Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

its been along min

Started by TheWatcher, Aug 09, 2008, 03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWatcher

i got back from mexico early this morning how are things here?

whodunit?

no revolution

some people were offended. some had sex. some were drunk. some were high.

same ol' thing.

Variable

I think I offended someone

lostpilot

Everything is pretty much the same, I suppose

Variable

devilinside

Variable

devilinside

People are probably out basking in teh sun,enjoying outdoor festivals...etc etc

Variable

I doubt it.  Obviously there are seasonal traffic patters.  Plus it has been a while since the deftones released an album.  But, honestly.  can you really tell me that you dont think the ridiculously strict rules around here have driven anyone away?

devilinside

Nah,I really dont. It's down time. Wait till Deftones come out with new shit,then it will get goin again. And i've noticed it's slow not just here,but other message boards as well. Blame it on "the rules" all you want,but I haven't seen anyone being a rule nazi lately. (other than me deleting that dudes spam)

Variable

I didn't even see the spam.  good job.

But the real bad nazism was like a moth or maybe a little while longer ago ( i kind of lose track of time) and it drove away several new members who were giving it a try around here.  But I dont really care.  Last time I started something like this we ended up with the actual rules.

But like how black coffee just up and showed up one day after being MIA forever to lock a topic and then leave again?  ok.  Like I have always said.  When shit is slow, it makes absolutely no sense to lock a topic that people are having fun in and actually actively posting in.  I really think that is a logical concept.

devilinside

I personally dont think it's fair to have a mod status and only come on here once in a blue moon and start deleting shit. One of the "rules" is that they check in or post ever so often. I think if ya can't do it,you dont need to mod. But my opinion usually doesn't matter as far as moderation goes because i'm.....*GASP*.....a female.....one of the what...3 on this board?

Variable

lol, and you're still a noob mod compared to their elite asses.  Just like how Ry made such a fucking stink about everything.  And I called that he would only stick around for like a month.  And what happened?  yup.

devilinside

Hell...Ry registered like 4 months before me.

Variable

yeah.  I dont know.  thats just what I observed.  I could be off.

White Pwny

Quote from: devilinside on Aug 09, 2008, 07:04 PM
I personally dont think it's fair to have a mod status and only come on here once in a blue moon and start deleting shit. One of the "rules" is that they check in or post ever so often. I think if ya can't do it,you dont need to mod. But my opinion usually doesn't matter as far as moderation goes because i'm.....*GASP*.....a female.....one of the what...3 on this board?

+1      I agree.   Why be a mod, if you can't be on to do that job.  Silly if you ask me.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Variable

you two.  Fireal, and Aenemic even though he was been a little scarce lately are the only mods I can think of that are around enough

lithium

i want to be a christian moderator. apply my christian beliefs to this board and it's evil members.this message board needs more christ.
💩

Jacob

Quote from: Variable on Aug 09, 2008, 09:35 PM
you two.  Fireal, and Aenemic even though he was been a little scarce lately are the only mods I can think of that are around enough

I'm always around (well, except for the two weeks of vacation I had), I just don't post a lot lately.

you're right, it's been really slow. you blame it on our "strict" rules, I blame it on hostile environment driving people away + Deftones laying low. whichever way, we're not gonna start another discussion about it. not here anyways.

I agree that the less active mods really aren't needed. but Nuno's for some reason always had a thing for lots of mods. and he's the one in charge, so...
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

whodunit?

Quote from: lithium on Aug 09, 2008, 10:26 PM
i want to be a christian moderator. apply my christian beliefs to this board and it's evil members.this message board needs more christ.

you're not serious, right?