Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

U.S. Troops To Patrol Homeland, Impending National Crisis and Martial Law

Started by Oldnewtype, Sep 24, 2008, 09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldnewtype

Quote from: Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Wednesday, September 24, 2008

U.S. troops returning from duty in Iraq will be carrying out homeland patrols in America from October 1st in complete violation of Posse Comitatus for the purposes of helping with "civil unrest and crowd control" - which could include dealing with unruly Americans after a complete economic collapse.

This shocking admission was calmly reported on September 8th by the Army Times website, which reports that from the beginning of next month the 3rd Infantry Division's 1st Brigade Combat Team "Will be under the day-to-day control of U.S. Army North, the Army service component of Northern Command, as an on-call federal response force for natural or manmade emergencies and disasters, including terrorist attacks."

The article notes that the deployment "marks the first time an active unit has been given a dedicated assignment to NorthCom, a joint command established in 2002 to provide command and control for federal homeland defense efforts and coordinate defense support of civil authorities."

The purpose of the unit's patrols includes helping "with civil unrest and crowd control or to deal with potentially horrific scenarios such as massive poisoning and chaos in response to a chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear or high-yield explosive, or CBRNE, attack."

The unit will be on homeland patrol for at least 20 months before returning to Iraq or Afghanistan in early 2010, according to the report.

Training for homeland operations has already begun at Fort Stewart and at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs.

Ominously, the report states that, "The 1st BCT's soldiers also will learn how to use "the first ever nonlethal package that the Army has fielded," 1st BCT commander Col. Roger Cloutier said, referring to crowd and traffic control equipment and nonlethal weapons designed to subdue unruly or dangerous individuals without killing them."

The unit would also be deployed to deal with hostile crowds of Americans in the aftermath of a massive economic depression, potential food riots and race riots, if one defines the term "crowd control" to match its reasonably applicable scenarios.

The open admission that U.S. troops will be involved in law enforcement operations as well as potentially using non-lethal weapons against American citizens is a complete violation of the Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act, which substantially limit the powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement unless under precise and extreme circumstances.

Section 1385 of the Posse Comitatus Act states, "Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

Under the John Warner Defense Authorization Act, signed by President Bush on October 17, 2006, the law was changed to state, "The President may employ the armed forces to restore public order in any State of the United States the President determines hinders the execution of laws or deprives people of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law or opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws."

However, these changes were repealed in their entirety by HR 4986: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008, reverting back to the original state of the Insurrection Act of 1807.

The original text of the Insurrection Act severely limits the power of the President to deploy troops within the United States.

For troops to be deployed, a condition has to exist that, "(1) So hinders the execution of the laws of that State, and of the United States within the State, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or (2) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws. In any situation covered by clause (1), the State shall be considered to have denied the equal protection of the laws secured by the Constitution."

Is the Bush administration and Northcom waiting for such a scenario to unfold, an event that completely overwhelms state authorities, before unleashing the might of the U.S. Army against the American people?

The deployment of National Guard troops to aid law enforcement or for disaster relief purposes is legal under the authority of the governor of a state, but using active duty U.S. Army in law enforcement operations inside America absent the conditions described in the Insurrection Act is completely illegal.

With the promise of an "October surprise" on behalf of Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda being bandied about by the media and the potential for civil unrest should a complete collapse of the U.S. economy unfold, the presence of U.S. troops inside America, returning fresh from kicking down doors, arresting "insurgents" and taking them to internment camps in Iraq, should put Americans on alert and provoke urgent questions about the legality of U.S. Army units engaging in law enforcement operations against American citizens.

......we're fucked.

untz untz untz

Variable

IF........IF the military is going to be used as a law enforcement agency on US soil.  That is a huge violation of Posse Comitatus.  That is completely un constitutional.  This is not the Job of the US military.

nonesuch

the steps are being taken, gradually and unnoticed

yes, we are fucked
i drink your milkshake

bright lights, big city

if something is unconstitutional, it shouldn't happen....but hey nowadays you never know
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

nonesuch

it wont matter when the North American Union dissolves the constitution
i drink your milkshake

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Conditions are just getting worse and worse.

And there really isn't anything we can do about it.

Shaye

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Sep 24, 2008, 09:01 PM
Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Wednesday, September 24, 2008]

U.S. troops returning from duty in Iraq will be carrying out homeland patrols in America from October 1st in complete violation of Posse Comitatus for the purposes of helping with "civil unrest and crowd control" - which could include dealing with unruly Americans after a complete economic collapse.

You know, I'd like to be angry about this taking place (if and when it does), but we have no one to blame but ourselves. Civil unrest shouldn't take place in the aftermath of an economic collapse, unrest should be a force in preventing it, as well as anything else that we see problems with. More and more, people are too wiling to sit back and figure that someone else (meaning the gov't) will just handle everything. This is not the case. And we're all just waking up out of our materialistic brainwash, and becoming aware of it when it's a little too late.

Americans (in general) are like a bunch of spoiled bratty kids who quickly deny themselves of responsibility because they figure Mommy and Daddy (the gov't) will take care of everything for them. If some of us put as much effort into keeping our own system of "checks and balances" with our gov't, as we do with fighting over x-boxes for our kid's christmas present, or making sure we Tivo the latest episode of dancing with the stars,things wouldn't be panning out the way they are.

Variable

Right, we should be blaming ourselves as well as the government.  But not for the civil unrest, that is only natural.  I think we should be blaming ourselves for the 2nd point you brought up.  Our own ignorance. 

There is an overwhelming amount of literature on economics.  Brilliant economist have been warning us of the evils of the federal reserve for a very long time.  But no one cared to know.  No one cares to pay attention.  They all think it is too complicated and just want to focus on their every day lives and just trust the government to do the right thing.  Even though that is exactly what our forefathers DID NOT do, and exactly what they warned us NOT TO DO. So the government remains unchecked.  These people who appose the federal government are black balled in the media.  The only real source Americans get their information from.  Because they are too lazy to pick up a book and read.

Obviously this kind of thing takes place in our government in more than just the Federal Reserve.  However that seems to be the topic at hand, so that is why I am speaking about that.  But also, most Americans probably don't even know what Posse Comitatus is.  They probably don't know that it is illegal for the military to be used as law enforcement on US soil.  So who is going to hold the government accountable if the people are ignorant?  A hand full of educated people can be black balled and shut out.  If everyone was informed, you could not silence the entire population of America taking a stand for their civil liberties and freedoms. 

Its time to quit being lazy and stupid.  It is time to get off your ass and read.  It is time to get informed.  It is time to let small, insignificant issues go. Our founding fathers did not have to risk everything they had in order to establish this country.  They could have ate shit their whole lives.  Realized they were more well to do than most of the Colonials and really wouldn't have to take any action.  But they did take a stand, even though they didn't have to, and it could have meant their lives.  They had families and aspirations and comforts too.  But the #1 reason they were able to accomplish anything that they did. Was not that they were determined to fight ( there is plenty of that in most of us ) it was their extensive educations.  They were extremely educated men.  They knew the issues, they knew the way things worked.  Through that they were able to inspire, and eventually lead the nation.  They wrote an Amazing document called the constitution.  Now, because of our lack of education.  That document has been bastardized and ignored.  Its time to get educated people.  Seriously, fucking read something.

Jerry_Curls

^ BRAVO!

Dude, this is what we have been warning about this whole summer dude. The FISA bill, Patriot Act, "terrorists will come in all colors soon", Lieberman wanting to get rid of any anti-govt videos off of youtube, Blackwater, etc etc.

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Jerry_Curls

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Fireal1222

i just had to check the board before i went to bed didnt i

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Variable

yes sir.  I don't think its appropriate to enter a state of panic and start worrying about stocking up on weapons and canned food.  But it is way past due to start getting educated and taking certain issues very serious.  Also way past due to quit letting our elected officials do whatever they want with no accountability.  Once you have the education, you have the power to recognize what is wrong and demand it gets changed.

Jerry_Curls

Since Dr. Ron Paul has been publicly backing Chuck Baldwin as of late, Chuck Baldwin wanted to make his thank you public...

Thank you, Dr. Ron Paul
by Chuck Baldwin

Yesterday, September 22, Congressman Ron Paul publicly gave me his endorsement for the office of President of the United States. In his blog at the Campaign for Liberty web site, he said, "I'm supporting Chuck Baldwin, the Constitution Party candidate." (See the complete statement)
Obviously, I could not be more delighted and honored to have Dr. Paul's endorsement. I called him last evening and thanked him personally. And now I want to thank him publicly.

I am fully aware that Dr. Paul was under considerable pressure from various groups that were actively soliciting his support. I can honestly say that I never lobbied Dr. Paul for his endorsement. He knew I would be thrilled to have it, but I have too much respect for Ron Paul to be so presumptuous as to expect him to endorse me. I completely understood his neutrality. He has strong ties to both the Libertarian and Constitution parties—not to mention the obvious fact that he is a ten-term Republican Congressman with much support from the Republican Party in his home district.

I was happy to support Ron Paul during the Republican primaries, because I believe in the same principles. I personally campaigned for him in several states and in this column. And I asked (or expected) nothing in return. In fact, I have stated this publicly, time and again: if Ron Paul had won the Republican nomination for President, I would not be running. I would still be supporting Ron Paul.

I am running for President because the Republican Party rejected Ron's Paul's message of constitutional government, fiscal responsibility, and non-interventionism. Therefore, someone had to pick up the mantle and carry this message into the general election. The Constitution Party asked me to be their standard-bearer in order to bring this message to the American people in November. So, here I am. And now, Ron Paul's endorsement is further substantiation that the message of constitutional government will not die in 2008. The American people still have a real choice instead of the big-government, globalist, interventionist, "big box" party candidates, John McCain and Barack Obama.

Ron Paul's message is my message; Ron Paul's fight is my fight.

I want to return America to constitutional government. "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." (Amendment X) I believe that, and will govern the Executive branch of the federal government accordingly.

My sworn oath to the Tenth Amendment means I would dismantle the Patriot Act and restore law enforcement to the states and local governments, where it rightly belongs. Yes, this includes the so-called "war on drugs" and the so-called "war on terror." No more warrantless searches and seizures. No more eavesdropping on Americans' phone calls, or collecting Americans' emails, or spying on American citizens without court order and oversight. No more stripping Americans of their constitutional rights in the name of "national security." In addition, I would use every power and authority vested to my office to preserve and protect the right of the people to keep and bear arms. And, yes, I will immediately restore Posse Comitatus. As President, I want to protect America from Washington, D.C., as much I want to protect it from foreign powers.

I will also take the words of the Declaration of Independence seriously, where it states, "That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States." This means the day I am sworn in as President of the United States, the New World Order comes crashing down! The NAFTA superhighway is dead. The North American Union is dead. I will work to eliminate NAFTA, CAFTA, GATT, and the WTO. The FTAA is DOA. I will not expend tax dollars for the support of the United Nations.

Furthermore, I will take my oath to the Constitution seriously, when it states that one of the express purposes of the federal government is to "repel Invasions." This means we will secure America's borders, because the illegal immigration crisis is more than mere immigration: it is an invasion, and I will stop it! Even if I have to send the U.S. Army to the borders, we will put a stop to this invasion of illegal aliens. I will also aggressively prosecute those employers who knowingly hire illegals. And did I mention that my first day in office is Border Patrol Agents Ramos and Compean's last day in prison? I will personally open the prison doors and restore to these men their freedom. I will also give them their jobs back (with pay), if they want them. And one more item on this point: my first day of office is also U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton's last day on the job.

I also share Ron Paul's concerns for the way the two major parties have allowed the United States to become a meddlesome, interventionist, nation-building empire for the sake of satisfying the greedy machinations of international bankers and power-hungry politicians. I will not only bring our troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan, but also from most of the other 130 nations that currently house U.S. forces. I will end foreign aid. I will get the U.S. out of NATO. It is past time for the European states to defend themselves. It is time for us to stop sticking our nose in every other nation's business and start taking care of the United States. The Warfare State will kill us. Global empires are not sustainable. I repeat: global empires are not sustainable. If history teaches anything, it teaches that.

Furthermore, the Bush doctrine of pre-emptive war is over, when I become President. Because I will take my oath to the Constitution seriously, I would never send troops to invade and occupy a foreign country without a Declaration of War by Congress. In dealing with rogue terrorist organizations such as al Qaeda, I will seek letters of Marque and Reprisal from Congress, which would give me the authority to use whatever special and/or private forces are necessary to seek out and destroy those who desire our hurt.

And even though I am a born again Christian (as is Ron Paul), I would take my responsibility to protect the religious liberty of every American seriously. People have the right to worship God (or not worship God) according to the dictates of their own conscience. Whether one is Baptist, Catholic, Mormon, or agnostic, people have the right to practice their faith as they see fit. I am absolutely dedicated to preserving religious liberty. Religious tyranny is as evil as political or social tyranny. And, as I will be no man's slave, neither will I be any man's master.

I also share Ron Paul's commitment to the sanctity of life. When I become President, I will use the bully pulpit of the White House to press Congress to pass Dr. Paul's Sanctity of Life Act, which would overturn Roe v. Wade and end abortion-on-demand. On this topic, the GOP is especially hypocritical. The Republican Party controlled the entire federal government for six years and did nothing to save the life of a single unborn child. Saving unborn babies from the abortionists' scalpel is more than rhetoric with me, however.

Another area of agreement with Ron Paul is my philosophy of economics. Dr. Paul has been predicting the current financial meltdown in this country for years. And when all is done, the current bailout being proposed will do more harm than good. The problem is, America's leaders have rejected sound money policies for years, and the chickens are coming home to roost. As President, I would seek to overturn the 16th Amendment, eliminate the Internal Revenue Service, and disband the Federal Reserve. I would lead the charge to return America to sound money principles. I would seek to reduce federal spending to constitutional levels by eliminating those same federal departments that Newt Gingrich promised to eliminate in his Contract with America back in 1994 (and then failed to do). I would seek to eliminate the Departments of Education, Commerce, Energy, etc. I would demand that Congress pass a balanced budget and that we stop deficit spending. Neither John McCain nor Barack Obama will do any of the above. If he were President, Dr. Paul would do it, however, and so would I. Needless to say, I am both humbled and honored that Ron Paul would place enough faith in me that he would endorse me for President. I can think of no higher compliment to my candidacy. I here and now publicly thank him for this vote of confidence. I know my Vice Presidential running mate, Darrell Castle (a former Marine Corps officer and Vietnam veteran), joins me in inviting all of Dr. Paul's supporters to help us take the message of constitutional government into the general election on November 4.

Thank you.

Posted by Cody Quirk in News, Letters, Campaign 2008, Ron Paul, Constitution Party, Presidential Race, Chuck Baldwin | 2 Comments »
Baldwin Thanks Paul, Affirms CP Platform
Posted by Brian Holtz --- September 24th, 2008
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Variable on Sep 25, 2008, 08:19 AMI don't think its appropriate to enter a state of panic and start worrying about stocking up on weapons and canned food.

The weapons and canned food thing is ridiculous. If shit actually goes down, a pistol and a can of baked beans will get you nowhere. But know-how will get you everything. Basic survival skills, something that would make you useful in a communal situation like carpentry or something along those lines would take you a ways.

Quote from: Variable on Sep 25, 2008, 08:19 AMAlso way past due to quit letting our elected officials do whatever they want with no accountability.  Once you have the education, you have the power to recognize what is wrong and demand it gets changed.

Demand it gets changed? To who?

Variable

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Sep 25, 2008, 08:22 AM
Since Dr. Ron Paul has been publicly backing Chuck Baldwin as of late, Chuck Baldwin wanted to make his thank you public...

Thank you, Dr. Ron Paul
by Chuck Baldwin

Yesterday, September 22, Congressman Ron Paul publicly gave me his endorsement for the office of President of the United States. In his blog at the Campaign for Liberty web site, he said, “I’m supporting Chuck Baldwin, the Constitution Party candidate.” (See the complete statement)
Obviously, I could not be more delighted and honored to have Dr. Paul’s endorsement. I called him last evening and thanked him personally. And now I want to thank him publicly.

I am fully aware that Dr. Paul was under considerable pressure from various groups that were actively soliciting his support. I can honestly say that I never lobbied Dr. Paul for his endorsement. He knew I would be thrilled to have it, but I have too much respect for Ron Paul to be so presumptuous as to expect him to endorse me. I completely understood his neutrality. He has strong ties to both the Libertarian and Constitution parties—not to mention the obvious fact that he is a ten-term Republican Congressman with much support from the Republican Party in his home district.

I was happy to support Ron Paul during the Republican primaries, because I believe in the same principles. I personally campaigned for him in several states and in this column. And I asked (or expected) nothing in return. In fact, I have stated this publicly, time and again: if Ron Paul had won the Republican nomination for President, I would not be running. I would still be supporting Ron Paul.

I am running for President because the Republican Party rejected Ron’s Paul’s message of constitutional government, fiscal responsibility, and non-interventionism. Therefore, someone had to pick up the mantle and carry this message into the general election. The Constitution Party asked me to be their standard-bearer in order to bring this message to the American people in November. So, here I am. And now, Ron Paul’s endorsement is further substantiation that the message of constitutional government will not die in 2008. The American people still have a real choice instead of the big-government, globalist, interventionist, “big box” party candidates, John McCain and Barack Obama.

Ron Paul’s message is my message; Ron Paul’s fight is my fight.

I want to return America to constitutional government. “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” (Amendment X) I believe that, and will govern the Executive branch of the federal government accordingly.

My sworn oath to the Tenth Amendment means I would dismantle the Patriot Act and restore law enforcement to the states and local governments, where it rightly belongs. Yes, this includes the so-called “war on drugs” and the so-called “war on terror.” No more warrantless searches and seizures. No more eavesdropping on Americans’ phone calls, or collecting Americans’ emails, or spying on American citizens without court order and oversight. No more stripping Americans of their constitutional rights in the name of “national security.” In addition, I would use every power and authority vested to my office to preserve and protect the right of the people to keep and bear arms. And, yes, I will immediately restore Posse Comitatus. As President, I want to protect America from Washington, D.C., as much I want to protect it from foreign powers.

I will also take the words of the Declaration of Independence seriously, where it states, “That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States.” This means the day I am sworn in as President of the United States, the New World Order comes crashing down! The NAFTA superhighway is dead. The North American Union is dead. I will work to eliminate NAFTA, CAFTA, GATT, and the WTO. The FTAA is DOA. I will not expend tax dollars for the support of the United Nations.

Furthermore, I will take my oath to the Constitution seriously, when it states that one of the express purposes of the federal government is to “repel Invasions.” This means we will secure America’s borders, because the illegal immigration crisis is more than mere immigration: it is an invasion, and I will stop it! Even if I have to send the U.S. Army to the borders, we will put a stop to this invasion of illegal aliens. I will also aggressively prosecute those employers who knowingly hire illegals. And did I mention that my first day in office is Border Patrol Agents Ramos and Compean’s last day in prison? I will personally open the prison doors and restore to these men their freedom. I will also give them their jobs back (with pay), if they want them. And one more item on this point: my first day of office is also U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton’s last day on the job.

I also share Ron Paul’s concerns for the way the two major parties have allowed the United States to become a meddlesome, interventionist, nation-building empire for the sake of satisfying the greedy machinations of international bankers and power-hungry politicians. I will not only bring our troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan, but also from most of the other 130 nations that currently house U.S. forces. I will end foreign aid. I will get the U.S. out of NATO. It is past time for the European states to defend themselves. It is time for us to stop sticking our nose in every other nation’s business and start taking care of the United States. The Warfare State will kill us. Global empires are not sustainable. I repeat: global empires are not sustainable. If history teaches anything, it teaches that.

Furthermore, the Bush doctrine of pre-emptive war is over, when I become President. Because I will take my oath to the Constitution seriously, I would never send troops to invade and occupy a foreign country without a Declaration of War by Congress. In dealing with rogue terrorist organizations such as al Qaeda, I will seek letters of Marque and Reprisal from Congress, which would give me the authority to use whatever special and/or private forces are necessary to seek out and destroy those who desire our hurt.

And even though I am a born again Christian (as is Ron Paul), I would take my responsibility to protect the religious liberty of every American seriously. People have the right to worship God (or not worship God) according to the dictates of their own conscience. Whether one is Baptist, Catholic, Mormon, or agnostic, people have the right to practice their faith as they see fit. I am absolutely dedicated to preserving religious liberty. Religious tyranny is as evil as political or social tyranny. And, as I will be no man’s slave, neither will I be any man’s master.

I also share Ron Paul’s commitment to the sanctity of life. When I become President, I will use the bully pulpit of the White House to press Congress to pass Dr. Paul’s Sanctity of Life Act, which would overturn Roe v. Wade and end abortion-on-demand. On this topic, the GOP is especially hypocritical. The Republican Party controlled the entire federal government for six years and did nothing to save the life of a single unborn child. Saving unborn babies from the abortionists’ scalpel is more than rhetoric with me, however.

Another area of agreement with Ron Paul is my philosophy of economics. Dr. Paul has been predicting the current financial meltdown in this country for years. And when all is done, the current bailout being proposed will do more harm than good. The problem is, America’s leaders have rejected sound money policies for years, and the chickens are coming home to roost. As President, I would seek to overturn the 16th Amendment, eliminate the Internal Revenue Service, and disband the Federal Reserve. I would lead the charge to return America to sound money principles. I would seek to reduce federal spending to constitutional levels by eliminating those same federal departments that Newt Gingrich promised to eliminate in his Contract with America back in 1994 (and then failed to do). I would seek to eliminate the Departments of Education, Commerce, Energy, etc. I would demand that Congress pass a balanced budget and that we stop deficit spending. Neither John McCain nor Barack Obama will do any of the above. If he were President, Dr. Paul would do it, however, and so would I. Needless to say, I am both humbled and honored that Ron Paul would place enough faith in me that he would endorse me for President. I can think of no higher compliment to my candidacy. I here and now publicly thank him for this vote of confidence. I know my Vice Presidential running mate, Darrell Castle (a former Marine Corps officer and Vietnam veteran), joins me in inviting all of Dr. Paul’s supporters to help us take the message of constitutional government into the general election on November 4.

Thank you.

Posted by Cody Quirk in News, Letters, Campaign 2008, Ron Paul, Constitution Party, Presidential Race, Chuck Baldwin | 2 Comments »
Baldwin Thanks Paul, Affirms CP Platform
Posted by Brian Holtz --- September 24th, 2008

thank you very much for posting that

Oldnewtype

Variable

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Sep 26, 2008, 03:17 AM
Quote from: Variable on Sep 25, 2008, 08:19 AMI don't think its appropriate to enter a state of panic and start worrying about stocking up on weapons and canned food.

The weapons and canned food thing is ridiculous. If shit actually goes down, a pistol and a can of baked beans will get you nowhere. But know-how will get you everything. Basic survival skills, something that would make you useful in a communal situation like carpentry or something along those lines would take you a ways.
yeah , you missed my point bud.  I meant that I don't think we are at the point of our society collapsing into anarchy or civil war.  I doubt that the Military will actually be used.  Its just the fact that they could is what is fucked up.  But FYI, a gun and food would go a long ways in a survival situation.  Just saying.  Those are two things I would want.

Demand it gets changed? To who?
Well you start a movement bud.  If enough people know, enough people get worked up.  You sign petitions, flood your state and federal representatives offices and phones with demands, have rallies ect ect ect.  You let the politicians know that if they don't start to do things different, they wont get re-elected.  Let them know that your eyes are opened and so is the majority of America, they cant pull their shit anymore.  I mean, you do understand how democracy is supposed to work right?  Make it work.

Only problem is that most Americans have no clue.  They don't fucking care.  Too busy living their charmed lives I guess.  So right now, the word just needs to get out and people just need to start educating themselves.  

Variable

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Sep 26, 2008, 03:27 PM
now that i read that i think i will vote after all
lol, who would have thought that we would be voting for the same person?  I love how different we view so many different things.  But a leader like Ron Paul can bring us together on the issues.  Thats real leadership people, I dont think you will find that in Obama or McCain.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Variable on Sep 26, 2008, 03:46 PM

yeah , you missed my point bud.  I meant that I don't think we are at the point of our society collapsing into anarchy or civil war.  I doubt that the Military will actually be used.  Its just the fact that they could is what is fucked up.  But FYI, a gun and food would go a long ways in a survival situation.  Just saying.  Those are two things I would want.

Okay, a gun I can see, but this whole stocking up on canned goods and bottled water thing is just so...pointless. You can't plant a can of tomato sauce in the can and grow a fucking tomato tree, therefore, it will be worthless in the kind of situation I see coming. (which, by the way, I will be completely screwed in, considering a full battery charge will only get me so far)