Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

i-911 and the i-patriot act?

Started by Oldnewtype, Aug 06, 2008, 02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldnewtype

Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Amazing revelations have emerged concerning already existing government plans to overhaul the way the internet functions in order to apply much greater restrictions and control over the web.

Lawrence Lessig, a respected Law Professor from Stanford University told an audience at this years Fortune's Brainstorm Tech conference in Half Moon Bay, California, that "There's going to be an i-9/11 event" which will act as a catalyst for a radical reworking of the law pertaining to the internet.

Lessig also revealed that he had learned, during a dinner with former government Counter Terrorism Czar Richard Clarke, that there is already in existence a cyber equivalent of the Patriot Act, an "i-Patriot Act" if you will, and that the Justice Department is waiting for a cyber terrorism event in order to implement its provisions.

During a group panel segment titled "2018: Life on the Net", Lessig stated:

There's going to be an i-9/11 event. Which doesn't necessarily mean an Al Qaeda attack, it means an event where the instability or the insecurity of the internet becomes manifest during a malicious event which then inspires the government into a response. You've got to remember that after 9/11 the government drew up the Patriot Act within 20 days and it was passed.

The Patriot Act is huge and I remember someone asking a Justice Department official how did they write such a large statute so quickly, and of course the answer was that it has been sitting in the drawers of the Justice Department for the last 20 years waiting for the event where they would pull it out.

Of course, the Patriot Act is filled with all sorts of insanity about changing the way civil rights are protected, or not protected in this instance. So I was having dinner with Richard Clarke and I asked him if there is an equivalent, is there an i-Patriot Act just sitting waiting for some substantial event as an excuse to radically change the way the internet works. He said "of course there is".

read the rest here   http://www.infowars.com/?p=3753

Variable

oh my.  I haven't even read this yet and im pretty sure my reply is going to start with something like " you're and idiot for believing this, and here is why.  Ill read it though, and give it a fair shot just for you.

Variable

dude, come on now.  If im going to give you the benefit of the doubt , you gota do better than that.  that video was like 1/19th of what that article was about.  And that part was all chopped up, and everyone else was looking at him like he was an idiot.  The video was more about world of warcraft and a bunch of guys trying to sound really smart and important than it was about any kind of Internet patriot act.

all you have is some guy saying that he had some conversation where some other guy speculated that someone was planning something.  No proof what so ever.  Just an empty theory.  Then whoever wrote the article about it took the little shred of info ( IE some guys saying something about something that something might happen someday) and wrote an article about what possibilities could come from it.

Its not that I dont believe something like this couldn't happen, but I need more than that.

untz untz untz

Alex Jones LOLZZZZZZZZZ

Guy is a fucking nutjob.

Variable

no kidding.  He took a small fragment of a video where three guys were talking about the possibilities of the future of the Internet and he wrote a whole fear mongering article about it.  Probably assuming that most people wouldn't actually watch the video and realize how bit of an idiot he is.

Oldnewtype

first of all, i didnt even bother watching the video.

second of all, alex jones didnt even write the article.

And I'm not saying it IS going to happen, im just saying imagine the possibility. I can't help but think about the day when i tell my kids "i remember back in the day when the internet use to be free, you could talk to anyone or read and learn about anything, find new music everywhere."

everytime i post something you assume im behind it 110% and am totally convinced and hiding in my basement fearing the takeover. This is never true, i just like to keep a broad range of life changing scenarios banked in an open mind.

Variable

Quote from: Variable on Aug 07, 2008, 05:37 AM
Probably assuming that most people wouldn't actually watch the video and realize how bit of an idiot he is.
Quote from: Oldnewtype on Aug 07, 2008, 02:22 PM
first of all, i didnt even bother watching the video.

Oldnewtype

i guess you were right all-knowing lord of knowledge. sorry for trespassing on your godly forums.

Fireal1222

yeah. all these conspiracy theories are even making me start to think you guys need to lay the weed down

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

untz untz untz

I just remember alex jones from years ago.  I lolled then just as I do now.

Variable

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Aug 07, 2008, 04:22 PM
i guess you were right all-knowing lord of knowledge. sorry for trespassing on your godly forums.
dont be mad at me.  You set yourself up for that one.

And Its cool that you post stuff like this.  Gives us something to talk about.  But you know....expect a respose.

Oldnewtype

oh i expect responses,

but i never get any from anyone except for you. i guess i should be glad at least someone is reading this.

and fireal i promise i dont smoke as much as you do. im always broke.

Jerry_Curls

I smoke everyday. That might have something to do with it....
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Variable

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Aug 08, 2008, 02:04 PM
oh i expect responses,

but i never get any from anyone except for you. i guess i should be glad at least someone is reading this.
im the board elected official to deal with this sort of thing.
Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Aug 08, 2008, 09:57 PM
I smoke everyday. That might have something to do with it....
maybe just a little bit

alvarezbassist17

i smoke every day too and i'm not paranoid about anything... but the cops

Variable

and I just called them on you

Variable

hey man.  You wouldnt happen to be , Leroy James Cooper, from the official board would you?  because if not, the two of you would get along great.  He is just as crazy as you