Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Jesu

Started by lostpilot, Sep 18, 2008, 09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nostro

QuoteIn March 2009, Broadrick announced that a new one-song LP, titled Infinity, was scheduled for release through his own Avalanche Recordings label in June 2009. It was also announced that a new EP, titled Opiate Sun, would follow in July 2009. The EP had originally been mentioned in 2008 but a title and official release date had yet to be announced. It is known that this EP will be the first studio recording to feature the lineup of Justin Broadrick, Dave Cochrane and Phil Petrocelli. Hydra Head will also be re-releasing CD versions of the Heart Ache EP and the Jesu/Envy split 12" album. The Heart Ache re-release will contain a second disc featuring an unreleased EP from 2003, while the Jesu/Envy re-release may be released with a previously unreleased bonus mix

Looking for Infinity & Opiate Sun ...

Alvar

Quote from: Nostro on May 27, 2009, 11:32 AM
QuoteIn March 2009, Broadrick announced that a new one-song LP, titled Infinity, was scheduled for release through his own Avalanche Recordings label in June 2009. It was also announced that a new EP, titled Opiate Sun, would follow in July 2009. The EP had originally been mentioned in 2008 but a title and official release date had yet to be announced. It is known that this EP will be the first studio recording to feature the lineup of Justin Broadrick, Dave Cochrane and Phil Petrocelli. Hydra Head will also be re-releasing CD versions of the Heart Ache EP and the Jesu/Envy split 12" album. The Heart Ache re-release will contain a second disc featuring an unreleased EP from 2003, while the Jesu/Envy re-release may be released with a previously unreleased bonus mix

Looking for Infinity & Opiate Sun ...

i'm looking for these too

and there is much more new jesu stuff to come:

- jesu remix for school of seven bells (already downloadable on amazon)
- jesu remix for iroha
- a split EP with members of FOG (probably working under a different name) limited to only 300 copies

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Zevaka

i hate one song albums

Nostro

Alvar

i want it.

also i want the GREYMACHINE.

snippets from infinity can be heard here http://www.myspace.com/officialjesu

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Alvar

**update**

song from the new upcoming album "opiate sun"

http://www.caldoverderecords.com/Jesu_Deflated.mp3

last.fm/user/z0z0bra

bright lights, big city

nice man, I like it. I read that "Opiate Sun" is really only an EP, so does that mean that there's only like 1 other song out there besides 'Deflated'?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Alvar

yeah, actually it will be a 4 song EP.

btw, in some recent interview he said he is going to release another jesu LP next year...

last.fm/user/z0z0bra

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Alvar on Aug 06, 2009, 02:22 PM
yeah, actually it will be a 4 song EP.

btw, in some recent interview he said he is going to release another jesu LP next year...
he's insane  :D
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

raynor

One-song LP just sounds stupid imo. I don't know I guess we'll see when it drops though.

Alvar

Quote from: raynor on Aug 06, 2009, 07:48 PM
One-song LP just sounds stupid imo. I don't know I guess we'll see when it drops though.

wait, the one song EP is already out. it leaked at least 3 days ago! we are talking about his other 12 EPs and 34 LPs that he is going to release in the next months.

ok that was a joke, but you better keep on checking for new jesu releases weekly ;)

last.fm/user/z0z0bra

raynor

Seems to be an LP, and actually seems to have leaked. Someone listen to it and tell me if its good :)

Alvar

last.fm/user/z0z0bra

Nailec

oh plz redeem me from that horrible pelican release.

aka: thx alvar

theis

Horrible? The new Pelican is great.

Nailec

hey guys. can someone please write me down the lyrics for "losing streak" from the opiate ep?

would be highly appreciated, cant find them on the net

skinnypuppy

Quote from: Alvar on Jan 07, 2009, 01:46 PM
revive,revive

Jesu - Remixes And Covers

01 - Capter 24 (Pink Floyd Cover)
02 - Flesh Of Jesu (Agoraphobic Nosebleed)
03 - I Have Been Wronged Remix (Fog)
04 - Blind And Faithless (Alt. Version)
05 - The Echo Of Something Lovely Remix (Pyramids)
06 - Silver (Original Beats)
07 - Participation Mystic Remix (Maninkari)
08 - Decide (Storm Comin On Alt.)
09 - The Birth And Death Of The Day Remix (Explosions In The Sky)
10 - The Funeral Party (The Cure Cover)

justin = god

My buddy actually contacted justin for the syd cover - we released it a few years ago on a compilation with dredg, kylesa, etc. mastodon was going to give us a track too, but brent wound up in jail...

im not a big fan of the explosions in the sky remix. i bought the digi of that album for the remix bonus disk but didnt like any of em...

deftoner664

Really Like the Opiate Sun LP, them poppy influenced  melodies with that drony droptuned guitar : ) ... Except.... The beat work...  Expect more from Broadrick
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Nailec

Quote from: Nailec on Feb 27, 2010, 01:12 AM
hey guys. can someone please write me down the lyrics for "losing streak" from the opiate ep?

would be highly appreciated, cant find them on the net

please guys. would you do that for me? me and my friend, who both cant understand englisch that well, want to cover that song (i started playing the drums some weeks ago and it turned out to be a good start for me)

lostpilot

headphones + high volume + Friends are Evil = fucking awesome