Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PROTEST THE HERO ANYONE?

Started by creature, Aug 02, 2008, 08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

creature

did a search and these guys havent been talked about on here for almost 2 years now...anyone else into them??

[youtube=425,350]bcNWXDfKMnM[/youtube]
Bloodmeat

[youtube=425,350]AEn8HmgJxd4[/youtube]
Heretics and Killers (my fav. song and video)

[youtube=425,350]tREg7dG0AbQ[/youtube]
Divine Suicide of K

[youtube=425,350]ypCdGNe3Bvs[/youtube]
Sequoia Throne

bright lights, big city

uhhh yeah, Fortress is shred-tastic
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

alvarezbassist17

you lie, i talk about pth grips

indychinoluv

They're awsome. Its great to ses some truley original, technical metal commeing out.

Fortress is a goldmine of excellant riffs.

love this band

phil for real

Good band.  Something keeps me from loving them though, might be the vocals, not sure.  But crazy riffs and basslines.

bright lights, big city

Turn Soonest to the Sea came up on my ipod today...really is a spectacular song
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

I bought Fortress about a month ago.  Prior to this I was a casual fan and had seen them once live.  Holy hell is this cd great.  I've been listening to it non stop. At first each song kind of blends together but it truly takes a few listens to hear every single nook and cranny of each song.  There is so much going on in each song.  Very entertaining band. 

theis

gave them a listen recently. very interesting band.

i like what i'm hearing.

Fxst

they're cool man!

i love protest the hero
one love

Jacob

gave them a listen a while back and thought they sounded really dull. I'll check out those videos later and see if I've changed my mind.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

give their album "fortress" a listen.

bright lights, big city

Fortress is probably the better album, but I still think the best song is "Turn Soonest to the Sea" from Kezia. i dont know what it is about that song.
DERP

theis

haha im trying to learn some of their songs on bass. goddamnit, shit's hard!

been listening to fortress on repeat.

bright lights, big city

that might be the greatest sig ever ^^^
DERP

Jizzlobber

Wow, pretty good band!!!

I think i have a new obsession!
<

theis

defskull

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 14, 2008, 03:24 PM
Fortress is probably the better album, but I still think the best song is "Turn Soonest to the Sea" from Kezia. i dont know what it is about that song.

Definitely my favorite song from Kezia.  But yeah, Fortress is amazing.  It's amazingly complex.  I love it.

Corleone

pretty popular here in canada

Jizzlobber

Fuck man, ever since i read this thread , ive been listening to PTH on YT every hour of the day, i looked for their albums at the shops but couldnt find them or they sold out or something...damn...love the drums!! and the vocals..and the guitars...fuck even the bass!! cant believe i let a band like this slip through my radar

<

bright lights, big city

awesome ^^

do you guys like the Human Abstract? they are pretty similar to PTH.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=9021312

the songs off of "Nocturne" are much better than their new one "Midheaven"
DERP