Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Minus the Bear

Started by ben, Sep 08, 2008, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 28, 2010, 01:10 PM
Quote from: wither-I on Apr 28, 2010, 02:27 AM
dont force it.

the music just doesnt have the same energy. it sounds lathargic and uninspired.

just boring imo

this. and they're falling away from the genre that I LOVED about them. now it's all only about electronics everywhere - Minus the Bear, 65dos.. Eh.
well said about both bands.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

wither-I

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 28, 2010, 05:19 PM
dont force it.

just boring imo

this. and they're falling away from the genre that I LOVED about them. now it's all only about electronics everywhere - Minus the Bear, 65dos.. Eh.

it all makes me wanna cry :(

id like to think its still too early for a RIP

"coming into the nearness of distance"

alvarezbassist17

What?  Seriously?  Wow, I can't believe you guys really think it's THAT bad.  I feel like the synth has always been a pretty prevalent, maybe not as much as Omni, but it's not like it's some brand new direction.  I really like it so far, I kinda wish they would've incorporated China White somewhere, I love that song.  If I have any complaints, it's that the overall feel of the album didn't really turn out the way I thought it would after hearing that song and Into the Mirror.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Apr 28, 2010, 06:57 PM
What?  Seriously?  Wow, I can't believe you guys really think it's THAT bad.  I feel like the synth has always been a pretty prevalent, maybe not as much as Omni, but it's not like it's some brand new direction.  I really like it so far, I kinda wish they would've incorporated China White somewhere, I love that song.  If I have any complaints, it's that the overall feel of the album didn't really turn out the way I thought it would after hearing that song and Into the Mirror.
I like those two songs we heard about 6 months ago more than anything else on Omni.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Quote from: wither-I on Apr 28, 2010, 06:11 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 28, 2010, 05:19 PM
dont force it.

just boring imo

it all makes me wanna cry :(

id like to think its still too early for a RIP

Haha, come on. You can be such a drama queen, man.

raynor

Listened through this album twice, not feeling it at all. To freaking cheesy for my taste really.

Slacker

glassdomino

Quote from: raynor on Apr 28, 2010, 10:41 PM
Listened through this album twice, not feeling it at all. To freaking cheesy for my taste really.

agreed. lyrically it's pretty cringe-worthy

occipudding

definitely feel you.  i liked broken china a lot when it came out and thought into the mirror was ok but more or less a throwaway song for mtb.  i liked my time when it came out.  loved the catchyness and pop sensibilities and everything but i was really hoping that was just like the pop song of the album.  i think i was really expecting something more like planet of ice.  ive listened to it about 2 and a half times now and i just find myself becoming more and more disappointed.
machete!  meow

E-Money

Idk what u guys are talking about the album is sick.  Im going to see them Friday in DC and im stoked.  Never seen them before, head they put on a decent show. 

the deft ones

Quote from: glassdomino on May 02, 2010, 03:49 AM

agreed. lyrically it's pretty cringe-worthy

I've always though their lyrics are cheesey to be honest.
All the songs are about drinkin and pulling chicks - don't mind general lyrics so much, but as a whole was very disappointed with the album.

Got one of my friends onto Planet of Ice - and she dug it. Showed her Omni, and she said "WTF, sounds like Matchbox 20"

Kinda ruined it for me right there.

E-Money

I actually enjoyed the new songs live when I saw them a month ago...but yeah, the new album got old pretty quickly.

black coffee

Free download of new digital EP titled "Hold Me Down" on www.minusthebear.com

Tracklist
01 – "Hold Me Down"
02 – "Broken China"
03 – "My Time" (live)
04 – "Into The Mirror" (live)
05 – "Hold Me Down" (live)
06 – "My Time" (Mitchmix remix)

alvarezbassist17

Wow, this clip is great.  Color me stoked.

http://youtu.be/bsbDZ9N6C7M

normsteez

May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

bright lights, big city

I'm really enjoying the new album more than Omni.
DERP

lostpilot

Meeeeeeeh.
Listened through it once but the experience just was not rewarding.

I am becoming old and stupid since I bitch about every single new decision any of old bands that I used to listen to makes.

black coffee

Dear Minus The Bear, I am sorry but this is not working for me anymore.
But its not just you, its also me. We grew apart like an old couple. I didn't like Omni, but decided to stick with you for one last album, in hope that things would change. But nothing changed, I find this album just as boring.

Your concerts were fun and I will listen to your old stuff from time to time, so peace out

bright lights, big city

at least we all still have Highly Refined Pirates?
DERP