Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

best batman

Started by goldpony, Jul 21, 2008, 11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldpony

so who do you think was the best batman? I know that the recent dark knight inspired batman is different from any other batman (two different sources) but i want to know who is your favorite. if anyone votes for clooney, their membership privledges are revoked ;D i vote for adam west, the best batman eva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

theis

adam west is laughable and shouldn't be considered in this poll.

Bale is, without a doubt, the best portrayal of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

tarkil

Voted Bayle too...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

devilinside

Val Kilmer was HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

bright lights, big city

Bale by a long shot....but it is funny that Kilmer and Clooney are awesome actors and have been in some good shit, but at the same time were both absolutely horrible as batman.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

untz untz untz

omgzzzz like da dark knight is da best movie evar!!!!!!!1111oneoneone

bale iz da best actor evar srsly

Corleone

Quote from: untz untz untz on Jul 22, 2008, 07:03 AM
omgzzzz like da dark knight is da best movie evar!!!!!!!1111oneoneone

bale iz da best actor evar srsly

awesome post

untz untz untz

Agreed.  Stop being jealous of me.

goldpony

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jul 21, 2008, 11:28 PM
adam west is laughable and shouldn't be considered in this poll.

Bale is, without a doubt, the best portrayal of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

you mean you didnt like the overacting and horrible scripting :D dont forget about the batusi
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Noia

ben

Kilmer was a pretty good Batman, unfortunately the movie he was in was terrible.

Bale.

fireflyry

Adam West kicked ass.

Given the context I love the old show.

I think all of the actors playing Batman have done a pretty good job and while I think Bale is right up there he has simply been given the best script, director and context thus far imo.

Given that the last two films have followed Frank Miller's darker theme I think any decent actor would have been the popular choice for the fact they were simply in vastly superior movies that actually focused on the theme of the comics.The fact they are also the more recent doesn't hurt either.

I vote Keaton as I found his portrayal more convincing especially in terms of highlighting Batman's/Bruce Wayne's flaws and he doesn't come across as one-dimensional as the others did.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

devilinside

I just fucking hate that horrid voice Bale does when he's Batman....uugh

fireflyry

Yeah I noticed that too.

Sounds like he's taking a huge crap.

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Aug 14, 2008, 01:20 AM
I just fucking hate that horrid voice Bale does when he's Batman....uugh
Yeah, but its realistic.  I mean, would you seriously not recognize the voice of the guy you were dating just because he dressed up?  Or a billionaire who bushes shoulders with everyone in gotham.  No one would recognize his voice?  Plus it's a command voice.  Like a marine would do when ordering drill.  The joker did it too.  In that video when he had that batman impersonator.  He was like " look at me, look at me, ( then in his command voice) LOOK AT ME" sounded nothing like him, but it was very intimidating.  I like the fact that they recognize that disguising your voice is as much a part of hiding your identity as black eyeliner.

Variable

Quote from: ben on Aug 13, 2008, 11:58 PM
Kilmer was a pretty good Batman, unfortunately the movie he was in was terrible.
I agree

fireflyry

Batman should have a powerful and intimidating voice to assist in the deception and reinforcement of the alter-ego but that can be expressed and disguised without volume or sounding like you are on the verge of soiling yourself.

The Joker did it because he has nothing to hide and he's a nutbar that is angry at everything all the time.

Chaotically erratic violence and impulsive emotion juxtaposed by Batman's emotionally absent and highly controlled vigilantism.

Thats one aspect Keaton nailed, he let the presence, reputation and "urban myth" ideology of Batman do the intimidating and deception while using a controlled and subtle vocal style to reinforce he was a bad mofo regardless of the situation/scenario he was facing.

To me thats way more intimidating than Bales "Me Batman...me angry!!!!" voice that seems overly fraught with emotion.Batman should be a cold and emotionless character.Bales vocal take contradicts that.

To me he comes across as being pumped up on speed while needing go poopoo bad.

As for being recognized that is an aspect any comic fan seems to take with an acceptable grain of salt in the DC universe else Superman, Batman, etc, etc wouldn't leave home without a full face mask and a vocoder.

Comics ftw.

Variable

I don't know.  It just worked for me.  Its probably a military thing.  I mean you are supposed to respect rank ( like you might the bat suit) but its those with high rank who really demand the respect that get it.  I mean there are lots of different kinds of respect.  But if you think someone is genuinely intelligent, AND a major bad ass at the same time, you tend to follow when shit hits the fan.  I just saw that, and a voice disguise as the reason Bale did that.

All this being said though.  I really don't think Bale is that good of a Bruce Wane or Batman.

Runs With The Spirit

bale. no. hes just trying to sell his funny face. he just gets the best scripts. The best person to die after make a hit award goes to Heath Ledger forever. type of the game ever to be reached besides jesus before death. Michael Keaton is the best batman though for real.

Variable

Its comforting to know that no matter how many times you leave.  You come back just as stupid.