Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Well we might as well have a McCain thread too......

Started by Variable, Aug 29, 2008, 03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

Haha.  What has he done since then except be stuck on the past?  In order to move forward you need to move on.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: goldpony on Sep 04, 2008, 02:27 PM
and to throw my two cents in, the last few fiscal messes our country has experienced have come because of republican overspending
thank you, that's all anyone needs to know, to know who to vote for (not really, but it really fuckin pisses me off)
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

Quote from: defskull on Sep 04, 2008, 08:42 PM
The RNC last night just reminded me how much of a chode I think Giuliani is.  If there is one politician I hate more than anyone else, it's this guy. 

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2008/09/03/sot.rnc.giuliani.iraq.cnn
yea thats how i feel as well about that corrupt, pompous, over-exaggerating, lying prick.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 04, 2008, 10:07 PM
and to throw my two cents in, the last few fiscal messes our country has experienced have come because of republican overspending
thank you, that's all anyone needs to know, to know who to vote for (not really, but it really fuckin pisses me off)

And when you think of influential presidents,which one comes to mind?? I know for a LOT of people,it's JFK....who was a........................................????

Howard Dean FTW!!!

bright lights, big city

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 04, 2008, 10:52 PM

And when you think of influential presidents,which one comes to mind?? I know for a LOT of people,it's JFK....who was a........................................????

Howard Dean FTW!!!

BYAW!!!!!!!!!
DERP

devilinside

devilinside

Here are some points for you to hash over,

-Palin recently said that the war in Iraq is "God's task." She's even admitted she hasn't thought about the war much—just last year she was quoted saying, "I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq."

-Palin has actively sought the support of the fringe Alaska Independence Party. Six months ago, Palin told members of the group—who advocate for a vote on secession from the union—to "keep up the good work" and "wished the party luck on what she called its 'inspiring convention.'"

-Palin wants to teach creationism in public schools. She hasn't made clear whether she thinks evolution is a fact.

-Palin doesn't believe that humans contribute to global warming. Speaking about climate change, she said, "I'm not one though who would attribute it to being man made."

-Palin has close ties to Big Oil. Her inauguration was even sponsored by BP.

-Palin is extremely anti-choice. She doesn't even support abortion in the case of rape or incest.

-Palin opposes comprehensive sex-ed in public schools. She's said she will only support abstinence-only approaches.

-As mayor, Palin tried to ban books from the library. Palin asked the library how she might go about banning books because some had inappropriate language in them—shocking the librarian, Mary Ellen Baker. According to Time, "news reports from the time show that Palin had threatened to fire Baker for not giving "full support" to the mayor."

-She DID support the Bridge to Nowhere (before she opposed it). Palin claimed that she said "thanks, but no thanks" to the infamous Bridge to Nowhere. But in 2006, Palin supported the project repeatedly, saying that Alaska should take advantage of earmarks "while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist."

bright lights, big city

very interesting ^^^^

are you watching McCain tonight?
DERP

tarkil

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 05, 2008, 12:38 AM
Here are some points for you to hash over,

-Palin recently said that the war in Iraq is "God's task." She's even admitted she hasn't thought about the war much—just last year she was quoted saying, "I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq."

-Palin has actively sought the support of the fringe Alaska Independence Party. Six months ago, Palin told members of the group—who advocate for a vote on secession from the union—to "keep up the good work" and "wished the party luck on what she called its 'inspiring convention.'"

-Palin wants to teach creationism in public schools. She hasn't made clear whether she thinks evolution is a fact.

-Palin doesn't believe that humans contribute to global warming. Speaking about climate change, she said, "I'm not one though who would attribute it to being man made."

-Palin has close ties to Big Oil. Her inauguration was even sponsored by BP.

-Palin is extremely anti-choice. She doesn't even support abortion in the case of rape or incest.

-Palin opposes comprehensive sex-ed in public schools. She's said she will only support abstinence-only approaches.

-As mayor, Palin tried to ban books from the library. Palin asked the library how she might go about banning books because some had inappropriate language in them—shocking the librarian, Mary Ellen Baker. According to Time, "news reports from the time show that Palin had threatened to fire Baker for not giving "full support" to the mayor."

-She DID support the Bridge to Nowhere (before she opposed it). Palin claimed that she said "thanks, but no thanks" to the infamous Bridge to Nowhere. But in 2006, Palin supported the project repeatedly, saying that Alaska should take advantage of earmarks "while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist."

I even read some more crazy stuff :

From wikipedia :
In 2007, Palin supported the Alaska Department of Fish and Game policy allowing Alaska state biologists to hunt wolves from helicopters as part of a predator control program intended to increase moose populations.[63] The program was criticized by Defenders of Wildlife and predator control opponents,[63] and prompted California State Representative George Miller to introduce a federal bill (H.R. 3663) seeking to make the practice illegal.[63] In March 2008, a federal judge in Alaska upheld the practice of hunting wolves from the air, though limited its extent.[64] On August 26, 2008, Alaskans voted against ending the state's predator control program.[65]

-> Can't find it anymore, but I read the reason for that is that hunters can enjoy a bigger population of moose to hunt and have fun with.

Still wikipedia :
On January 5, 2008, the New York Times published an op-ed by Palin, presenting her view that the polar bear should not be placed on the endangered species list.[66] In May 2008, Palin objected to the decision of Dirk Kempthorne, the Republican United States Secretary of the Interior, to list polar bears federally as an endangered species, saying this move was premature and was not the appropriate management tool for their welfare; the State of Alaska filed a lawsuit to stop the listing amid fears that it would hurt oil and gas development in the bears' habitat off Alaska's northern and northwestern coasts.[67]

-> Is there anything that needs to be said ?

Still wikipedia :
Palin also opposes strengthening protections for beluga whales in Alaska's Cook Inlet, where oil and gas development has been proposed. [68]

-> Is there anything that needs to be said ?

Still wikipedia :
Palin has declared herself in favor of capital punishment. She has stated: "If the legislature passed a death penalty law, I would sign it. We have a right to know that someone who rapes and murders a child or kills an innocent person in a drive by shooting will never be able to do that again."[19] In a televized debate in 2006, Palin's responded to a question about the death penalty by saying that for crimes such as the murder of a child, "My goodness, hang 'em up, yeah."[20]

So yeah, you're "pro life", and wouldn't want the victim of a rape to be able to abort because she has (from her own words) "faith that every baby is created for a good purpose", but then you're in favour of death penalty....

Anyway, I didn't like that much Mc Cain, but he still looked like an OK candidate to me... But now that he has made that political move of choosing Palin as VP, and seeing as despicable that bitch is, I say fuck him...

I'm not a blind supporter of Obama, and don't think he's the greatest man ever, or that he could be the best president, but fuck, seeing what the republicans offer (I'm not talking about the complete voidness of their program and speeches which only consist in attacks towards Democrats...), fuck there's no hesitation for me who I would vote for if I had to...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 04, 2008, 10:52 PM

Howard Dean FTW!!!
JFK was influential how?  He didn't do shit but fail in cuba and start the war in Vietnam.  The only thing he did right, was get assassinated.  That's the only reason anyone still talks about him.  And you know its true.

so do you not have a reply to my statement about Republican spending?  McCain is promising to stop all that spending.  As I said, the Bush administration was not a Republican administration by definition.  Republicans are the party trying to make government smaller.  Democrats are the party trying to make it larger.  If the only reason you are not voting "republican" is because Bush and McCain are both "republicans" then than is pretty moronic. 

Sorry, I dont have time to reply to any other post right now.  Gota be getting back to work soon.  But ill reply to your post when I have time ( I noticed most of you dont reply to mine.  You just wait for some new hot gossip to throw out)

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Variable on Sep 05, 2008, 03:46 AM

so do you not have a reply to my statement about Republican spending?  McCain is promising to stop all that spending.  As I said, the Bush administration was not a Republican administration by definition.  Republicans are the party trying to make government smaller.  Democrats are the party trying to make it larger.  If the only reason you are not voting "republican" is because Bush and McCain are both "republicans" then than is pretty moronic. 

Sorry, I dont have time to reply to any other post right now.  Gota be getting back to work soon.  But ill reply to your post when I have time ( I noticed most of you dont reply to mine.  You just wait for some new hot gossip to throw out)
basically yeah you were right, and after seeing his speech there is some hope if he does get elected (even though he bored me to hell during the second half by telling his war stories).
if he can actually successfully mend some ties between the republicans and democrats and change some shit, then he would make me happy.
DERP

Corleone

I really don't like either. I'd vote for JM though cause that VP is smokin. ..

Variable

devilinside

Quote from: Corleone on Sep 05, 2008, 04:06 AM
I really don't like either. I'd vote for JM though cause that VP is smokin. ..

Good thing you live in Canada.

Variable

devilinside

har har har  ::)

You're just mad my vote will cancel out yours....you voting noob!

Variable

not really seeing as how we dont live in the same state.  Google the electoral college noob.

devilinside

Oh...I'm TOOOOOOOOTALLY moving to NM just to vote...so HMM!

Variable

lol, you would have to become a citizen.  Are you sure you want to take that step?  Go slumming with us desert folks.  But be careful, we did vote for Bush in 04.  There is a pretty large conservative community outside of Albuquerque and Santa Fe.  Palin might just energize all those conservative farmers to take a trip to the city and vote in that nice young Christian lady.

devilinside

Hell...Tennessee voted for Bush too,so I guess it's not that big of a step.  I need to move to a Blue state...