Stoner/Sludge/Doom

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jul 17, 2008, 04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

How come you don't listen to Norska?

Norska - Cholera

Crazylegs

Crazylegs

I think the "new" the Mire album is pretty good. What do you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efxV8k9CrxM

Crazylegs

God damn this place is beyond slow nowadays? First ever quadruplepost, it had to be done because:

YOB - Coming September 2014

Fucking YES!

bright lights, big city

I'll break your streak. Yob is awesome, and just hearing that new riffage has me fully torqued.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

TheyCallMeP

Alright, I need some good sludge recommendations. Anyone able to list off two or three groups for me? I've only heard a few acts (EyeHateGod and Acid Bath) and want to dig deeper.

bright lights, big city

I guess I'd count Intronaut as sludge-ish. Kylesa, Neurosis,  Black Tusk. Is Baroness considered sludge? Either way listen to them.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

Baroness is definitely sludge. Early Mastodon too. Anyway this:

Neurosis The Doorway

this
Melvins - Hooch

and this
Quote from: Crazylegs on Mar 03, 2014, 06:08 PM
How come you don't listen to Norska?

Norska - Cholera

Crazylegs

bright lights, big city

DERP

Crazylegs

It's retardedly good. The riffage is strong in these guys.

bright lights, big city

For real. Atma was among my favorites in 2011 I believe. Now they strike again... this is quite simply, the tits.
DERP

Crazylegs

I was kinda lucky how i got into these guys. I wen't to a smoke sale in a record store i frequent and got atma on vinyl for hella cheap, like 70% off, before i ever really heard them. I was sold 100% after the first listen.

Diplo

Thanks for the discovery of Yob, I love it !

bright lights, big city

Another good and recent album similar to Yob is Pallbearer - Foundations of Burden http://uploaded.net/file/qp2zu9lx

http://youtu.be/LTTt-ikVJSk
DERP

Crazylegs

I love Pallbearer until the vocalist opens his mouth and it suddenly sounds like dragonforce. I wish they were an instrumental band.

Diplo

Yeah, I always have some troubles with this kind of voice. Nice but boring.

theis

Strange, I really like his voice. Love the new album.

Anyone digging the new Earth album?

Crazylegs

haven't gotten around to it yet. Any good?

theis

Yeah, it's great. The guest vocals gives a nice touch...especially the song with Mark Lanegan rules!