Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Remember 9/11

Started by There Will Be Blood, Sep 11, 2008, 05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

There Will Be Blood

downtownpony

everyone is supposed to remember what they were doin when it happened. I dont.

devilinside

I was watching stuff about it early this morning...they've made a really nice memorial in front of the Pentagon. No matter how many times I see stuff about it,I still get teary. :(

Quote from: downtownpony on Sep 11, 2008, 05:21 PM
everyone is supposed to remember what they were doin when it happened. I dont.

I remember EXACTLY what I was doing and where I was when it happened. I was working,and I remember being full of fear that they were gonna hit TVA, because my son's daycare wasn't that far down the road from it. I remember seeing the second plane hit on tv. I have all the newspapers from that day and a few after as well.

There Will Be Blood

10:28 am.... right now the 2nd tower falls. :(

Penicks

i remember what i was doing

i was masturbating

and my parents told me to check out what happened

and i said "in a minute"

and then when the towers collapsed i had an orgasm

true story.

Atomic

its been 7 years. when will they stop bringing this up

......my brother's birthday is on 9/11, i got him sonic the hedgehog on 360 :)
My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

devilinside

Quote from: Atomic on Sep 11, 2008, 05:36 PM

Uuh....NEVER! Wow....

theis

i remember coming home from school and my brother was watching cnn in our living room. that was when the first plane had hit the tower.

such a surreal day.

Atomic

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 11, 2008, 05:45 PM

Uuh....NEVER! Wow....
i just wish they didnt hav to make such a big deal out of it

lostpilot

Quote from: Atomic on Sep 11, 2008, 05:51 PM

Uuh....NEVER! Wow....

actually, me too. maybe it's enough

goldpony

Quote from: bored on Sep 11, 2008, 05:52 PM

Uuh....NEVER! Wow....

um anytime someone use three planes as missiles for a terroist attack, i think that is going to take awhile to get over. besides, things like this should never be forgotten lest we all become complacent
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Penicks

Atomic

Quote from: goldpony on Sep 11, 2008, 06:22 PM

Uuh....NEVER! Wow....

um anytime someone use three planes as missiles for a terroist attack, i think that is going to take awhile to get over. besides, things like this should never be forgotten lest we all become complacent
i wouldnt want them to bring this up every year if someone i knew died, let the mourning families be

There Will Be Blood

that day was a tragedy

Penicks

Variable

Quote from: Atomic on Sep 11, 2008, 07:55 PM

Uuh....NEVER! Wow....

i wouldnt want them to bring this up every year if someone i knew died, let the mourning families be
actually you would.  Its not like you are going to forget that your loved one died just because people don't talk about it anymore.  I think those people need to see that the Nation remembers and still supports them.  hasn't forgot why their loved one was taken from them.  Its also dangerous to forget  If you forget the lessons history teaches you, they are very likely to happen again. 

People just forgetting about 911 made them stop questioning why this actually happened.  Is it because all Muslims hate "Christians" ( lol, as if the majority of the US is even Christian)  And these "radical Muslims" just ignored all of Europe which is much closer to them ( including the Vatican) to come fuck us just because we are so super special ( you can tell this is bull shit because its riddled with American arrogance) No, its because of our long standing presence in the middle east and the Arabian Peninsula to be more exact.  Maybe remembering would be a good way to get people to challenge their government to change these things.

oldgentlovecraft

Uuh....NEVER! Wow....

It goes further than just the terrorist attacks now.  The day is about remembering the bravery of the law enforcement, EMT's, firefighters, etc, victims and families of the attack, and now soldiers that have died in Iraq as a result of the attacks.  There are EMT's all over campus today talking to students, we have a blood drive, care packages for troops.  It may be nothing new to countless countries who deal with terrorism every day but for us it was a wakeup call.  Many people deserve to be remembered for their bravery and sacrifice, willing or not.

Nailec

Quote from: Variable on Sep 12, 2008, 12:46 AM

Uuh....NEVER! Wow....

actually you would.  Its not like you are going to forget that your loved one died just because people don't talk about it anymore.  I think those people need to see that the Nation remembers and still supports them.  hasn't forgot why their loved one was taken from them.  Its also dangerous to forget  If you forget the lessons history teaches you, they are very likely to happen again. 

People just forgetting about 911 made them stop questioning why this actually happened.  Is it because all Muslims hate "Christians" ( lol, as if the majority of the US is even Christian)  And these "radical Muslims" just ignored all of Europe which is much closer to them ( including the Vatican) to come fuck us just because we are so super special ( you can tell this is bull shit because its riddled with American arrogance) No, its because of our long standing presence in the middle east and the Arabian Peninsula to be more exact.  Maybe remembering would be a good way to get people to challenge their government to change these things.

very good post imho. but it seems as 9 11 is abused as some myth or clichee that creates patriotism and a dichotomous view on the world. instead of searching for complex answers and seeing 9 11 as a progress, it is seen as a sudden event without context.

that is just my cognition of the mainstream media.

but i heard obama and mccain were at ground zero this day? the term "event" fits pretty good then.

yet 9 11 for me shows how there is no way to bargain with fundamentalists/islamists/islamofascists/islamoantisemitsts etc. etc. it seems not to work like that. no rationality.

goldpony

Quote from: Nailec on Sep 12, 2008, 01:29 AM

yet 9 11 for me shows how there is no way to bargain with fundamentalists/islamists/islamofascists/islamoantisemitsts etc. etc. it seems not to work like that. no rationality.

so true, and true of any radically religous person. i really hate that these fuckers give religion a bad name
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

indychinoluv

I got the day off work!
Quote from: goldpony on Sep 12, 2008, 02:41 AM
so true, and true of any radically religous person. i really hate that these fuckers give religion a bad name
Ahh dude...People in general give religion a bad name!