Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Russians started another war. Does anyone care?

Started by whodunit?, Aug 09, 2008, 03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whodunit?

Quote from: Variable on Aug 12, 2008, 01:11 PM
Russia should have just told the world to go fuck themselves and drop that hammer hard on georgia.  When people fuck with you, you have to make sure they never want to do that shit again.

hell yeah! let's do it american style!

Variable

shut the fuck up you pussy.  I guess strength is just something you wouldn't understand.  you wana talk about history?  Lets talk about how Poland couldn't protect itself when it needed to.  So what did they do?  they cried and cried about how Britain and France wouldn't come to their rescue ( pre WW2 )  Then the super powers of the world did come to help ( including the US you forgetful fucker ) and defeated Hitler.  And now you are talking shit.  So dont even try to lecture other people on remembering the past.

Variable

Quote from: tarkil on Aug 12, 2008, 02:23 PM
Quote from: Variable on Aug 12, 2008, 01:11 PM
Russia should have just told the world to go fuck themselves and drop that hammer hard on georgia.  When people fuck with you, you have to make sure they never want to do that shit again.

Well, that's basically what they did...
not really.  They showed restraint in my opinion.  And they are letting international pressure influence them.

whodunit?

Quote from: Variable on Aug 12, 2008, 03:39 PM
shut the fuck up you pussy.  I guess strength is just something you wouldn't understand.  you wana talk about history?  Lets talk about how Poland couldn't protect itself when it needed to.  So what did they do?  they cried and cried about how Britain and France wouldn't come to their rescue ( pre WW2 )  Then the super powers of the world did come to help ( including the US you forgetful fucker ) and defeated Hitler.  And now you are talking shit.  So dont even try to lecture other people on remembering the past.

I've never neglected the fact that US helped to win the WW2. I'm interested in history and I know the facts. but you act as if power was the only answer to any problem.
it seems you don't know history. we were buttfucked by Roosevelt and Churchill at Yalta. we were buttfucked by Russia numerous times. should we, should the world trust them!? no way!

Variable

Quote from: whodunit? on Aug 12, 2008, 03:43 PM

I've never neglected the fact that US helped to win the WW2. I'm interested in history and I know the facts. but you act as if power was the only answer to any problem.
it seems you don't know history. we were buttfucked by Roosevelt and Churchill at Yalta. we were buttfucked by Russia numerous times. should we, should the world trust them!? no way!

I know that Poland perceives it was fucked.  I actually have no idea what.  But a couple months ago I went to a web site that was all about how bad Poland got fucked in Pre WW2 and during WW2.  I think the only reason I read it all is because I am really curious about history. And I hate not knowing shit.  And I didn't know a dam thing about it.

whodunit?

Quote from: Variable on Aug 12, 2008, 04:02 PM
Quote from: whodunit? on Aug 12, 2008, 03:43 PM

I know that Poland perceives it was fucked.  I actually have no idea what.  But a couple months ago I went to a web site that was all about how bad Poland got fucked in Pre WW2 and during WW2.  I think the only reason I read it all is because I am really curious about history. And I hate not knowing shit.  And I didn't know a dam thing about it.

ha! ok, let's end this stupid talk and be friends.

I still like america. I see it's advantages and it's disadvantages. I still would love to visit US  :)

Variable

sounds good.  Im all for giving and getting shit.  But I might get a bit defensive when people start attacking the service that I am very proud of.  But yeah, im not about to get all patriotic on your or anything.  Just saying is all.

War sucks.  I cant really think of a single necessary reason to START a war.  Now once another country has started a war with you.  There is no other choice.  But as far as being the country who makes the first move.  I really cant think of a single reason why it is necessary.  So it sucks that the leaders of the world are not more wise and dynamic than to have to resort to war.

whodunit?

Quote from: Variable on Aug 12, 2008, 04:28 PM
sounds good.  Im all for giving and getting shit.  But I might get a bit defensive when people start attacking the service that I am very proud of.  But yeah, im not about to get all patriotic on your or anything.  Just saying is all.

War sucks.  I cant really think of a single necessary reason to START a war.  Now once another country has started a war with you.  There is no other choice.  But as far as being the country who makes the first move.  I really cant think of a single reason why it is necessary.  So it sucks that the leaders of the world are not more wise and dynamic than to have to resort to war.

amen.

tarkil

Quote from: Nailec on Aug 12, 2008, 02:22 PM
the point is. actually nobody is talking too much about the past. this is just wrong cognition. i totally agree that we should all should do our best for he future. but history should be always kepts in mind.

Of course history should always be remembered, but you shouldn't use history all the time to take advantages over anyone else... Sure people fucked up badly over your minority in the past, but it's past... So as long everyone remembers it (which it's the case), get over it already, and live not as part of your "oppressed minority", but as a citizen of the world, equal to any other human being around...

Quote from: Variable on Aug 12, 2008, 03:41 PM
not really.  They showed restraint in my opinion.  And they are letting international pressure influence them.

Well, I don't really think they did that much.
Or at least they should have more... I will fall in the "anti-american" cliche, but when you say they are letting international pressure influence them, well fuck me, of course they should do. Same old discussion we already had together (and on which we still won't agree, but hey, where would be the fun otherwise...), but no country can act anymore as if it were alone... 1) We are all too intricated.
2) We are a fucking same species
3) Countries concept sucks balls, and is not adapted anymore to the world we leave in...

4) and just for the sake of it : fuck nationalism... That pisses me off when I see all these chinese people here even in HK where they are not fond of Mainland China supposedly... But these days, they all are wearing fucking red shit, wave china flags all around, cheer like mad whenever they see anyone chinese on the Olympics... Sucks ass.... And for some reason USA are the same, and in my opinion this kind of nationalist behaviour is the cause of wars...
I've said it before, I will say it again, and I'm gonna say it again now : we are 1 same species / people, country and nationality is a random shit that happened to you when you were born, same as having blue eyes, being tall, blonde, black, etc. That's not worth any fucking kind of pride... Pride should be deserved by some action...

/end of rant

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Nailec

4) and just for the sake of it : fuck nationalism... That pisses me off when I see all these chinese people here even in HK where they are not fond of Mainland China supposedly... But these days, they all are wearing fucking red shit, wave china flags all around, cheer like mad whenever they see anyone chinese on the Olympics... Sucks ass.... And for some reason USA are the same, and in my opinion this kind of nationalist behaviour is the cause of wars...
I've said it before, I will say it again, and I'm gonna say it again now : we are 1 same species / people, country and nationality is a random shit that happened to you when you were born, same as having blue eyes, being tall, blonde, black, etc. That's not worth any fucking kind of pride... Pride should be deserved by some action...

/end of rant

germany during the world cup and euro cup would have made u vomit :D

chinese have no reason to wave their flag. they should be ashamed of their nation

tarkil

Quote from: Nailec on Aug 12, 2008, 05:37 PM
germany during the world cup and euro cup would have made u vomit :D

Actually that's more than probable....  :)

Quote from: Nailec on Aug 12, 2008, 05:37 PM
chinese have no reason to wave their flag. they should be ashamed of their nation

Sorry, but can you let me know what you know about China please ? I'm not talking about what you saw on the TV, or read on your newspapers ?
Do you know anything about the culture of people here ? On what facts do you base your analysis for saying they should be ashamed of their nation ?
Sure there are some fucked up things there (I'm mainly talking about environment), but I would really love you to give me your detailed vision on the question...

Variable

my sister is a pretty smart chick. and she lives in china right now and loves the people

Nailec

yeah of course i am comparing to western democracies and that is probablly not fair.

but the validity of human rights should not be disputed.

im convinced that u can have a good time in china but only as long as your opinion fits to the leaders.

when i ask my parents who theiry life was in the DDR, they almost only tell me good things about it because they were no rebells. objective history sourced draw a pretty other image of the ddr than my parents do.

the unity of chinese people is dangerous.

"An emancipated society, on the other hand, would not be a unitary state, but the realization of universality in the reconciliation of differences."

what i know about the culture is wushu and fast food that the people here call chinese :D

tarkil

Quote from: Nailec on Aug 12, 2008, 06:04 PM
yeah of course i am comparing to western democracies and that is probablly not fair.

Indeed, it's not...

but the validity of human rights should not be disputed.

Indeed as well, it should not... The path to attain it can be though, and free democracy is in my opinion definitely not the best way in every occasion...

im convinced that u can have a good time in china but only as long as your opinion fits to the leaders.

That was not what I was talking about at all actually, but hell yeah, you can have a hell of a time in China...  :)

the unity of chinese people is dangerous.

Why would that be ?

"An emancipated society, on the other hand, would not be a unitary state, but the realization of universality in the reconciliation of differences."

True, but please read there above, and consider what would be the best and safest way to attain this state of emancipated society.

what i know about the culture is wushu and fast food that the people here call chinese :D

There you go... It's actually pretty impossible to judge China without having at least been there, or better lived there.... Culture and history is so different that you just cannot compare to what you know, and deduce a valid opinion from it....

tarkil

Quote from: Variable on Aug 12, 2008, 06:03 PM
my sister is a pretty smart chick. and she lives in china right now and loves the people

Hey, ask her not to come to HK, I may end banging her you know.... :)

What's she doing there ?

goldpony

ok, i'm getting sick of all the back and forth:

• As far as the holocaust and slavery (and the poland/russia thing), it is something that the decendants of the people that went through it will never forget or let be forgotten. the influences that caused those oppressions are still in place (albeit in a muted form) and until they go away, the people that suffered and the kin of those that suffered will continue to suffer

• We are truly not getting the whole story on the Georgia/Russia thing. there is a lot of misinformation being spread about what Georgia and Russia are really up to. it seems that Georgia is exagerating the Russian response and it seems the Russians may not have been totally justified in going in in the first place

• Nationalism has its place. If you don't feel pride in where you came from, then i feel sorry for you. True in the years to come boundries may fall and we may start to see ourselves as one, but the customs and mores of our cultures will never die. its why Americans still identify with their countries of origin even though they may be generations removed from that country and have no connection to that country other than thats were they originally came from

and as far as trey's sister, i already beat you to it tarkil so enjoy my sloppy seconds ;)
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

Quote from: tarkil on Aug 12, 2008, 06:20 PM

What's she doing there ?
lol shes a missionary. 

I would pay you if you were able to convince you to have sex with her.  Shes almost 25 and is still a virgin ( yes, I know that she is and im not just some disillusioned brother)  Its not that she is ugly, she is actually beautiful.  She just believes in waiting for marriage.

So if you sir ( or Josh ) were able to get her to loosen up a but.  It would be amazing.

whodunit?

lol, this is funny!

Tarkil, what do you do in HK?

tarkil

Quote from: goldpony on Aug 13, 2008, 12:26 AM
If you don't feel pride in where you came from, then i feel sorry for you.

Quote from: tarkil on Aug 12, 2008, 05:29 PM
nationality is a random shit that happened to you when you were born, same as having blue eyes, being tall, blonde, black, etc. That's not worth any fucking kind of pride... Pride should be deserved by some action...

Jacob

Quote from: Variable on Aug 13, 2008, 01:45 AM
Quote from: tarkil on Aug 12, 2008, 06:20 PM

What's she doing there ?
lol shes a missionary. 

I would pay you if you were able to convince you to have sex with her.  Shes almost 25 and is still a virgin ( yes, I know that she is and im not just some disillusioned brother)  Its not that she is ugly, she is actually beautiful.  She just believes in waiting for marriage.

So if you sir ( or Josh ) were able to get her to loosen up a but.  It would be amazing.

I'm considering making it a mission to fuck your sisters brains out.

no offense. ;)
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep