Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Disc Golf

Started by Fireal1222, Jul 15, 2008, 11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireal1222

do any of you guys play.. its a really really fun sport if your unfamiliar with it

the rules are just like golf. and the course is just like a golf course. except instead of shooting into a hole. its a basket

and instead of using clubs and balls. you use. disc golf frisbees

the sport is a great way to get outdoors. and its really fun once you start getting good at it.

just wondering how many of you guys play. and if you do. you should post pics of your local courses

this is the course i played yesterday. frances e walter dam... its a nice course. but not nearly as nice as the other course in the area

the picture above is the drive into the course. usually im taking a few hits off the bowl when we are driving past that photo

this is a photo of hole 2 at frances e walter dam.. the box is where u shoot from. and up and around the trees to the left is where the hole is

i lost one of my discs on that hole yesterday. i was pissed. luckily i found a new one while looking for the one i lost

the other park nearby we have a disc golf course at is called hickory run.. the course is just beautiful. and its great cause their are trails everywhere. so you can just pop off and smoke a nice pipe at a waterfall like this

anyway. i highly recommend you guys who dont play disc golf. start

edit*

cool i found some videos from people playing disc golf at the hickory run course.. there are tournaments and all you can watch on youtube

heres a great intro video

these guys are playing at my favorite course
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OMwdLVt_MbY

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Crazylegs

Looks kinda fun, but I'd rather play regular golf.

Fireal1222

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jul 15, 2008, 11:52 PM
Looks kinda fun, but I'd rather play regular golf.

regular golf is fun as well

but you have to pay to play regular golf

disc golf is free.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Crazylegs

bright lights, big city

YESSS! i had no idea anyone else played! i picked this up like 2 years ago, and it is a blast
my buddies and i get out and play at least once a week
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Fireal1222

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 16, 2008, 02:15 AM
YESSS! i had no idea anyone else played! i picked this up like 2 years ago, and it is a blast
my buddies and i get out and play at least once a week

yep. that sounds just like me. we play once or more a week depending on how much i am working

great to hear that you play. u should post some pics of your courses

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

4th Eye

I've tried this couple of times, was fun indeed.

There's only one course in my town but apparently they are building (/have built?) another course this summer.

bright lights, big city

yeah we're kind of lucky here, there are 3 courses within about 10 minutes of my place, and then some other real good ones out near where i went to college
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Fireal1222

i've been doing a lot of traveling to check out some courses that pennsylvania has to offer. there are some awesome ones

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

scatterbrain

i used to play this alot with my dealer,found it strange at first but a fun sport
im me and thats all ill ever be