Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Stoner/Sludge/Doom

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jul 17, 2008, 04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

God it's been so long since I felt so behind on music. Gonna check out dat Goatsnake and Uncle Acid.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

BillyNo.9

Don't really know if this falls into a specific genre here but there are some pretty dirty/ sludgy elements to these guys. A little know Jordie trio called We Are Knuckle Dragger

https://youtu.be/SimM4ZEwf4U

Crazylegs

Best doom i've heard from my neck of the woods. That's not saying much, but believe me when i say it's good as fuck! The final track makes gives me half a chub.

! No longer available

theis

I trust most music that comes from your neck of the woods...and Sweden, so I'm gonna check this out!

Btw, Kvelertak is in the process of recording a new album. Woo! I saw Trolljegeren again some days ago and I love when Mjöd kicks in at the end credits.

Edit: Listening now. Great stuff! Reminds me a bit of YOB.

bright lights, big city

That is pretty great. Is this their only album?

And for real, Scandinavia is just the ultimate origin region for a good chunk of my favorite bands. Every genre of metal, even some of the pop music from your region I've heard over the years is totally legit.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 21, 2016, 03:37 PM
That is pretty great. Is this their only album?

And for real, Scandinavia is just the ultimate origin region for a good chunk of my favorite bands. Every genre of metal, even some of the pop music from your region I've heard over the years is totally legit.
Yeah, as far as i know this is their first proper release.

Quote from: theis on Jan 21, 2016, 12:13 PM
I trust most music that comes from your neck of the woods...and Sweden, so I'm gonna check this out!

Btw, Kvelertak is in the process of recording a new album. Woo! I saw Trolljegeren again some days ago and I love when Mjöd kicks in at the end credits.

Edit: Listening now. Great stuff! Reminds me a bit of YOB.

Can't wait for more Kvelertak!
Glad you like Reptile Master, man. They released their album on this little label called Blues for the Red Sun (wonder what the inspiration for that name was) which just started up in 2014, and there are only three bands and a few releases so far. I recommend checking out The Devil and the Almighty Blues from this label as well. They sound like their name.

! No longer available

theis

Sweet!

Have you listened to the new Monolord? One of my favorite doom releases last year. It's called "Vænir".

Crazylegs

I haven't, thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

theis

Crazylegs

I gave Vænir a listen yesterday. Really solid stuff! Kinda reminds me of Acid King at times, which is definitely a good thing.

theis

Agoraphobic Nosebleed have gone from grind to dirty as fuck sludge. Damn, this is good!

!Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Arc (EP)

Diplo

So good !
If you know bands like this one... I take it

theis

Quote from: Diplo on Jan 25, 2016, 02:39 PM
So good !
If you know bands like this one... I take it

Eyehategod have a kind of similar sound. Dirty, sludgy, heavy.

Crazylegs

Do any of you have the OM/Current 93 split with "The Rays of the Sun/To the Shrinebuilder"? I can't find it anywhere other than youtube.

Crazylegs

Another Label i usually find have a pretty high success-rate with me is the El Paraiso records from Theis' neck of the woods. This is from an upcoming album by the band Causa Sui: ! No longer available Stoked to hear the rest of that album for sure. Another good band of theirs is Papir. ! No longer available

theis

New SUMAC. Hot damn! Heavier than a bulldozer.

! No longer available

Crazylegs

Diplo

Diplo

Crazylegs

solid riffage. Thanks for that!