Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

U.S. Troops To Patrol Homeland, Impending National Crisis and Martial Law

Started by Oldnewtype, Sep 24, 2008, 09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

Yeah well I don't think we are anywhere near that kind of situation.  We are at a cross roads of the US needing serious political reform.  But not some sort of apocalyptic situation.  The worst case scenario I could even see ( but doubt would / will happen ) is a 2nd American revolution.  But if this gets to the point of violence, all of us failed really bad.

But just to entertain the conversation about survival in some sort of situation like I think you are talking about.  No, you cant plant canned food.  However, you also cant sit around and wait for all your crops to grow.  You will need food right away.  Food that wont go bad, until you can start to produce your own food.  The MREs that we use in the military are great for such an occasion. 

Bottled water makes a bit of sense too.  If the tap water gets shut off.  Where would you get your water from?  For at least the first day or two you probably wouldnt have a source of water.  Not clean potable water anyways.  It would be wise to have a reserve for such a situation.

One of the most valuable lessons I learned from my experiences in Afghanistan.  Control the variables that you can control.  Go ahead and be prepared for whatever might come you way. Because you never know what will be coming your way.  There are some things that no matter what you do, you cant control.  But you can control and be ready for certain bumps in the road.  So you might as well go ahead and be prepared.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I am rather afraid that Chuck Baldwin may be a John Birch Society supporter. Where I can't find any evidence that he is, I can't find any evidence that he isn't.

That worries me. I may not vote for him after all.

Variable

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Variable

And exactly what do you have against the John Birch Society?

Shaye

Quote from: Variable on Oct 05, 2008, 11:55 AM
And exactly what do you have against the John Birch Society?

Well I can say, that I just don't like people who have societies named after them...LOL.

I'm going to shut my damn mouth now because I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure I smoked weed with John Birch one time.

Variable

lol, o rlly?  google John Birch and get back to me about that

Shaye

Quote from: Variable on Jan 11, 2009, 05:43 AM
lol, o rlly?  google John Birch and get back to me about that

Yeah...so apparently a different John Birch...LOL.

Variable

lol, yeah I think so.

The reason I asked hosh what he had against the John Birch Society is because I really don't know a whole hell of a lot about it.  What I was able to find online was a bit ehhhhhhh.  So, I was hoping for someone to be able to explain their purpose a bit better.

Shaye

Quote from: Variable on Jan 11, 2009, 04:25 PM
lol, yeah I think so.

The reason I asked hosh what he had against the John Birch Society is because I really don't know a whole hell of a lot about it.  What I was able to find online was a bit ehhhhhhh.  So, I was hoping for someone to be able to explain their purpose a bit better.

Oh it's ok dear, you don't have to explain. I just like jumping into random conversations about things I don't know about and saying things that don't make any sense.

Um apparently the John Birch Society is about patriotism or something, or at least thats one of the words I spotted on the website.

Variable

Its been a while since I looked it up.  But I remember it being something like fighting for the constitution, while trying to uphold conservative Christian morals.  Im guessing hosh didnt like it because of the Christian morals.  Which, I'm not really down for either.  Because I don't believe in using government to force your religious beliefs on other people, regardless of if I agree or not.

But I could be totally off on that.  I just saw that Chuck Baldwin and Ron Paul both had good things to say about it.  So I figured that it cant be too uber horrible.  But then again, that could be the skeleton in the closet that I have been fearing to find about Ron Paul.

Jizzlobber

for some reason, we are living in a time where Martial Law is being considered...?!

thats pretty scary.
<

Jerry_Curls

http://www.wric.com/Global/story.asp?S=9655829&nav=menu28_2

Associated Press - January 12, 2009 7:45 AM ET

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - About 2,200 Marines and sailors are conducting nearly two weeks of training around Virginia.

The Camp Lejeune, N.C.-based 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit is training at Fort Pickett in Blackstone. But officials say they also will perform smaller group exercises at other locations.

Military officials say training in towns can give the unit experience dealing with urban areas.

Residents may see Marine vehicles on roads and aircraft from the Marine unit flying overhead and practicing setting down in previously cleared landing zones until Jan. 24.

The unit is preparing for a scheduled spring deployment overseas aboard several Navy amphibious ships. The Virginia work-up is part of a 26-week training program.

Information from: Richmond Times-Dispatch, http://www.timesdispatch.com

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Jerry_Curls

http://www.prurgent.com/2009-01-15/pressrelease27794.htm
The USMC is planning on taking over 424,000 acres of land, much of which is state or federal wilderness areas that are home to endangered and protected species.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE / PRURGENT

29 Palms, Ca.- The USMC/ MCAGCC is planning on taking over 424,000 acres of land, much of which is state or federal wilderness areas, some of which is considered "Areas of Critical Environmental Concern". They are also going to displace thousands of people, virtually destroy the property values of several thousand other property owners, and negatively affect the quality of life of many thousands of local residents

. Above and beyond the above-mentioned issues is the despicable manner in which MCAGCC has handled the matter. MCAGCC has not only violated Federal and Constitutional law, they have violated the basic laws of common decency and honesty, and have shown blatant disregard for the local tax paying residents. They have not made any public announcement of their intentions, in violation of Federal law, and Constitutional amendments, nor have the local residents and property owners received any notification. Their motivations are obvious, to avoid property owners being able to adequately organize, and to prevent environmental protections organizations from getting involved.

These wilderness areas are home to the endangered Desert Tortoise, and Bighorn Sheep, as well as other rare desert plants and wildlife. This area will become aerial bombing ranges and a tactical maneuver - live fire area. In other words, total obliteration of these species. Not to mention the increased water, air, noise and dust pollution in the entire region.

The MCAGCC base is already the largest military base in the world, yet they want to almost double the size. Why? So they can conduct "three brigade simultaneous combined maneuvers". They consider these maneuvers more important than the lives of the local residents, plants and animals.

The MCAGCC Land Acquisition Proposal, by it's omissions, makes it painfully clear that they could care less about the devastating financial, and quality of life effects this take over will have on local residents and property owners. Who wants to be forced to sell their property when the property values are the lowest in years? Who wants to own property, or live in an area that has constant air traffic, 24 hour a day live fire maneuvers, constant aerial and artillery fire, excessive air, water, noise and dust pollution, (all of which are part of the proposal). Examination of the MCAGCC proposals verifies that there is not one single word acknowledging the proposals effects on area residents, and the manner in which they are handling the matter is quite insulting.

To date, the MCAGCC has failed to adequately respond to the community's complaints about over flights of military aircraft. The MCAGCC has already allowed too many over flights in Wonder Valley causing a disruption to wildlife and peace and quiet. Wonder Valley is already out of compliance with state air quality standards and any additional dust or other pollutants will only adversely impact the public health.

When developing the draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), the MCAGCC must recognize that in my view, the proposed expansion cannot be mitigated in terms of visual resources, safety, biological resources, air pollution, traffic, noise, or impact on our water and our quality of life. But must include the devastating financial and emotional impact on local residents and property owners, The costs of moving would be unaffordable and unfair, especially when property values have fallen so drastically, and I am very concerned about how the base expansion will even further affect my property values.

MCAGCC has said that they have held the initial NEPA "public" hearings, but these hearings were not publicized, and were not open question and answer meetings. The NEPA hearings deadline is Jan. 30, 2009.
Detailed information can be found at:
The official Marine Corps Land Acquisition Study (LAS) Website , http://www.29palms.usmc.mil/las/

Neighbors of the 29 Palms Marine Base expansion http://groups.google.com/group/desertneighbors?hl=en

Website: http://groups.google.com/group/desertneighbors?hl=en

More confirmations of this:
http://www.dmg.gov/climate/agenda.html
http://www.fbodaily.com/archive/2008/01-January/13-Jan-2008/FBO-01484404.htm
http://www.dmg.gov/documents/SUM_DMG_Meeting_EverlyC_061608.pdf

--------------------------
got this post from here
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php/topic,80464.0/topicseen.html
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Variable

Ok brother.  You know I'm with you on most of these issues.  Especially on this particular topic about martial law.  But I think you have been fed some bad information.  So let me see if I can present it in a different way that might be more accurate.  I really have no reason to lie to you or try to manipulate you.  Plus I think that you know me better than the person who wrote these articles.  So hopefully you will take my word for this.

On the first issue about the 22 MEU conducting urban warfare training in Virginia.  You have to understand that war has drastically changed since WW2 - Vietnam.  The world population is growing.  Thus the the amount of urban areas are growing.  It is very unlikely that the United States will be fighting a traditional war in a rural environment any time soon.  Therefore we must train to fight in Urban environments.  Because training is everything.  If you don't - can't properly train, you're fucked.  Good training saves the lives of guys like me man.  Trust me.  The more realistic the training, the better you're chances of survival.  So that is the purpose of the urban warfare training.  I know that it is really easy to read that article and take away that the military is doing martial law drills.  But I'm part of the Fleet Marine Force.  Trust me, we are not training for anything like that.

Also.  I'm not on the subject of the MCAGCC 29 palms yet.  But coincidentally they are building a massive city on MCAGCC so that units can train within the training area of a base instead  of real US cities.  We actually already have a couple on this base.  But none of those, or this new one, look anything like a US city.  They are mock Iraq cities.  We are training for urban warfare in the middle east bro, not the states.  Plus the Marines are Americas shock troops.  They are a highly aggressive force.  Not an occupying force.  To over simplify it.  The Marines take land, the Army keeps it.  So it wouldn't make sense for the Marines to be training for a mission like Martial Law.  That would be the job of the Army. 

Also We do all of our pre deployment training for Afghanistan in Hawthorne, Nevada.  I had to drive through the city multiple times in military vehicles.  A couple helicopters here and there.  But its really no big deal.We just drive through traffic like anyone else.  Or fly over like anyone else.  Plus the people loved seeing us.  A real small town with a lot of pride and respect for the military ( plus we brought money to spend in their stores).

That first article really isnt a big deal at all.  Trust me. beides

The 2nd article as pretty inaccurate in my opinion.  The Marine Corps has no Authority to cease land.  They just presented a case for why they needed more land from Joshua Tree.  And the local Government put it up to a vote.   It wasn't some sneak attack like this article was making it sound.  If its not obvious by now, I am stationed at the MCAGCC in 29 palms, CA.  All the local news papers here and in Yucca valley had that shit on their front pages for a while.  No one is stealing shit from anyone.  And its not like residential property.  Look at a map of the MCAGCC.  It backs up to Joshua Tree.  A National park.  No one is getting their house stole or nothing.

They are right about the wild life though.  But dam, trust me, we have to do all kind of shit to make sure we don't hurt any of those animals.  It's seriously a pain in the ass.  I know its for all the right reasons.  But its not fun having to take all those extra steps when we are out in the field.  Then the forest service ( or whoever is in charge of this kind of shit ) is always out inspecting and harassing us and shit.  And if our shit is fucked up, they fine the shit out of us.  Which is stupid as fuck.  It just Tax dollars being transferred to one government agency to the other. anyways though

The training area of the MCAGCC is desolate as fuck.  It is no where near a home for about a bigillion miles.  Thats why marines love 29 palms.  You can just roll out to the deserts and shoot in all directions without worrying about it.  I really have no idea what these people are talking about.  I mean, My house is in 29 palms and I have never hear a gun shot or artillery shell or military air craft.  All that shit goes on MILES into the desert way away from the city.  Not to mention that 29 palms isnt much of a city at all.  The only reason this base is here, is because of the base.  the closest Wal Mart and starbucks is about 40 min away.  Think about that.  Not to mention that a lot of these marines who are in charge and pushing for this expansion, are homeowners in 29 palms.  I doubt they are trying to loser their own home values.

I'm telling you bro, you got some bad info this time.

Jerry_Curls

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Variable

lol after all that I get a "fasho"

Whats up with the original story we were talking about in here?  Heard anything new on it?

Jerry_Curls

Exclusive: Aides Map First 100 Hours
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/us_world/Exclusive__Aides_map_first_100_hours.html
By  MIKE ALLEN
Updated 2:45 PM EST, Sun, Jan 18, 2009

Officials say on Wednesday, which is being referred to as "Day 1," he is scheduled to meet with his economic team to discuss the latest calibration of his stimulus package.

From the campaign trail to inauguration, see photos of Barack Obama and his family as they head to the White House.

About 20 senior officials have had their paperwork cleared to enter the White House complex on Tuesday. Some will attend a traditional lunch with the new president in the Capitol, then get to work while the inaugural parade is under way.

The quick start on Tuesday is indicative of the months of planning that Obama's transition team has put into preparing for his opening days in office.

Officials say on Wednesday, which is being referred to as "Day 1," he is scheduled to meet with his economic team to discuss the latest calibration of his stimulus package, which is likely to be about $900 billion by the time it reaches his desk, probably in mid-February.

Obama will also meet Wednesday with his national security team to discuss "next steps in Iraq and Afghanistan," an aide said.

On the Middle East, "You'll see him act quickly," incoming senior adviser David Axelrod told John King on the debut edition of CNN's "State of the Union."

"The president- elect has said repeatedly that he intends to engage early and aggressively with diplomacy all over the world and using the men and women, the professionals who are in place, who are great, and, where appropriate, special envoys," Axelrod said.

Obama also plans a flurry of executive orders, including some on Wednesday. These orders are a way presidents can force change in government without having to go through Congress.

The early Obama orders are likely to range from the mundane to the profound – from routine bureaucratic proclamations about continuity of government, to a declaration calling to begin the closing of the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

News stories have said the Guantanamo Bay executive order would come on Obama's first full day in office, but an aide said it might be a day or two later. Over his first several days in office, he plans a series of orders that will kick off his era of change.

Robert Gibbs, the incoming White House press secretary, suggested on "Fox News Sunday" that Obama plans early steps toward his top agenda item of tighter regulation of the financial sector.

"We have to do things differently, in a more transparent way," Gibbs said. "We have to get ourselves out of this mess, and only by demanding more of the financial institutions will we be able to do that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
US prepares for continuity of government...
[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1xq0a2paXMA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1xq0a2paXMA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Continuity of Government....secret plan
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QdfjsS9Wqk8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QdfjsS9Wqk8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

dictatesofreason

Variable

I just can't figure out how anyone could even be brainwashed into thinking this is a good idea.  Not only that, but what the fuck do we have the FBI, FEMA, Coast Guard, local police and fire fighters for if we are just going to use the military for emergencies?