Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Russians started another war. Does anyone care?

Started by whodunit?, Aug 09, 2008, 12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wither-I

with whom?

or am i an idiot for not knowing?

"coming into the nearness of distance"

whodunit?

Jerry_Curls

Yeah man. The Mainstream media is only covering John Edwards personal life.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

lostpilot

I care. Cause my country, Lithuania, is near Russia. Almost all time of Lithuania's existence Russia tortured our country. During the wars, they took thousands of Lithuanian people to army for 25 years, very many people were banned to the North Russia, Siberia, to die of starvation there. For me, Russia is the worst enemy of us, Lithuanians.

Nobody ever worried about Russia that much, as we did - everyone thought about Hitler, when we had Stalin. And trust me, he was not too good to us.

Nailec

who said russia is starting a war.

georgia started to shoot its own people and russia takes care of them.

probablly russia isnt allowed to do this since they didnt declare war on georgia but this is probablly better than letting georgia do a genocide or whatever.

whodunit?

are you mad!??? are you watching Russian TV or Fox News!?

Ossetia is Georgian territory, but Russian influence spread over this piece of land. Russia wants to buttfuck another country.

Liek BORED said. Many countries were destructed because of Russia. Poland didn't even exist for 123 because Russia (and Germany and Austria) took our country. That's fucked up. I hope Georgians will do their bes and defend their country. I feel sorry for Georgian people.

Zevaka

Well, i'm sorry that foreign reviewers and tv channels think (or just say?) so^^
Osetian people WANT to be part of Russia (they want it since ussr collapse), and Georgia never allow them, so now Georgia (the whole country) started war against Osetia which has only about 70 000 people in there.

Yes, Russia supports Osetia with weapons, and i think it's fair.

That's not we who started the war. For years we offered Georgia to sign document according to which both sides promise not to start any conflict on border. Georgia always refused. They were definitely preparing to this war.

Really, i'm scared what propaganda you get there in Poland. And i'm sorry to see ur sig

Quote from: bored on Aug 09, 2008, 09:23 AM
I care. Cause my country, Lithuania, is near Russia. Almost all time of Lithuania's existence Russia tortured our country. During the wars, they took thousands of Lithuanian people to army for 25 years, very many people were banned to the North Russia, Siberia, to die of starvation there. For me, Russia is the worst enemy of us, Lithuanians.

Nobody ever worried about Russia that much, as we did - everyone thought about Hitler, when we had Stalin. And trust me, he was not too good to us.
afaik, now in Lithuania Russian/Ussr symbols are forbidden and have the same status as facists' symbols. It's absolutely ridiculous. Stalin took territory, Hitler took lives. Who's better? I think answer is obvious

Nailec

Quote from: whodunit? on Aug 09, 2008, 10:49 AM

Ossetia is Georgian territory, but Russian influence spread over this piece of land. Russia wants to buttfuck another country.

Liek BORED said. Many countries were destructed because of Russia. Poland didn't even exist for 123 because Russia (and Germany and Austria) took our country. That's fucked up. I hope Georgians will do their bes and defend their country. I feel sorry for Georgian people.

yeah its georgian territory, right. but is this alone a good argument for georgia to start shooting at those people and russian soldiers? i dont think so.

and what has all that to do with russias past?

i dont like the russian government either but i can understand its reaction to this conflict. there wouldnt be russian troops if there werent georgian i think.

whodunit?

Quote from: Zevaka on Aug 09, 2008, 11:03 AM
Really, i'm scared what propaganda you get there in Poland. And i'm sorry to see ur sig

propaganda in Poland? So I guess you are in favour of both Putin and Medviediev, huh?

I don't want to argue with you Z. cause I like you a lot.

Zevaka

Quote from: Nailec on Aug 09, 2008, 11:10 AM
there wouldnt be russian troops if there werent georgian i think.
^that's russian position there

whodunit?

Quote from: Nailec on Aug 09, 2008, 11:10 AM
Quote from: whodunit? on Aug 09, 2008, 10:49 AM

and what has all that to do with russias past?

it has to do a lot because they act the same as in past.

I'm afraid of the future.

lostpilot

Stalin took territory, Hitler took lives. Who's better? I think answer is obvious

Are you sure Stalin took only territory?
In addition to this, I could add the fact, that Russia technically made Lithuania the way it is today. And I am certainly not glad about that, and that is why I am running away from Russia as far as I can. Cause I know - in time Russia will strike again and take over all Baltic coast once again. And as always, nobody will care about little countries there.

lostpilot

Quote from: whodunit? on Aug 09, 2008, 11:14 AM
I'm afraid of the future.

Exactly my thoughts. Cause I know these things ARE going to happen.
And I will agree with whodunit, Zevaka, I don't want to argue with you, cause I respect you as a person.

Politics destroys unity.

Variable

I dont even know why any of you are having this conversation with whodunit.  The man is talking about Russia oppressing his country and how he hopes Georgia defends itself when in other topics he has admitted to being a coward and dodged his minute time of public service to his country.  Stalin or Hitler could be coming across the border and he would probably spit on the faces of the brave men who stayed behind as he high tailed it out to safety.  He is encouraging a country to defend itself against oppression when he has admitted that he wouldn't do the same.  Seems like his opinion should be kind of void in this matter.

Nailec

it seems russia is using the kosovo conflict to argue that ossetia should be independet or part of russia. i dont know what russians want. probablly the process of giving these dudes russian passports and a russian identity istn justyfied.
i guess every other country wouldnt find it good if some of their people start to do their own thing especially if it is some nationalistic movement or whatever.

but then, georgia attacked this ossetia which makes the situation look different.

what makes the situation even lulzier is that georgia seems to be some kind of outpost for the usa and they even have troops in iraq. reminds me of cold war.

im not really certain. all i can say is that there shouldnt be a war about every region that wants to be independet. there shouldnt be regions that wanna be independet out of some nationalistic movement. it should be asked why they wanna be independent and how to find a solution that is acceptable for all. georgia obviously did it wrong but they arent blamed for some reason.

wither-I

Stalin took territory, Hitler took lives. Who's better? I think answer is obvious
hahaha brush up on "you're" history buddy. Stalin carried out the slaughter of 60 million plus oh his OWN people.
Hitler had 6 million plus dead.
the nazi regime's crimes were just more elaborate and cynical, and had never been seen on such a scale of horror before.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Nailec

QuoteThe first step must be a specification of the Holocaust and of modern anti‑Semitism. The problem should not be posed quantitatively, whether in terms of numbers of people murdered or of degree of suffering. There are too many historical examples of mass murder and of genocide. (Many more Russians than Jews, for example, were killed by the Nazis.) The question is, rather, one of qualitative specificity. Particular aspects of the extermination of European Jewry by the Nazis remain inexplicable so long as anti‑Semitism is treated as a specific example of a scapegoat strategy whose victims could very well have been members of any other group.

The Holocaust was characterized by a sense of ideological mission, by a relative lack of emotion and immediate hate (as opposed to pogroms, for example), and, most importantly, by its apparent lack of functionality. The extermination of the Jews seems not to have been a means to another end. They were not exterminated for military reasons or in the course of a violent process of land acquisition (as was the case with the American Indians and the Tasmanians). Nor did Nazi policy toward the Jews resemble their policy toward the Poles and the Russians which aimed to eradicate those segments of the population around whom resistance might crystallize in order to exploit the rest more easily as helots. Indeed, the Jews were not exterminated for any manifest "extrinsic" goal. The extermination of the Jews was not only to have been total, but was its own goal—extermination for the sake of extermination—a goal that acquired absolute priority. [2]

No functionalist explanation of the Holocaust and no scapegoat theory of anti‑Semitism can even begin to explain why, in the last years of the war, when the German forces were being crushed by the Red Army, a significant proportion of vehicles was deflected from logistical support and used to transport Jews to the gas chambers. Once the qualitative specificity of the extermination of European Jewry is recognized, it becomes clear that attempts at an explanation dealing with capitalism, racism, bureaucracy, sexual repression, or the authoritarian personality, remain far too general. The specificity of the Holocaust requires a much more determinate mediation in order even to approach its understanding.
by Moishe Postone

just because before you start to compare the shoa to other genocides.

it took me quite some time to find this text in english, so plz read it as it is some basic knowledge, too.

whodunit?

Quote from: Variable on Aug 09, 2008, 04:19 PM
I dont even know why any of you are having this conversation with whodunit.  The man is talking about Russia oppressing his country and how he hopes Georgia defends itself when in other topics he has admitted to being a coward and dodged his minute time of public service to his country.  Stalin or Hitler could be coming across the border and he would probably spit on the faces of the brave men who stayed behind as he high tailed it out to safety.  He is encouraging a country to defend itself against oppression when he has admitted that he wouldn't do the same.  Seems like his opinion should be kind of void in this matter.

lol @ american soldiers

Variable

Quote from: whodunit? on Aug 09, 2008, 09:02 PM
Quote from: Variable on Aug 09, 2008, 04:19 PM

lol @ american soldiers
yeah.  that a totally appropriate response.  Laugh at those who do what you dont have the nuts to do.  No one can see through that at all