Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Where on earth have you been?

Started by nonesuch, Jul 30, 2008, 11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nonesuch

Ive noticed there are people from all over the world on this forum and I want to start a topic for the world travelers.

So, where are you now, where are you from, where have you been, what's your favorite city (country) in the world, where are you going (want to go)?

Im from New Orleans, have been all over America, lived in Taiwan for 3 months, visited Hong Kong, stayed in Singapore for a while, am currently in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and am heading to Thailand.

I plan on going to Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Burma, before heading west.
i drink your milkshake

Variable

I am from Albuquerque, NM.  I have pretty much been all over the east and west coast of the states.  And a few states here and there towards mind americs ( Kansas, Oklahoma, Illinois)

I have been to mexico a few times, never Canada though.  The Bahamas, Dominican republic, Puerto Rico, I currently live in Okinawa, Japan.  I have been to tokyo, guam, Afghanistan, Kuwait, and Kyrgzistan.  I think that's it. 

I guess I want to go to pretty much anywhere. Iraq is next on the list though. 

lostpilot

I live in Lithuania, it's in Europe, and yes, most probably most of you never heard of it. I dislike my home country as well..

I haven't been much abroad - only to Ireland, England, Russia, Poland, Latvia. My favourite city abroad? It would be Dublin, because I am planning to live there in about three years, full time.

I would like to visit eastern countries (Thailand? Japan? China?), Iceland!!, and maybe USA.

ToneDef

Live in England

I've visited France, USA, Spain and the Czech Republic

goldpony

im from ohio, i have lived in boston, have been all over the east coast (mass, maine, vermont, rhode island). ive been to texas and new mexico. as most of you know, i just visited philly and have relatives in new castle, pa. as far as abroad, ive been to canada twice (niagra and algonquin national park), italy (rome, florence, capri) and greece (athens and some resort town on the aegean).

i would really like to travel all over europe, east and west, north and south. my dream trip is japan. my wife and i plan on going to italy (shes never been) if we ever have enough $

oh, and i want to go to austraila and have some shrimp on the barbie :D
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Oldnewtype

im from louisiana and ive been stuck here my entire life

nonesuch

ah Italy and greece,   definitely the two countries i want to visit the most.  Well all over Europe actually

variable, i actually have gained a lot of respect for you,  sorry for the heated exchange on the other topic, but you did directly insult me and my home state,  but wow   "guam, Afghanistan, Kuwait, and Kyrgzistan"    thats an impressive list (even if it it wasn't by choice).   I'm actually hanging out with a girl from Okinawa at my hostel in Kuala Lumpur right now, i hear its beautiful.  And i went to Haiti (the other side of the Dominican Republic) on a missionary trip when I was young.  I bet its a lot nicer on that side

oldnewtype -  you've never left Louisiana? not even mississippi or texas?
i drink your milkshake

pissedandpierced

France, Spain, Gran Canaria, Tunisia and Amsterdam. I'm going to Amsterdam again in November then again next may then next oct/nov LA and Mexico and back to Amsterdam again next November.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

nonesuch

Damn, the Dam.  That's another spot I must go to.  (and yes I am pot smoker)
i drink your milkshake

bright lights, big city

from Chicago, visited all over the US, been to London and France.
and Chicago is still probably my favorite city

i'd like to get to Iceland and Greece someday
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

White Pwny

I'm born and raised in Illiniois.  Been to... Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, Tennessee,  North Carolina, Alabama, Florida and Missouri.   Yep, that's it.   I'm not too much of a traveler.... but I so wanna go back to North Carolina.  <3
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

13hourstoparadise

Born: Seattle

I've been in every state of the US, most just driven through or stopped at the airport.

Traveled all over Mexico and parts of Canada... I lived in Torreon, Mexico for two months, I enjoyed it. Canada was weak. No offense, but the accent really really bugs me... I can't get past it. To me it feels like they speak like that to bother me.

Where I want to live: Honolulu

Worst state: Kansas (I actually heard this line from a cop, "you ani't from around here are you boy?")

Favorite: Hawaii

I used to live in Santa Cruz, CA. I loved the area, the traffic sucked. Santa Cruz beach was cool, but stank or seaweed something awful.

Nailec

how does canadian accent sound like?

im from germany and have seen some european countries as france, italy, swiss, austria, poland, denmark, norway, sweden, hungary.

i have to say im pretty sick of countrysides that just offer mountains, rocks and stuff like that. i like forrests and liveley cities with a good offer in culture.

id like to freshen up my englisch in america one time and i also would like to train some martial art in korea or japan or even thailand/cambodia or malaysia. and i also like fish which those countries offer too

tarkil

Hmmm, lived in France (in many different places all over the country, and visited the rest), in Tokyo (6 months), and am now living in Hong Kong (for the past year and a half). Plan on living there permanently, at least until my next move (which will not be back to France).

Visited US (Florida) when I was a kid but cannot remember shit (obviously), Holland (Amsterdam), Spain (Madrid, Barcelona, Mallorca, Ibiza), England (London), Germany (Munchen), Luxembourg, Greece (Athens, Crete), Japan (Tokyo, Shimoda, Nagano), Taiwan (Taipei), China (Hainan island, Beijing, Shenzen), Philippines (Boracay, Manila), Korea (whatever shitty ski resort it was), Mongolia (Ulaan Baatar, steppes).

I may be forgetting stuff, but that's about it...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Nailec on Jul 31, 2008, 01:20 AM
how does canadian accent sound like?

Instead of about, they say a boot...

In all honesty I think most Canadians are much kinder people than americans, much more laid back. So really I'm just nit picky.

Just saw this and thought it was funny.

4th Eye

Quote from: tarkil on Jul 31, 2008, 04:31 AM
and am now living in Hong Kong (for the past year and a half)

Oh, how the time flies....

I live in Finland. Lived in this same city since birth.

Been to US (Chicago, St. Louis, Quad Cities), Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Hungary, Austria, England, Ireland, Croatia, Estonia and Latvia.

Planning on going to probably Poland (Warsaw) or Czech Republic (Prague) soon.  

tarkil

Quote from: 4th Eye on Jul 31, 2008, 07:40 AM
Quote from: tarkil on Jul 31, 2008, 04:31 AM
and am now living in Hong Kong (for the past year and a half)

Oh, how the time flies....

Don't tell me about it....   :-\

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Jacob

born in Sweden. been all over most of Sweden. traveled to Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, The Azores, Croatia, England, Holland, Denmark, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Hungary.... and passed through a few places on the way. so yeah, I've never been outside of Europe, but I've seen almost every part of Europe.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

whodunit?

Quote from: bored on Jul 30, 2008, 01:26 PM
I live in Lithuania, it's in Europe, and yes, most probably most of you never heard of it. I dislike my home country as well..

I've always thought you were Norwegian, hahaha...

born in Poland. I was in Germany, Ukraine, Czech Republic, France, Italy, UK, the Netherlands, Austria. I think that's all.

lostpilot

Quote from: whodunit? on Jul 31, 2008, 12:58 PM
I've always thought you were Norwegian, hahaha...

and why is that?:)