Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Tennis Thread

Started by Deftones-88-05-Deftones, Jul 06, 2008, 11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

I dont know if this done before but well is open now again.
Did anyone watch the Wimbledon final today? What a great match !!! 4hours 30min !!!!
Great game by Nadal and Federer, lets hope to see another final like this.
Great great match !
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

lithium

caught the last hour or so.. great finale, federer was a very gracious runner up
💩

bright lights, big city

yeah it was pretty good, was flipping between that and my white sox game. And I think maybe like golf's US Open this year, it'll be good for the sport to have such a legendary championship match.
I know I was impressed and I just recently got into tennis.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Gherde

Grande Rafa!!!!!!!!!!!!

goldpony

i liked the womens finale more, tho the mens was awesome.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

bright lights, big city

so the williams sisters are pretty good at tennis
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Corleone

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 08, 2008, 01:21 AM

Yeah they could give alot of guys trouble... maybe they are men?

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Corleone on Jul 08, 2008, 01:27 AM

hahaha yes....yes they are
DERP

nonesuch

Im a huge Tennis fan and have been watching Rafa and Fed battle it out for years and i have to say it was the BEST tennis match i have ever seen.  And to top last years final seemed impossible.  Rafa is 12-6 against Fed now,  it might be time to just go ahead and say he is the best in the world
i drink your milkshake

goldpony

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 08, 2008, 01:33 AM
Quote from: Corleone on Jul 08, 2008, 01:27 AM

hahaha yes....yes they are

noooooooooooooooooooo. serena is on my short list of who i want to fuck before i die ;D that ass is off the chain
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

black coffee

it was a great Final. it'll be interesting to see if Federer can hold his #1 ranking or drops it to Nadal. Hopefully we'll see a showdown at the US Open again between these two ...

yet the Williams sisters won't have too much of a chance against a male player. that's simply how it is. men are the better tennis players, anyone ranked in the top 100 will beat a woman ranked inside the top 5.

goldpony

while i agree with the above statement, i think the williams sisters could beat a lot of men. i think federer and nadal are out of their league, but the rest of the mens field wouldnt stand a chance
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

black coffee

well, it's all good. I like opinions, that's why I visit message boards. but I guess you don't play tennis yourself, because you would know better then (:

bangbang240

Quote from: black coffee on Jul 13, 2008, 03:53 PM
it was a great Final. it'll be interesting to see if Federer can hold his #1 ranking or drops it to Nadal. Hopefully we'll see a showdown at the US Open again between these two ...

Well, now that Federer has lost in early rounds his next 2 tournaments it looks like Nadal will be the new Number 1 by next week.

black coffee

yes after his win in the Quarters of Cincy he'll be the new #1 by August 18th. I think it doesn't even matter if he beats Djokovic today. Nadal is such a tremendous player.

nonesuch

Nadal may just end of the GOAT, not federer,  (I know this prediction is extremely early, but the kid does have 5 majors at 22 and has a 12-6 record against Fed) who could have predicted Feds nemesis might just be greater than him? 

Actually i take that back, he obviously, statistically is much better than him.(He beat him on his own favorite surface)
i drink your milkshake

deafnotes

some say perverts prefer to watch women playing tennis lol

whodunit?

what!? Penis thread!?

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

I was expecting to see Nadal - Federer on the final of the US Open but I never saw Murray coming :O !
I hope Federer wins the final tomorrow.
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

deftonekid

Quote from: Deftones-88-05-Deftones on Sep 08, 2008, 01:09 AM
I was expecting to see Nadal - Federer on the final of the US Open but I never saw Murray coming :O !
I hope Federer wins the final tomorrow.

Same here, but Murray played good against Nadal.

But now Federer is the champion for fifht time. He won really easy, just 3 sets and less than 2 hours match, it was a cool game tho.