I agree with the other part of your post ( props on your intelligence ) except for the part about how making cheaper products will counterbalance the loss of jobs.  If you aren't making any money, then it doesn't really matter how much money you COULD save because of the cheaper product.  Because you dont have any money to spend on that cheaper product anyways.

I personally would rather pay a little bit more for a product as long as I knew it was all going back into my economy and I was supporting the jobs and incomes of my fellow americans.  And I wouldn't hold it against any other country doing the same for their citizens. 

13hourstoparadise

I used to have a $160 dollar a day (for almost two years) habbit. Fuck oxycontin.

Depeleted my 401K and all my income, which is why I don't own a house.

Variable

plus your pimp got real physical about it all

samson simpson

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jul 30, 2008, 11:40 PM
Depeleted my 401K and all my income, which is why I don't own a house.

thats awesome
stbu