Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Russians started another war. Does anyone care?

Started by whodunit?, Aug 09, 2008, 12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry_Curls

Immediate Response 2008

"Soldiers and Marines from the United States, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, and Ukraine conduct joint training exercise "Immediate Response 2008" at Vaziani Military Base in the Republic of Georgia and the surrounding area. The state of Georgia is represented by the 1st Battalion, 121st Infantry, headquartered in Winder, as well as members of the 122nd Rear Operations Center from Glenville."

click for pictures
http://gadod.net/archives/v/Vaziani/

EDIT: I apologize for mentioning Israel prepping Georgia. I knew I read the article somewhere, but since I can't find it at the time, I take back that statement.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

wither-I

wow. this is pretty crappy.

*and "Nailec" -i'm not trying to be mean but you really need to stop badgering people about anti-semitism. you are condemning people for things they are not even saying. i think your views on anti-semitism are extremely distorted and you should probably stop because your giving others a hard time.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

untz untz untz

Nailec

Quoteyou are condemning people for things they are not even saying

man i know they all wouldnt kill jews or blame jews for poisoning the well like in the middle ages.
it is all about an argumentation that is capable to lead into manifest/open jew hatred

instead of telling me im wrong you should attack my arguments.

http://www.adl.org/anti_semitism/EuropeanAttitudesPoll-10-02.pdf

i mean wtf. 68% of germans think that jews talk to much about what happened to them in the holocaust (page 18)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_antisemitism

i just found this one and there is a lot of english sources and texts.

Corleone

wither-I

Fireal1222

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

wither-I

Jerry_Curls

'Oil, Israel and Iran' Among Factors that Led to Georgia War

by Gl Ronen

(IsraelNN.com) Analysis of the war in Georgia points to a fight over a major oil route as the main reason for hostilities, but also to an Israeli connection.

Channel 2's expert on the Muslim world, Ehud Ya'ari, told viewers of the central evening newscast that Russia and neighboring countries were vying for control of a strategic oil pipeline from the Caspian Sea to the Mediterranean. This relatively new pipeline passes through Azerbaijan and Georgia to Turkey and is the only pipeline between Asia and Europe that does not pass through Russia or Iran. Israel is expecting to receive oil and gas through the pipeline.

By using the ethnic Russian population in South Ossetia to destabilize Georgia, Russia was making a play for the pipeline, he said.

The Israeli Connection
The Georgian move against South Ossetia was motivated by political considerations having to do with Israel and Iran, according to Nfc. Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili decided to assert control over the breakaway region in order to force Israel to reconsider its decision to cut back its support for Georgia's military.

Russian and Georgian media reported several days ago that Israel decided to stop its support for Georgia after Moscow made it clear to Jerusalem and Washington that Russia would respond to continued aid for Georgia by selling advanced anti-aircraft systems to Syria and Iran.

Hundreds of Israeli defense experts are reportedly in Georgia and Israel's military industries have been upgrading Georgia's air force, training its infantry and selling the country unmanned aerial vehicles and advanced artillery systems.

Former minister Ronny Milo was reportedly among the leading Israeli middlemen in the arms deals with Georgia and Brig.-Gen. Gal Hirsch has been training army units through a company he owns.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/127135
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Nailec

not at all surprising. georgia could be a usefull ally or outpost for the war on iran.

the more important info is that the pipeline is indeed the only one that can transport oil and doesnt go throug arabian countries or russia.

if it becomes obvious that russia doesnt want to help the ossetian people but to control this pipeline respective whole georgia, i will see this conflict with other eyes while i was more pro russia at the beginning.

till now. there is too much propaganda on both sides to believe anyone. each is accusing the other for genocide and now georgia claims that russian troops are on their way to Tiflis

Variable

lol kids.  The US is in Iraq and Afghanistan.  Pull out a map and tell me if you really think we would need to have yet another entrance into Iran.

wither-I

they dont need it but maybe they want it.

im gonna try to stay out of this one because i dont know what to believe when it comes to this stuff and war is all too scary to consider but its happening right now.

phew. this is really gross. its really a shame to the soul of human beings

tarkil

Quote from: Nailec on Aug 11, 2008, 12:53 PM
68% of germans think that jews talk to much about what happened to them in the holocaust (page 18)

I actually think the same... Fuck living in the past, everyone needs to move on at some point and stop to keep on rehearsing what happened before... It's called to advance...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Variable

There is a balance.  You need to remember the past so that the mistakes of the past are not made again.  However you cant assume that everyone in the present is the same as the people of the past.  Just like how some black people wont let go of the whole slavery and racism thing.  It was horrible.  The world learned a valuable lesson that it should never forget.  However, its over.  Lesson learned.  So get over it already.

whodunit?

Quote from: tarkil on Aug 12, 2008, 05:51 AM
68% of germans think that jews talk to much about what happened to them in the holocaust (page 18)

I actually think the same... Fuck living in the past, everyone needs to move on at some point and stop to keep on rehearsing what happened before... It's called to advance...

+ what they do building the defense wall... it's pretty much the same what Germans did in Warsaw with Jewish ghetto.

Zevaka

Russia just finished operation and stoped fire. Let's wait Georgean reaction.

Variable

Russia should have just told the world to go fuck themselves and drop that hammer hard on georgia.  When people fuck with you, you have to make sure they never want to do that shit again.

Nailec

the point is. actually nobody is talking too much about the past. this is just wrong cognition. i totally agree that we should all should do our best for he future. but history should be always kepts in mind.

tarkil

Quote from: Variable on Aug 12, 2008, 10:11 AM
Russia should have just told the world to go fuck themselves and drop that hammer hard on georgia.  When people fuck with you, you have to make sure they never want to do that shit again.

Well, that's basically what they did...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Nailec

Quote from: whodunit? on Aug 12, 2008, 07:56 AM

+ what they do building the defense wall... it's pretty much the same what Germans did in Warsaw with Jewish ghetto.

now that is classical anti-semitic argumentation. making the jews the victims and ignoring everything they have tried and the trey to do for palestine, the cowardly attacks on jewish civilians, the wars that israel had to fought to defend its country. just read a book about the history before u repeat anything that nazis tell you.
i mean of course this wall is not very lucky as it doesnt actually pretend terrorism and just gives pain to palestines. but making a one-line post that shall explain the whole situation is just so dumb that it hurts.

oh and the comparision to the nazi-regime? are u fucking kidding me? germans did to have all jews on a small room. you really think jews one day wanna slaughter all of palestine. an arab has more rights in israel than in any other arabian country. now what you think would happen if a jew would walk through iran?