Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Russians started another war. Does anyone care?

Started by whodunit?, Aug 09, 2008, 12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whodunit?

Quote from: Variable on Aug 17, 2008, 03:39 AM
Quote from: Nailec on Aug 13, 2008, 11:22 AM
QuoteIts not that she is ugly, she is actually beautiful.

pics or ur lying!
shes on the left

i hoped she's on the left, cause the girl on the right

=

Nailec

Quote from: whodunit? on Aug 17, 2008, 10:50 PM

pics or ur lying!
shes on the left

=

now i hope she is the one on the right. coz variable would totally haunt you down for this.

whodunit?

Quote from: Nailec on Aug 18, 2008, 12:25 AM

pics or ur lying!
shes on the left

=

now i hope she is the one on the right. coz variable would totally haunt you down for this.

lol

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: whodunit? on Aug 15, 2008, 10:50 AM
Quote from: Crazylegs on Aug 14, 2008, 07:27 PM
I haven't updated myself very much on this conflict and i can't be bothered to read this whole thread. What are Russia's motives in this?

well, they claim Georgia attacked them.

but it's really because of the oil.

read the news.

But why would Russia even claim to Georgia attacking them? Because GEORGIA attacked SOUTH OSSETIA FIRST. You can't sit there and say it was ok for Georgia to attack South Ossetia the way they did. A small,  independent country [state?] that did nothing to deserve what happened to them.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Jerry_Curls

Awesome. Reuters caught with fake propaganda photos for Georgia.

http://zbs-zombies.blogspot.com/

[google translator should work]
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Variable

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Aug 18, 2008, 02:09 AM
Quote from: whodunit? on Aug 15, 2008, 10:50 AM
Quote from: Crazylegs on Aug 14, 2008, 07:27 PM
I haven't updated myself very much on this conflict and i can't be bothered to read this whole thread. What are Russia's motives in this?

well, they claim Georgia attacked them.

but it's really because of the oil.

read the news.

But why would Russia even claim to Georgia attacking them? Because GEORGIA attacked SOUTH OSSETIA FIRST. You can't sit there and say it was ok for Georgia to attack South Ossetia the way they did. A small,  independent country [state?] that did nothing to deserve what happened to them.
for once I agree with you 100%

Jacob

pics or ur lying!
shes on the left

aw, she's cute.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Variable

pics or ur lying!
shes on the left

=

yeah, that chick is nasty.
Quote from: aenemic on Aug 18, 2008, 09:46 AM

pics or ur lying!
shes on the left

aw, she's cute.
and thanks.  Im just hoping to be an uncle some day

tarkil

Send her over here dude, I'll make that happen... Well, actually not really, but I'll give her some training... ;)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

lostpilot

http://russianfun.net/interesting-galleries/vanga-predictions-for-this-world/

random link, do not take it too seriously.
just, well, read this and when I saw three symbol word "WW3", I understood how afraid of war and destruction I am. And there, I live in country, which is super close to Russia, and always been in Russian agression direction. In three years I am moving out from Lithuania, to live in Ireland.. well, I hope the end of the world through the human wars will not come that soon..

just imagining all the world in fights, nuclear weaponry, chemical weapons.. hell knows what else is out there. and then again I notice two things:
1. people are fucking retards. after each and every world war they criticize themselves about the stupidity of war, and yet again come back to same roots, roots of human being - the destruction of things.
2. this happens just because people are too bored while they're living in peace, so they say, hey, what the hell, lets make some wars about money, power, oil and other shitty useless things!

screw you, humanity, i am going home!

wither-I

Quote from: bored on Aug 18, 2008, 11:02 AM
people are too bored while they're living in peace,

like i say.

people don't want peace.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

tarkil

Quote from: Financial TimesWhy I had to recognise Georgia's breakaway regions

By Dmitry Medvedev

Published: August 26 2008 18:48 | Last updated: August 26 2008 18:48

On Tuesday Russia recognised the independence of the territories of South Ossetia and Abkhazia. It was not a step taken lightly, or without full consideration of the consequences. But all possible outcomes had to be weighed against a sober understanding of the situation – the histories of the Abkhaz and Ossetian peoples, their freely expressed desire for independence, the tragic events of the past weeks and inter­national precedents for such a move.

Not all of the world's nations have their own statehood. Many exist happily within boundaries shared with other nations. The Russian Federation is an example of largely harmonious coexistence by many dozens of nations and nationalities. But some nations find it impossible to live under the tutelage of another. Relations between nations living "under one roof" need to be handled with the utmost sensitivity.

After the collapse of communism, Russia reconciled itself to the "loss" of 14 former Soviet republics, which became states in their own right, even though some 25m Russians were left stranded in countries no longer their own. Some of those nations were un­able to treat their own minorities with the respect they deserved. Georgia immediately stripped its "autonomous regions" of Abkhazia and South Ossetia of their autonomy.

Can you imagine what it was like for the Abkhaz people to have their university in Sukhumi closed down by the Tbilisi government on the grounds that they allegedly had no proper language or history or culture and so did not need a university? The newly independent Georgia inflicted a vicious war on its minority nations, displacing thousands of people and sowing seeds of discontent that could only grow. These were tinderboxes, right on Russia's doorstep, which Russian peacekeepers strove to keep from igniting.

But the west, ignoring the delicacy of the situation, unwittingly (or wittingly) fed the hopes of the South Ossetians and Abkhazians for freedom. They clasped to their bosom a Georgian president, Mikheil Saakashvili, whose first move was to crush the autonomy of another region, Adjaria, and made no secret of his intention to squash the Ossetians and Abkhazians.

Meanwhile, ignoring Russia's warnings, western countries rushed to recognise Kosovo's illegal declaration of independence from Serbia. We argued consistently that it would be impossible, after that, to tell the Abkhazians and Ossetians (and dozens of other groups around the world) that what was good for the Kosovo Albanians was not good for them. In international relations, you cannot have one rule for some and another rule for others.

Seeing the warning signs, we persistently tried to persuade the Georgians to sign an agreement on the non-use of force with the Ossetians and Abkhazians. Mr Saakashvili refused. On the night of August 7-8 we found out why.

Only a madman could have taken such a gamble. Did he believe Russia would stand idly by as he launched an all-out assault on the sleeping city of Tskhinvali, murdering hundreds of peaceful civilians, most of them Russian citizens? Did he believe Russia would stand by as his "peacekeeping" troops fired on Russian comrades with whom they were supposed to be preventing trouble in South Ossetia?

Russia had no option but to crush the attack to save lives. This was not a war of our choice. We have no designs on Georgian territory. Our troops entered Georgia to destroy bases from which the attack was launched and then left. We restored the peace but could not calm the fears and aspirations of the South Ossetian and Abkhazian peoples – not when Mr Saakashvili continued (with the complicity and encouragement of the US and some other Nato members) to talk of rearming his forces and reclaiming "Georgian territory". The presidents of the two republics appealed to Russia to recognise their independence.

A heavy decision weighed on my shoulders. Taking into account the freely expressed views of the Ossetian and Abkhazian peoples, and based on the principles of the United Nations charter and other documents of international law, I signed a decree on the Russian Federation's recognition of the independence of South Ossetia and Abkhazia. I sincerely hope that the Georgian people, to whom we feel historic friendship and sympathy, will one day have leaders they deserve, who care about their country and who develop mutually respectful relations with all the peoples in the Caucasus. Russia is ready to support the achievement of such a goal.

The writer is president of the Russian Federation

100% agree with the guy.
Still it's a good excuse for Russia to do more than what they should about this, but they are right to do it...

Opinions ?

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Variable

I agree 100%.  I have been saying it all along too.  I have been telling all of my friends that I think Bush, Obama, and McCain all lack back bones for siding with Georgia.  Russia was obviously right all along.  But my country went with they sympathetic popular international opinion, rather than the logical correct one.  I really hope Russia comes out on top of this one.  I will be very disappointed in my country, or any other countries.  Who take part in punitive actions against Russia in this.

goldpony

seeing put that way, i have to agree. i don't know much about the Georgia situation, but if that is the case then the russians were completely justified.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

lostpilot

there is one interesting theory I've heard, which just makes everything so much more difficult:

yeah, Russians started the war, they're to blame
BUT Georgia first attacked South Ossetia, (therefore Russia attacked Georgia to defend SO's russian nationals)
BUT South Ossetia first attacked Georgia to attain full independence through most-of-the-peoples' russian nationality,
BUT Russians distributed russian passports (just gave them away for free)..

this debate never ends, which country did what, were the measures correct on both sides.. just another show off of how people in general are f--king dumb and cannot learn from their mistakes (where every war has always been a "misunderstanding"

goldpony

good point, i guess everyone goes to bed with no dinner
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

Quote from: bored on Aug 27, 2008, 10:42 PM
there is one interesting theory I've heard, which just makes everything so much more difficult:

yeah, Russians started the war, they're to blame
BUT Georgia first attacked South Ossetia, (therefore Russia attacked Georgia to defend SO's russian nationals)
BUT South Ossetia first attacked Georgia to attain full independence through most-of-the-peoples' russian nationality,
BUT Russians distributed russian passports (just gave them away for free)..

this debate never ends, which country did what, were the measures correct on both sides.. just another show off of how people in general are f--king dumb and cannot learn from their mistakes (where every war has always been a "misunderstanding"
I don't think Russia really started it.  I mean, Georgia went into south Ossetia with violent force first.  That seems like starting it to me.  The only reason that the international community is saying that Russia started it is because the UN recognizes Ossetia as part of Georgia, therefore Georgia was just murdering their own citizens.  No need to get in a hussy about something as silly as that right?

There is a reason Thomas Jefferson believed in regular revolution.  Im starting to believe more and more than the man was psychic.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Variable on Aug 27, 2008, 11:38 PM
There is a reason Thomas Jefferson believed in regular revolution.  Im starting to believe more and more than the man was psychic.

i watched a program on Jefferson in my American Revolution class about a year ago. and you're right....the guy was a prodigy on revolutionary thought.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Variable

Do you know what the video is called?  He is kind of a personal hero of mine.  I like to read-watch stuff about him.