Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Minus the Bear

Started by ben, Sep 08, 2008, 08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.sinister

I think the new song is great. Didn't like at much at first but now its becoming a really good song of theirs.

Starz

Yeah their new song is fucking great, so catchy.

occipudding

i loved it the first time i heard it.  i dont think its too electronic or too poppy or catchy or anything.  its awesome
machete!  meow

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

raynor

the deft ones

Not digging this new offering all that much.
Have only listened to half so far but, I dunno, it sounds a bit... matchbox 20ish.

Am really hoping it's a grower.

wither-I

im really not getting this...

"coming into the nearness of distance"

bright lights, big city

agreed. my favorite song by far is Into the Mirror, which we heard about 6 months ago. the first track is a good opener, but i found myself getting bored with the album after that.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

alvarezbassist17

This cd is the fuckin tits so far, i've only listened through a couple times, but i'm diggin everything I've heard.  The thief is an amazing song.

I'm also all about the longer songs

E-Money

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Apr 20, 2010, 05:07 PM
This cd is the fuckin tits so far, i've only listened through a couple times, but i'm diggin everything I've heard.  The thief is an amazing song.

I'm also all about the longer songs

I'm also feeling the longer songs.  Got to listen to it for the second time today and its pretty damn good.  Maybe poppy at times, but the thief and secret country are great tracks. 

theis

I'm finally giving this a listen. I'm four songs in and it's fucking awesome so far.

Secret Country is a badaaaass song.

Edit: finished listening through it.

Grade A album! Really awesome stuff. Much better than Planet of Ice. Pretty much loved/liked all the songs.

9/10.

bright lights, big city

i'll pick this is back up soon. maybe i can learn to love it.
DERP

normsteez

i know this is an old song but Houston we have uh oh is one of best songs ive ever heard....just perfect
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

bright lights, big city

yeah that is a great song, and there is no denying that their older material is phenominal. my problem with most of this new album is the new direction they are going. I was able to handle and enjoy Planet of Ice, but Omni is going to take at least half a dozen listens for me to get into it.
DERP

wither-I

dont force it.

the music just doesnt have the same energy. it sounds lathargic and uninspired.

just boring imo

"coming into the nearness of distance"

E-Money

Quote from: wither-I on Apr 27, 2010, 11:27 PM
dont force it.

just boring imo

Damn man I feel completely opposite.  I thought Planet of Ice was boring.  I'm loving the new album.  I think its tremendously catchy and I love the semi-dancy feel to some songs. 

theis

Quote from: stapezee on Apr 28, 2010, 06:17 AM
dont force it.

just boring imo

I thought Planet of Ice was boring.  I'm loving the new album.

Yup.

lostpilot

dont force it.

just boring imo

this. and they're falling away from the genre that I LOVED about them. now it's all only about electronics everywhere - Minus the Bear, 65dos.. Eh.