Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

watchmen

Started by theis, Jul 20, 2008, 10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timekeeperclaudia

I saw Watchmen, with no previous interest in any type of action/superhero movies, and I enjoyed it.  Thoroughly. 

;)

wither-I

this movie is a propogandist piece of dog shit. pure evil. global domination... and there aint noting we can to aboout it.

in the end... we accept it as "our nature"

"coming into the nearness of distance"

bebo

OMG IT HAS IMMORAL OVERTONES BURN IT

wither-I

Quote from: bebo on Mar 12, 2009, 11:45 PM
if this is sarcastic you obviously do not see.

there is so much free mason/illuminati influence in this movie its disgusting. i like to think that the "elite" such as the free masons and illuminati are sparsely even real, like the dying "kkk". but if there is this much influence in the movie it scares the living fuck out of me!. and im def not a "moralisT" though i do believe in good and love.
even the beggining sequence with the "watchmen" being involved in every "major" event; e.g. the kennedy assasination!
i thought i would see some sort of retribution in the end of the movie with GOOD prevailing over these evil powers, but in the end everything just comes to a stale mate and  everyone becomes complacent with the current situation of an evil world, and the attitude of "just dealing with it" along with the "peace" bullshit at the end, like the world finds peace through global war. i mean, im not a religious person but that has straight up "antichrist" written all over it.
i would not be making a big deal out of this if i didnt see it so evidently.
especially with the tower of bable and washington monument in fucking antartica where rourchache *(sp?) dies in the end. i mean what else are they trying to prove?? even when dr. manhatten (after destroying new york) -says; "it's been made to look like i did it"... how can i not relate this to 9/11. and then he zips away to another galaxy to live happily ever after. and even when he was in vietnam smoking the vietnamese with the comedian like they're playig fucking checkers!

i mean, this movie is actually straight fucking evil bruh. how would you like if some other country came into the us and murdered MILLIONS of people just to MOCK it some odd years later in a fantastical "superhero" movie. fucking garabage man it makes me sick that anyone should watch this movie ever.
and i thought the movie was actually not that bad. but the but this isnt controversial stuff, this is blantantly sadistic.

things are getting very very dangerous in the world moreso than ever -and they laugh in our face!!
nothing good will EVER come of this movie or our current situation. im frankly scared. and we're in deep trouble, but dont say i didnt say so...

what about the kids... evil is made...

lithium

💩

theis

wither-I

turn your face to the wall and laugh..

theis

bright lights, big city

like these couple guys, I just gotta disagree with you, wither-I. it is just a movie afterall, just a bunch of stuff that asks "what if?" also, if it matters, the whole thing is supposed to be in "an alternate universe". Good thinking though, on the connections to real life. Even when I saw the twin towers and at the end NYC getting obliterated, I never really thought of 9/11. Funny thing is, is that this was written about 25 years ago, when the Cold War was still going on, and obviously before 9/11.

I just thought it was a great popcorn movie: cool effects, badass fighting, and an interesting story. I was happy with it, even though it wasn't a 4-star classic.

Oh and I thought the Kennedy assassination was fuckin cool. that opening credit sequence was the best opening for any movie.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lithium

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Mar 13, 2009, 09:22 PM
like these couple guys, I just gotta disagree with you, wither-I. it is just a movie afterall, just a bunch of stuff that asks "what if?" also, if it matters, the whole thing is supposed to be in "an alternate universe". Good thinking though, on the connections to real life. Even when I saw the twin towers and at the end NYC getting obliterated, I never really thought of 9/11. Funny thing is, is that this was written about 25 years ago, when the Cold War was still going on, and obviously before 9/11.

I just thought it was a great popcorn movie: cool effects, badass fighting, and an interesting story. I was happy with it, even though it wasn't a 4-star classic.

Oh and I thought the Kennedy assassination was fuckin cool. that opening credit sequence was the best opening for any movie.
spot on
💩

bebo

Quote from: wither-I on Mar 13, 2009, 06:23 PM

there is so much free mason/illuminati influence in this movie its disgusting. i like to think that the "elite" such as the free masons and illuminati are sparsely even real, like the dying "kkk". but if there is this much influence in the movie it scares the living fuck out of me!. and im def not a "moralisT" though i do believe in good and love.
even the beggining sequence with the "watchmen" being involved in every "major" event; e.g. the kennedy assasination!
i thought i would see some sort of retribution in the end of the movie with GOOD prevailing over these evil powers, but in the end everything just comes to a stale mate and  everyone becomes complacent with the current situation of an evil world, and the attitude of "just dealing with it" along with the "peace" bullshit at the end, like the world finds peace through global war. i mean, im not a religious person but that has straight up "antichrist" written all over it.
especially with the tower of bable and washington monument in fucking antartica where rourchache *(sp?) dies in the end. i mean what else are they trying to prove?? even when dr. manhatten (after destroying new york) -says; "it's been made to look like i did it"... how can i not relate this to 9/11. and then he zips away to another galaxy to live happily ever after. and even when he was in vietnam smoking the vietnamese with the comedian like they're playig fucking checkers!

i mean, this movie is actually straight fucking evil bruh. how would you like if some other country came into the us and murdered MILLIONS of people just to MOCK it some odd years later in a fantastical "superhero" movie. fucking garabage man it makes me sick that anyone should watch this movie ever.
and i thought the movie was actually not that bad. but the but this isnt controversial stuff, this is blantantly sadistic.

things are getting very very dangerous in the world moreso than ever -and they laugh in our face!!
nothing good will EVER come of this movie or our current situation. im frankly scared. and we're in deep trouble, but dont say i didnt say so...

no wai man i tottly believe u. im addin an extra layur to mai tinfoil hat rite nao.

devlin

sorry i'm a little late in this one.

Quote from: wither-I on Mar 13, 2009, 06:23 PM

you are reading way to much into this and seeing things that are not there.

as far as the kids go, evil can be made. but not from watching a movie, or watching tv, or listening to music. that is such bullshit. kids that are abused or tortured can grow up to be rapist or serial killers yes. but anyone who acts from a source of entertainment was already fucked up in the head.

i agree with you, except for the kennedy thing. i think that was a bit to much.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Completely agree.

Anyone who knows anything about Watchmen knows that the story can in no way reflect 9/11 as it was written IN FUCKING 1986.

Seriously dude, do some simple research before jumping to any ridiculous conclusions. You read to much into things. If anything, I think that GOOD comes out of the story as opposed to evil, as you say. It's about the human condition and how it's constantly at war with itself. It lays everything out on the table and that takes major balls.

wither-I

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Mar 16, 2009, 09:20 AM

Completely agree.

Anyone who knows anything about Watchmen knows that the story can in no way reflect 9/11 as it was written IN FUCKING 1986.

Seriously dude, do some simple research before jumping to any ridiculous conclusions. You read to much into things. If anything, I think that GOOD comes out of the story as opposed to evil, as you say. It's about the human condition and how it's constantly at war with itself. It lays everything out on the table and that takes major balls.
the decimation of new york by dr. manhattan is in the book? i thought the ending was different where it was like a huge vagina from outterspace or something??

i have not read the book. so let me know okay.

and you can all point out that one thing but try and lock down the other things i pointed out..

anyways the movie is still trash and yes movies do influence the psyche of young kids and adolescents..

just like bright lights big city thought; the assasination of jfk was "cool".

gun violence is cool especially when it mocks a real human being's once lived life.

as long as we have opinions like the ones im reading above, man continues to be a flawed and degenerate beast with horrid ambitions, and greed filth and murder between their legs.

turn your face to the wall and laugh.. the world has no chance with you in it.

oldgentlovecraft

Please, everybody drink the goddamn kool-aid already.

devilinside

lithium

Quote from: wither-I on Mar 16, 2009, 05:21 PM

Completely agree.

the decimation of new york by dr. manhattan is in the book? i thought the ending was different where it was like a huge vagina from outterspace or something??

and you can all point out that one thing but try and lock down the other things i pointed out..

anyways the movie is still trash and yes movies do influence the psyche of young kids and adolescents..

gun violence is cool especially when it mocks a real human being's once lived life.

as long as we have opinions like the ones im reading above, man continues to be a flawed and degenerate beast with horrid ambitions, and greed filth and murder between their legs.

This is a serious question, and in no way do I mean any disrespect, but what makes you any better? Or are all these faults in man that you point out your own. The reason I ask is because I don't get it, are you a very spiritual dude? What's your deal my friend?
💩

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

wither-I

Quote from: lithium on Mar 16, 2009, 08:47 PM
Quote from: wither-I on Mar 16, 2009, 05:21 PM

Completely agree.

This is a serious question, and in no way do I mean any disrespect, but what makes you any better? Or are all these faults in man that you point out your own. The reason I ask is because I don't get it, are you a very spiritual dude? What's your deal my friend?
as i see it "we" are "all" innately flawed.
and yes that includes me.

we are not free. not how we are intended to be. as man, we have not only enslaved the beautiful creatures of this earth and tormented the trees and the oceans deep with our insessant drilling, and prodding, and burning, and loathing (for more), -but we have also laid waste to ourselves in our petty quarrels.

if you can be aware, then you can understand. "knowing" is having no clue, and our pompous teachings only bring us that much further from the light and love.

i am no better for the daily moves i make. i pick up plastic from the store to secure my other plastic things in my home. i use money. i loath, and i loiter. i piss much of my time away here on the internet. i am still trying.

the things we are doing to our world (our mother) and eachother, is horrid to the most willful extreme.

when i call upon others to witness, I DO CALL UPON MYSELF! BECAUSE WE ARE ALL NEEDED IN THIS.

i am no better, and i wish my words would not come out as so... i merely try to influence, for perpetuating awareness.
and that is the first step. but we need to leap. there cannot be another day of stagnating. can you imagine?-if we all would consciously drop our machines, and war, and focus ALL of our energy from here on out to a better understanding of life and it's supernatural matters.
like i say; the beauty, is in -"not knowing". how else could life be so unmistakeable, and glorious and miracle.

so that is why i see us "all" as being innately flawed, -because we mistake life for something tangible and it's then taken for granted, as if the true blessing of "JUST BEING" is not enough for the spirit. we have become idle in our loathing, and it is our inquistions that confuse us further.

devlin

sooo basically your just a hypocrite. why don't you just concentrate on yourself and stop ranting at us to "laugh at walls" and "take of the blindfolds"