Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Well we might as well have a McCain thread too......

Started by Variable, Aug 29, 2008, 03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

k.  I did get it a little mixed up.  Here it is

The word "veto" does not appear in the United States Constitution. Per U.S. Const., Article I, Section 7 all legislation passed by both houses of Congress must be presented to the President. This presentation is in the President's capacity as head of state.

If the President approves of the legislation, he signs it (sign into law). If he does not approve, he must return the bill, unsigned, within ten days, excluding Sundays, to the house of the United States Congress in which it originated, while the Congress is in session. The President is constitutionally required to state his objections to the legislation in writing, and the Congress is constitutionally required to consider them, and to reconsider the legislation. This action, in effect, is a veto.

If the Congress overrides the veto by a two-thirds majority in each house, it becomes law without the President's signature. Otherwise, the bill fails to become law unless it is presented to the President again and he chooses to sign it.

A bill can also become law without the President's signature if, after it is presented to him, he simply fails to sign it within the ten days noted. If there are fewer than ten days left in the session before Congress adjourns, and if Congress does so adjourn before the ten days have expired in which the President might sign the bill, then the bill fails to become law. This procedure, when used as a formal device, is called a pocket veto.

either way, the president doesn't have unlimited veto power. 

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

Nailec

how serious is the threat of the economy theses days? what do u guys think about it considering that market places all over the world are involved.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

tarkil

it's very serious dude... Markets are crazy and make no sense at all anymore....

Let's see what the us government is gonna come with, but for once, they might save the world for real...
Still, it's gonna be fucking shitty for them.... Debt will be even crazier, and China will pretty much own the US... well sort of....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Variable

It is beyond serious.  The US and all the countries who have invested in the US could get fucked really hard, really fast.  I am 100% confident that the US government is going to make the wrong choice in how to deal with this.  They have been ignoring the signs of the damage that the Federal Reserve has been doing to our country for decades.  Here is a quote from 2001 from Congressman Dr. Ron Paul

"The relative soundness of our currency that we enjoy as we movie into the twenty-first century will not persist.  The instability in the world currency markets, because of the dollars's acceptance for so many years as a reserve currency, will cause devastating adjustments that Congress will eventually be forced to deal with."

If that is not proof that we need to start listening to these 3rd party candidates and pay some serious attention to the issues they bring up, I dont know what is.  I have not done a whole lot of research on the big 4 3rd party candidates.  But from what I do understand, they all agree with Dr. Paul on how to fix the economy.  While Obama and McCain both just want to continue to put band aids on the economy instead of admitting that they have absolutely no understanding of economics. 

Where did a county who is trillians of dollars in debt get the billions of dollars to buy out these companies?  The federal reserve just straight up printed it up.  Just like that.  Inflating our dollar even more.  This is a very, very temporary fix.  It is also very dangerous.  The market is going to falsly appear to stabilize.  So people make bad investments because they seem to be stable and good at the time.  Bad investments are obviously bad for the economy.  It also makes people feel a bit safer to step out and take a loan on live outside of their means because interest rates will get lowered due When the effects of the inflation hit, and the market gets very unstable again.  What is going to happen?  More government buy outs, more inflation.  Probably to the point of hyper inflation.  At that point, its too late.  The dollar will literally be worthless.  Not worthless in a cynical way, literally worthless.  I'm telling you right now, buy gold.

The most direct thing people can do to stop this will be to live within their means.  Stop going into debt, or at least further into debt.  The government is probably not going to change any time soon.  But we have to start taking the steps.  We have to demand that these issues be raised in political debates instead of pointless minor issues like abortion and gun control.  We need to talk about the gold standard.  Getting rid of the federal reserve.  Or at least controlling their ability to print off as much money as they want.  We need to re-evaluate NAFTA and the WTO.  We need true free trade if it is ever going to really work.  We must also demand that the US government also starts to live within its means.  And starts using our tax dollars to get out of debt, instead of getting further into it. 

This is very scary stuff.  And most people seem to either be oblivious that it is happening or oblivious that the big dogs in the Government have no idea how to fix it.  I am personally very worried.

devilinside

Dude I watched some very interesting shit on MSNBC last night...wish I could find it though. McCain was blaming OBAMA for the stock market falling!! lemme look...

devilinside

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/26798324#26798523

LOL @ S.P.I.C

There are soo many more great videos if you'd like to look.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/26798324#26797957

Gawd he's an idiot!

bright lights, big city

DERP

Variable

Yeah its amazing how retarded this presidential race is getting.  I think McCain's comment about the economy was kind of like Obama's "bitter voters" comment.  I understand what each of them meant by it.  And I think most people do too, they are just choosing to pretend that they meant something else so that they have a reason to gripe.  The big difference though was that Obama actually had a pretty good point.  McCain is just wrong.  Granted that Obama agrees with him by default, because he is not offering to change the fundamentals of our economy.

I dont want to sound like im defending McCain and Palin again.  But that video was pretty dam 1 sided.  I almost think Michael Moore must have helped them.  And the sexist comment?  I didn't quite see the grounds for that at all.  The amazing thing about that video to me though was how obviously and shamelessly that chick is about being anti McCain.  I mean she is not even trying to appear non bias. That is very irresponsible in the media.

The reporter from the 2nd video was bad too.  Fuck MSNBC is way worse than FOX.  At least FOX tries to act like they are not bias.  The only person worth listening to in that whole thing was the Black dude from the 2nd video.  He was pretty intelligent.  McCains comment about Obama needing to take responsibility for the economic crisis was beyond stupid.  But Obama's response was also misleading and overreactive.  McCain didn't solely  blame Obama.  He pretty much just said " get off your high horse and admit that you were part of the problem." the problem though, is that McCain didnt take responsibility himself.  Fuck, if I can figure this out, why cant they?

Its a shame what this campaign has done for McCain.  He was a very honorable man.  But he has gotten so caught up in all of this bull shit ( no doubt with tons of pressure from the GOP to say this and say that and smear this and smear that) He is really ruining his once good name.

kelly-It took me forever to upload both of those videos.  So im not going to go surfing through the rest.  But I appreciate you steering me towards some of the better ones.  I dont have a TV so I dont get to catch the news very often.  If you find any more that are worth the long upload, let me know.

devilinside

But Trey,Fox is a "RED" news stations. Everyone knows that!  But yeah,I have noticed MSNBC is mainly a "BLUE" channel. Maybe that's why I watch MSNBC soo much.  :P

If I come across anymore tonight I'll send em your way...

bright lights, big city

DERP

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 21, 2008, 04:18 AM
But Trey,Fox is a "RED" news stations. Everyone knows that!  But yeah,I have noticed MSNBC is mainly a "BLUE" channel. Maybe that's why I watch MSNBC soo much.  :P

If I come across anymore tonight I'll send em your way...
yeah fox obviously favors the GOP.  But like, slightly.  I have seen then go both ways.  And at least they have Hannity and Colmes.  Even when they are being bias, they still try to pretend that they are not.  Those people were shamelessly just throwing it out there that they are particient.  They should not be able to be classified as news.

devilinside

bright lights, big city

DERP

devilinside

bright lights, big city

yeah dont politicians somehow get special e-mail accounts or something. Something secure, at least.
DERP

Variable

yeah for sure they have a secure network.  Even I have two e-mail accounts on secure government networks.

devilinside

And I'm just soo terribly happy to see McCain giving the go ahead for tonights debate. GOD what a douche! I don't see him making it to the White House...people are starting to see what a lying prick he really is.