Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Russians started another war. Does anyone care?

Started by whodunit?, Aug 09, 2008, 12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Variable on Aug 28, 2008, 04:01 AM
Do you know what the video is called?  He is kind of a personal hero of mine.  I like to read-watch stuff about him.
not sure, but it was likely the professor got it from the history channel site.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Variable

yeah.  I cant wait to get back into school and get exposed to more stuff like that.

lostpilot

Quote from: Variable on Aug 27, 2008, 11:38 PM
I don't think Russia really started it.  I mean, Georgia went into south Ossetia with violent force first.  That seems like starting it to me.  The only reason that the international community is saying that Russia started it is because the UN recognizes Ossetia as part of Georgia, therefore Georgia was just murdering their own citizens.  No need to get in a hussy about something as silly as that right?

that's what I meant - it's way not clear who started the whole thing after all.

Zevaka

Quote from: Variable on Aug 27, 2008, 11:38 PM
I don't think Russia really started it.  I mean, Georgia went into south Ossetia with violent force first.  That seems like starting it to me.  The only reason that the international community is saying that Russia started it is because the UN recognizes Ossetia as part of Georgia, therefore Georgia was just murdering their own citizens.  No need to get in a hussy about something as silly as that right?
somebody wanted to turn pretty ordinary political game into military conflict. damn, half ofthe world wanted to. including united states

Variable

Things like that are not all THAT ordinary in the western world.  You Ruskies are just crazy.  Its cool though, I dig.  But yeah, I cant quite figure out what the US thinks it has to gain by siding with Georgia.  I would much rather have Russia be an endearing ally than fucking no body Georgia.

goldpony

so now Putin is blaming the presidential elections on our involvment in the war.  ;D the scary part of this story is how "measures" against US companies are being taken to prevent them from doing business in Russia. bad news bears

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/08/28/russia.georgia.cold.war/index.html
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

deafnotes