Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Stoner/Sludge/Doom

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jul 17, 2008, 01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

yeah, thanks I like it. was needing some new doom to listen to, and this hit the spot.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

I know Theis is already up on it. But if you haven't checked out the new Sumac record, do it now. Some of the heaviest tunes I've ever heard. Image of Control is nuts!

theis

'What One Becomes' is easily my favorite album this year. I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO IT!!!

A goddamn masterpiece.

bright lights, big city

alright bros, I guess I'll go check this out.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

new video from True Widow:

! No longer available

Album cums out in september.

theis

Diplo

Helms Alee - Galloping Mind Fuk
! No longer available

So GOOD.

Crazylegs

krook

I hate White Pony.

Crazylegs

Shit, why are you putting me on trial here?

theis

! No longer available

DAMN!

YOB sounds absolutely incredible live. CAN'T wait for their Copenhagen gig in two weeks. Gonna be amazing.

Crazylegs

LUCKY!

This is the second time in a few years that i won't be able to go see them. Dude, Atma is even better without the spoken bit, with mike just riding that riff on his own.

theis

Atma is such a massive song.

I love his voice in it and he kills it live. When he goes into the growl "chorus"... that shit gives me chills. "To the CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL" CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG!

bright lights, big city

Man that is awesome. Never seen them live, but that video is impressive.
DERP

theis

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 31, 2016, 09:44 PM
Man that is awesome. Never seen them live, but that video is impressive.

HIGH FIVE

theis

The YOB concert last friday was amazing.. beyond words.. mesmerizing and awe inspiring. This band is something special.

Bought ATMA and Clearing the Path To Ascend on vinyl, a shirt and a pin for my leatherjacket. I'm broke now, haha! Worth it.

Crazylegs

Fuck yeah, that's what money's for. Yob kick more ass than most.

theis

Quote from: Crazylegs on Sep 21, 2016, 07:31 PM
Fuck yeah, that's what money's for. Yob kick more ass than most.

Hells yeah!

people are people

We've been on a roll lately of weak albums released, a true invasion with cheesy bands releasing shite music, on other hand. Holy Mountain, cool stuff. Proper Review: "This Scottish three-piece emerged on the scene in 2012 with a penchant for old-school heavy metal and a desire to tear up any stage they were on with their brand of hard-hitting riffs and explosive cosmic atmospherics, making them a premier group in the stoner/desert rock genre. They didn't waste any time either on the mind numbing, anthropomorphous debut album Earth Measures, creating a vortex into other realms on tracks like the epically destructive, Hendrix inspired 'Swiftly F**kwits Pts I & 2' or the instant hit opener 'Gunner, showing the raw potential that this band had so early on in their career. They cranked the sound dials up even further in 2014 with the release of Ancient Astronauts, an album of unfathomable weight as evidenced by the darkly bewitching, blunt hammer blows of 'Star Kings' or the spaced out, vocal summoning of the title track - examples of just how expertly Holy Mountain weave their fantastic mythology into their musical output. The burning intensity of Holy Mountain's guitar playing is searing on the slow-moving, stone pillar '100 Miles A Day' or the breakneck speed transitioning, riff monster 'Gift Giver', helping to concoct a record of ear shattering bliss. Rumors suggest a new album will hit this year, making 2016 one to relish for fans of earthshaking, retro heaviness."