Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New Olympic Sports

Started by goldpony, Aug 13, 2008, 10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldpony

so i was reading an article on ESPN.com that was arguing for bowling to become an olympic sport and i thought why not?
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Nailec

devilinside

LOL.....wife carrying?!?! HAHAHA!!!!!

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Nailec

Quote from: wither-I on Aug 14, 2008, 02:18 AM
Quote from: Nailec on Aug 13, 2008, 10:58 PM
whats sport anyways?
politics.

just symbols unfortunately. i dont think they have great political influence.

fireflyry

I think they should really stop adding events.

It's already pretty saturated and adding more just distracts from the core disciplines that are Olympic tradition.Sports that are overly pro should stay away.To me one of the perks of the Olympics is watching events I usually wouldn't where the results are largely dictated by actual performances at the games as opposed to one country completely dominating.

Most of the suggestions for newer events seem to usually come from one country that already has a complete stranglehold and just wants more gold.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

tarkil

I do agree with the Ry boy over here.... And from your list I wouldn't pick shit....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

black coffee

I'm glad softball is no longer an olympic sports in 2012.

goldpony

Quote from: tarkil on Aug 14, 2008, 08:17 AM
I do agree with the Ry boy over here.... And from your list I wouldn't pick shit....

well i tried to pick sports that aren't already in the olympics. looking at the list i realized i left off rugby :)
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Corleone

skateboarding

actually the x games and olympics should just merge

Fireal1222

Olympic  Drink Off

see who can drink the most beer or liquor. now that would be fucking awesome

(people setting world records all over the world from there couches)

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Variable

Quote from: goldpony on Aug 13, 2008, 10:38 PM
so i was reading an article on ESPN.com that was arguing for bowling to become an olympic sport and i thought why not?
um , I dont want to be a smart ass or anything.  But im like 99.9% positive that bowling is already an olympic sport

Variable

Yeah I knew I should have looked that up BEFORE I said anything.  The reason I said that is because I remember going to the Olympic Training center in Colorado Springs and seeing a bowling program.  But I guess they train the "team USA" bowling team there too even though they don't compete in the Olympics.  Oh well.  http://teamusa.org/ngb/sports

fireflyry

Quote from: goldpony on Aug 14, 2008, 06:06 PM
Quote from: tarkil on Aug 14, 2008, 08:17 AM

well i tried to pick sports that aren't already in the olympics. looking at the list i realized i left off rugby :)

Well they reckon Rugby 7's will be in 2012 but that's another minority sport.

New Zealand often dominates Rugby and I'm still not keen on having it in the olympics tbh even though we would be guaranteed a medal..Again I like the fact that every 4 years I watch sports like athletics, gymnastics, archery, swimming, etc, etc.

Stuff I usually never see.

Having Rugby would just distract from other sports, especially here in NZ where we are Rugby mad hence it would no doubt be given coverage priority at the determent of other events.

tarkil

Quote from: fireflyry on Aug 28, 2008, 10:01 PM
New Zealand often dominates Rugby and I'm still not keen on having it in the olympics tbh even though we would be guaranteed a medal..

Except if you guys play against us... Then you start to shit your pants, and end sucking our balls....   :)

fireflyry

Rugby 7's dude...."7's".

As for the World Cup...

tarkil