Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Projekt Revolution tour

Started by ablackswan, Jul 21, 2008, 02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corleone

Quote from: MarathonMan on Oct 03, 2008, 03:00 AM
I havn't read all the posts so this may sound stupid but CAN EVERBODY CALM THE HELL DOWN?!?!?! Okay look, firstly LP is not emo. Never have been never will. Their new album was made for themselves not for the ppl (although it would've been for the ppls and would've been much better if Rick Ruben wasn't stupid). Their new album is officially Alternative just like White Pony was when the first to albums were considered Metal.

Now as for who's better live none of them pwn each other no matter what you say (and LP has the ridiculously huge fan base to prove that they don't suck live whether you say they do or not). For current times (as in 2006 - 2008) I say LP wins because Deftones' SNW setlist was really mixed up and it was just kinda meh while LP played some awesome stuff (including a whole bunch of demos). From 2003 - 2005 I think LP just barely beat Deftones because LP was at their peak of greatness then plus Meteora had amazing new songs (for the LP fanz that is). From 2000-2002 I say it was tied. Now if the 1995-1999 Deftones were still playing now I have to give it to them cause it was phenomenal on how Deftones got the crowed all rowdy. If you don't believe me just watch Head Up Live at the Bizarre Fest 1998. I've never seen that many ppls falling off the railing while trying to crowed surf toward Chino.

And yea. There you go. Plz don't flame me. I'm not taking any sides here so...be nice...:)

What does having alot of fans have to do with being a good live act? You know who else has a large fan base? Hillary Duff... and Ashley Simpson.

The fans must know... the fans must know.

MarathonMan

Actually, I'm pretty sure they don't have a big fan base at all. And I'm not just talking about a slightly bigger fan base than the Deftones but they even beat Metallica in number of fanz.

BloodyKnifePrty

I saw them on the tour in '07, and they put on a great show.  The worst part of the tour then was My Chemical Romance, but I have to give them credit because they had some decent pyrotechnics.  That and the fact that it was 105 in the middle of August in an amphitheater in Atlanta.  That was brutal heat.  And I don't care if you don't like LP and think that I'm a shithead for liking them or any of the other bands that were on the tour.  I'm not forcing you to listen to them and I'm glad I don't have to listen to some of the stuff you all listen to.

Fireal1222

i was at the projekt revolution tour when cypress hill were on it. and LP still had some respect from me

now i wouldnt go to see that concert even if i had free tickets. and im serious

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

mr.sinister

ablackswan

yes it is, and it's so lame as usual
*Tous ensemble pour leur foutre au cul*

Quote from: VesanicJustin Bieber sounds like Adrenaline