Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

its been along min

Started by TheWatcher, Aug 09, 2008, 03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

lithium

Quote from: whodunit? on Aug 10, 2008, 12:41 AM
Quote from: lithium on Aug 09, 2008, 10:26 PM
i want to be a christian moderator. apply my christian beliefs to this board and it's evil members.this message board needs more christ.

you're not serious, right?
gtfo man!!
💩

Variable

Quote from: lithium on Aug 09, 2008, 10:26 PM
i want to be a christian moderator. apply my christian beliefs to this board and it's evil members.this message board needs more christ.
lol, nice
Quote from: aenemic on Aug 10, 2008, 12:29 AM
Quote from: Variable on Aug 09, 2008, 09:35 PM
you two.  Fireal, and Aenemic even though he was been a little scarce lately are the only mods I can think of that are around enough

I'm always around (well, except for the two weeks of vacation I had), I just don't post a lot lately.

you're right, it's been really slow. you blame it on our "strict" rules, I blame it on hostile environment driving people away + Deftones laying low. whichever way, we're not gonna start another discussion about it. not here anyways.

I agree that the less active mods really aren't needed. but Nuno's for some reason always had a thing for lots of mods. and he's the one in charge, so...
Im sure you have been around and I just haven't noticed.  But like I said.  You guys are pretty much the only mods that actually regularly post. 

and I dont think that their is a hostile environment at all on this board.  I mean sometimes people disagree and we talk a little bit of shit to each other.  but I mean, that's a natural thing to happen when you mix so many personalities.

I think more people get frustrated when they either are just trying to have a little bit of fun and be goofy and their shit keeps getting locked or deleted.
Or when (due to shit being way too strict) this place is so slow that they just go somewhere else that has a lot of traffic.

Need proof?  The official deftones board has WAY more shit talking.  And no moderation what so ever.  But they have way more traffic.

And although I wont call out any names because its not my place to speak for them.  I know there are multiple other members that agree with me.

I just wish you guys would quit taking offense to me saying stuff like this and like maybe try and take it into consideration.  Obviously I have chilled out quite a but from when I first came here, maybe you guys could do the same.

Jacob

dude, I'm totally "chilled out". and I'm glad you've chilled out too, works better all around. I appreciate a lot of your posts as long as you're not trying so hard to be an ass ;)

like I said, I didn't want to bring up this whole discussion once again. that's why I included both our opinions in my first post so that there would be no fingers pointed. so I'm not going to start arguing with you now. I'm just going to say what I've said many times before - I've been here a lot longer than you have and people used to be able to post whatever the hell they wanted. there were lots of regulars, probably 10 times as many as now, and while there were some disagreement from time to time people just got along and didn't clutter the boards with their useless crap. there's a reason why most of those people are gone and why we've had to set our foot down when it comes to rules.

you can see it either way, but I'm asking you to take into account that I've been here a hell of a lot longer and I'm fairly sure I can judge the situation on the boards over the last few years better than you can.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Variable

yeah but its not like this was the first message board I ever came to.  I kind of understand how they work.