Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Depeche Mode

Started by devilinside, Sep 10, 2008, 02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftonekid

I'm gonna see them on October, I'm excited :D

Gee

Bringing back that thread from the dead...

Delta Machine, thoughts ?

After one whole listen I'm surprised by the really intimate and slow atmosphere that's built throughout the album. In that sense it reminds me of older albums like Ultra or Exciter, but keeping the same sound from their last two releases (Playing the Angel and Sounds of the Universe).

You can also hear that Gahan has had a growing influence in the songwriting, sometimes Delta Machine feels like one of his works in solo.

Stand out tracks so far : Angel, Heaven, Secret To The End, Soothe My Soul, Goodbye (excellent closer).

Maybe one or two bad tracks to me so far, the opener (Welcome To My World) and The Child Inside, the one sung by Martin Gore (the guy just can't stop showing off with his annoying vibrato).

"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

N0S3BLEED976

I like the new album. Definitely superior to SOTU.
My current favourites are Angel, Heaven, My Little Universe and Alone.

Oh, and Martin is a great singer. "Macro" from Playing The Angel for example, which is sung entirely by Martin, is probably my favourite from the record. It's so dope!

devilinside

I'm trying to like it. Been listening to it for a week,and a few are catchy. And yes,Martin is not only an amazing writer/composer but singer as well.

Gee

Of course Martin has a great singing technique and in that aspect he's much better than Dave. But he's just overdoing it to me. The only songs that I really like from him are The Things You Said (Music For The Masses) and to a lesser extent Home (Ultra).

And yes it's true that this album has much less catchy tunes than on the last two albums. Although Heaven or Soothe My Soul (next single ?) get quickly into your head.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

Fireal1222

Home, and Macro are my favorite songs sung my martin.

i heard the new depeche mode single on the radio today at work. but i havent heard the new album yet. although i saw the video of them playing "should be higher" live on letterman, and it was amazing.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

devilinside

Completely in love with this album. Didn't think I would get into it,but there is a lot of heavy bass thats drawn me in.