Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Will The US Goverment Buy My Shitty Assets Too?

Started by Oldnewtype, Sep 26, 2008, 01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldnewtype

http://www.buymyshitpile.com

"People are going to bring their own personal junk that they think is worth as much as the junk financial instruments that the government is proposing to buy from the Wall Street banks," says Andrew Boyd, an activist and freelance online-video artist for nonprofit groups in Manhattan. "We're hoping that people show up with their 8-track cassette collections, their old Spice Girl CDs, their surf boards that got bit by sharks and old Enron stock certificates."

defkitty

haha true...I have a shitload for them to take...but I'll just settle for taking the monetary compensation n keep my crap.  glad that financial institutions know now that they should just purposely screw up big time if they see problems arise...they can just get paid off and move on

he who dies with the most toys wins

BloodyKnifePrty

Variable

Quote from: defkitty on Sep 26, 2008, 01:46 AM
haha true...I have a shitload for them to take...but I'll just settle for taking the monetary compensation n keep my crap.  glad that financial institutions know now that they should just purposely screw up big time if they see problems arise...they can just get paid off and move on
The financial institutions are not totally innocent.  But they did get set up by the Federal Reserve.  The Fed is just trying to use them as a skapegoat  Trying to get you to focus on the companies instead of the big problem in the government.

Oldnewtype