Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Well we might as well have a McCain thread too......

Started by Variable, Aug 29, 2008, 06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Aug 29, 2008, 08:38 PM
I dunno....she's a political "noob"
Actually, the more I read about her.  The more im ok with this.  She is pretty new.  But when it comes down to it.  She has more experience than Obama does.  And that's a fact.  So either way, McCain or Palin.  You are getting more than Obama. 
Quote from: goldpony on Aug 29, 2008, 09:28 PM
Quote from: Variable on Aug 29, 2008, 07:09 PM
But one thing to remember is that VPs dont do shit. 

have you forgaotten about cheney????? hes the one really running that circus
Cheny will go down in history as the most powerful VP to ever hold the office.  There is always an exception to the rule.  After over 200 years he just happened to be it.
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 30, 2008, 01:06 AM
Right now i only feel like arguing about experience. Experience has very little to do with being president(I would say decision making is the most important). All I have to say is look at Lincoln-  he had less experience than Obama or Palin (he was a state senator for a few years before being elected president).
So we dont need to hear anything else about "lack of experience"...however, I do just find it funny that McCain did pick a woman just to be slick and to play those fucking stupid political games....
1.    Experience does matter.  You are kidding yourself if you say otherwise
2.   You cant say that Lincoln had less experience than Obama.  Obama has only been a state senator for a couple of years.  And he has been campaigning since he got elected.  He hasn't done a dam thing but give inspirational speeches.  That's it.  That's not experience.

devilinside

Quote from: Variable on Aug 30, 2008, 05:59 AM
Quote from: devilinside on Aug 29, 2008, 08:38 PM
I dunno....she's a political "noob"
Actually, the more I read about her.  The more im ok with this.  She is pretty new.  But when it comes down to it.  She has more experience than Obama does.  And that's a fact.  So either way, McCain or Palin.  You are getting more than Obama. 
Quote from: goldpony on Aug 29, 2008, 09:28 PM

BUUULLLLLLL SHIT!

Variable

Variable

Obama hasent accomplished anything in his political career.  "oh he voted against the war in Iraq" no, he spoke out against the war in Iraq. But He wasn't a senator yet, so he didn't get to vote.  He hasn't passes any legislation.  Hasn't done a fucking thing but hit the road and campaign.  Look it up.  Then look up what Palin has done.  She stood the office she was elected to.  She didn't go out and campaign for the next.  So she actually has accomplishments you can read about.  I know its weird, to have a politician who has actually done something instead of just talking about what they would do.  But believe it, its true.

fireflyry

This guy seems to have the intelligence and charisma of a piece of slightly soggy bread.

I really don't envy you Americans this time around.

Your options seem highly limited.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Variable

you are just the product of a bias international news media.  John McCain is an extraordinary man.  I have a lot of respect for both candidates.  I dont really have a whole lot of respect for Obamas political career.  But I have respect 1. for his education ( who wouldn't envy that? ) 2.  for his charisma and public speaking abilities ( who wouldn't envy that? ) 3. and by far the most important.  I believe he is genuine, and genuinely want the best for America.  He genuinely believes he can help.  And he genuinely believes that he will help if given the opportunity.

now I could be wrong about that.  He could be a narcissistic elitist ass hole who just wants his face all over history books.  But I guess only time will tell.

I just happen to have different beliefs on how to accomplish the goals than Obama does.  Plus I really dont think he is ready yet.  Not if HE wants to be the president instead of some staff with him as the figurehead ( like everyone's favorite current US president )

But at this point.  Im not 100% on who i am voting for yet.  Im still up for sale.

The whole point though was that McCain really is a great man.  His life story could Humble any man.  I think he deserves the respect and recognition. 

Fireal1222

they both suck. so who cares?

when i hear a president begin to talk about peace. then i'll listen

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Variable

yeah.  unfortunately that is not an option right now.  Even you must admit that much?

Shit man , now that I think about it.  Off the top of my head, I cant even think of the last president who didn't deploy our military.  Maybe carter?  Maybe...... I could look it up but im not in the research mood.

But peace would be nice, I just dont think its realistic.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Variable

Presidential candidates are never the best people for the jobs.  The smartest and most capable Americans will never be in office.  Presidential elections are based on charisma, oratory silllz, and manipulation ability just as much as a student council election is based on popularity.  It has nothing to do with who is the best for the job.

lostpilot

one of them will become america's homecoming queen.
nice

popularity contests ftw!

Variable

If Bob Barr somehow pulled off a win.  I would literally, and I seriously mean literally, shit myself.  I would probably have a stroke of shock, amazement, and joy.

Ralph Nader would produce a similar, less drastic response.

defskull

Yeah I've been looking that up.  Ridiculous stuff.  Apparently Sarah Palin was quoted as being strong supporter of abstinence-only education about sex in high school.

I feel like McCain dug himself a hole selecting Palin.  Wasn't a big thing that McCain had on Obama was lack of experience, but then he chose some one with... little experience. 

If Ron Paul was still running I'd vote for him in November, but he's not.

So as far as I'm concerned I'll just wait to the debates, but things aren't looking good for McCain.

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 02, 2008, 02:40 PM
http://news.aol.com/elections/conventions/republicans/article/palin-says-daughter-17-is-pregnant/155019?icid=100214839x1208785897x1200481521

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I'm sure Republicans will LOVE that!
I don't even understand why that matters?  Its her daughter.  Not her.  So a 17 year old girl had sex, oh no.  She probably raised her daughter with other morals.  But how can you really enforce that without literally making her a prisoner in your house so that you can always watch her?  FUCK SARAH PALIN FOR NOT PHYSICALLY FORCING HER BELIEFS ON HER DAUGHTERS BODY!.......?  seems counter productive to the women's civil rights movement to even make a deal out of this.
Quote from: defskull on Sep 02, 2008, 06:24 PM
Yeah I've been looking that up.  Ridiculous stuff.  Apparently Sarah Palin was quoted as being strong supporter of abstinence-only education about sex in high school.

I feel like McCain dug himself a hole selecting Palin.  Wasn't a big thing that McCain had on Obama was lack of experience, but then he chose some one with... little experience. 

If Ron Paul was still running I'd vote for him in November, but he's not.

So as far as I'm concerned I'll just wait to the debates, but things aren't looking good for McCain.
I agree that Palin was a very poor choice.  He could have done SO much better.  But I still stand my ground that Palin has more experience than Obama.  So McCain kind of opened a trapped door.  Whenever democrats want to talk about how irresponsible McCain is for being 72 and picking such an inexperienced VP.  He can turn the table and tell them they are even more irresponsible for picking such an inexperienced president. 

Palin is kind of a reality check for America.  It was all fun in games when the charismatic larger than life black man was irresponsibly running for office.  But when someone who is easier to throw a punch or two at steps up, suddenly we realize how fucking ridiculous all of this has been. 

goldpony

i love how evangelicals are rallying behind Palins daughter by saying it is a pro-life decision, but you know they would go batshit insane if it was obamas daughter. funny. also, has  anyone else heard about the rumor that Palin's baby is actually her daughters? great times
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

I mean its all very e-Hollywood news and all.  But it really doesn't have anything to do with Governing our country.

mrs_swa

...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

devilinside